Trailers: Resident Evil 4 HD - Gameplay Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Resident Evil 4 HD - Gameplay Trailer

Because the zombies weren't scary enough apparently.

Watch Video

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
It doesn't... Look any different?

Who cares. ITS RESIDENT EVIL 4! I LOVE THIS GAME.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
Another attempt from Capcom to shove this game down our throats...i would love to see an HD upgrade (or remake) of RE 2 and 3 but no...a 3rd port of Resident Evil 4....great idea Capcom. I also like the fact hat there is almost NO DIFFERENCE in the graphics.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Huh, it does look a noticable bit better (the Wii port is surprisingly rougher than I remembered). Enough to justify buying it AGAIN? I'm still not sure.

Oh who am I am kidding, I can't say no to Leon and his new and improved, even prettier hair. Oh Leon *swoons*

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Good to see that the Regenerators are as horrifying as they ever were. The breathing! It still makes my blood run cold.

I don't know why I would want to buy RE:4 again though. I have a working PS2 and the HD doesn't seem to make any difference to the graphics.

I am tempted to fire up the old PS2 and do a playthrough this weekend though.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
The Floating Nose said:
Another attempt from Capcom to shove this game down our throats...i would love to see an HD upgrade (or remake) of RE 2 and 3 but no...a 3rd port of Resident Evil 4....great idea Capcom. I also like the fact hat there is almost NO DIFFERENCE in the graphics.
I quite agree. All Capcom seem capable of doing lately is re-releasing old games or simply remaking the same games with a different name. I'm sick of it and I'm sick of Resident Evil! RE4 was a good game but it wasn't a Resident Evil game. For me the series peaked with RE3 and it's only gone downhill since then. Hopefully this "HD re-release" fad will end soon.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
This game's visuals hold up better in HD than I would've thought. I just hope they're basing it on the Wii version, as it was the least gimped release. I'd hate to see them use the prerendered cutscenes from the PS2 version instead of doing it in-engine, or leaving out some of the features that were added to later releases.

P.S. Thanks

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Will someone please tell me why so many previous gen titles that came out not too long before the ps3 r been rereleased in hd when the graphics dont really need it?
I will accept money whoring, but a real reason would be nice if it exists...

On another note, why the new stuff and not the older stuff that could probably actually do with an update?????

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Um... yeah, I'm just going to stick with my Wii version. From what I've heard, all they've done is increase the draw distance and remove some lighting effects. It's just an 'upscaling', not a proper HD remastering.

Plus, it's a direct port of the GameCube version, so none of the extra missions or unlockables will be included. What the hell are Capcom thinking?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Meh, it just looks a bit cleaner, with less jaggies and possibly with antialiasing, but the shadows all look exactly the same (as in, there's no shadows at all, just black blobs) and the textures looks exactly the same. Probably they're shoving a bit more enemies than before (I don't quite remember if there were that many enemies on screen at once). Although the aestethics still hold up remarkably well, especially in HD.

Also... Leon's hair... in HD... oh, the hell with it, I'd probably still buy it.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This is the best of the series, and it's tempting to get it again in HD, since all my old games look like complete ass on my current TV. MMMM, I'll hold off, Ico collection next week, then Dark Souls, gonne be inundated with games till Skyrim comes out.. then Skyrim and all. Perhaps if I feel nostalgic a little later on.

Also, why the fuck are you remaking games?!? I have to put this up there with Ocarina of Time 3D, just make a new fucking game please.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
still the worst RE i have ever played. hate this game. absolutely hate it. terrible controls and the graphics dont look better either. still ask my self who in QA approved for the pc version of RE 4.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
[flame sheild has been activated]
To be honest, if Resident Evil 4 was the best in the series (it's the only one I've played), than I'd hate to see the worst in the series.
Oh, and the graphics look exactly the same.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Eh. I already own the PC version. Sure, it's a shitty port of a shitty port (it uses the inferior PS2 version), but there are mods out there that make the game really pretty.

That, and skins.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
anyone notice how the guns laser has changed from a beam to a simple dot where you aim?
and it does look a little bit better but not by much, still unless the PS3
version has move support i wont be buying this.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
You know, they wouldn't have to make another port of this game if they had just made all the PS3's backwards compatible with PS2 games. But I guess they removed it just so they can resell all the good games from last generation.