Trailers: Shogun 2: Total War Assassination Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Shogun 2: Total War Assassination Trailer

What happens when you order your ninja to assassinate an enemy general?

Watch Video

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
This ninja must be a reject from the Tenchu games.

He isnt exactly the stealthiest person ive seen.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
hurr silly ninja got leg humped & fell down durr

Think that was the response they were going for.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
It wasnt very ninja-ish....felt like a schoolboy sneaking to do a prank on the principal....but still im exited about this game....it just brings back so many memories from the days when i played shogun 1 and had no idea why i kept losing haha

angel34

Jan 16, 2009
With guards that useful, only a ninja using an air horn could possibly fail.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
Wait a minute...wasn't this posted in the news section twice?

*EDIT* Yes, yes it was.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104090-Shogun-2-Assassination-Trailer-Flips-Out-With-Ninjas

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I am going to take a guess that the video applies to a beginner ninja, as well as implies victory isn't guaranteed. Not sure if I like the new campaign map view but didn't see enough of that to really make a determination

capnpupster

Jul 15, 2008
That's kind of neat, but I doubt I'd make it halfway through a campaign before turning those movies off. They would really get really annoying after you've seen them all.

thethain

Jul 23, 2010
I really wish they had some kind of optional infiltration mini game, would make the assassins feel a little less random.

Did he say Ninjer?

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
Two things.

#1. That is one clumsy ninja

#2. How did the guards not wake up there? I mean he yanked his foot out of that one guards grasp, then proceeded to trip on another.

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
Cousin_IT said:
hurr silly ninja got leg humped & fell down durr

Think that was the response they were going for.
I rather think that this was one of the markers where the outcome could have change (Guard wakes up and kills Ninja for example). Don't know if you have played any of their older Total War games, but at least Medieval 2: Total War had videos that started the same, but depending on the outcome changed midway.

CoreKrogoth

Mar 8, 2010
I'm glad they are doing their part in dispelling the absurd image ninjas have gained due in large part to over-hyped weeaboos. Just like pirates nijas were PEOPLE not the romanticized magical flying BS people seem to think they were these days. Portraying ninjas as over the top inhuman powerhouses is worse than how Twilight portrays vampires.

As for the army/guards sleeping on the ground that can easily be explained too. If you're marching all day carrying 60 or more pounds of supplies or equipment in the summer it's VERY tiring, let alone fighting or training. You're going to be so tired that some guy tripping over you while trying to go take a piss isn't going to get between you and some sleep.

Shogun is another game I'm hesitantly excited about. Empire was so disappointing I'm not sure I can trust Creative Assembly again. Riddled with many game breaking bugs long after release as well as DLC at launch made previously loyal customers like me and several others that have been with the series since Shogun 1 disloyal. Then just to give us another kick in the groin they release Napoleon and ditch support for Empire. So a company I used to hold in the highest regard now is reduced to something barely above EA.

Strixandstones

Sep 20, 2010
From the brief glimpse of the Shogun 2 campaign map, it has attracted my attention far more than the Empire - map has ever and will ever do. And if you are a Total War player, watching a samurai (or ashigaru) clinging to the leg of a ninja in weary reverie is a nice break from the grind of megalomania.

Three cheers for ninjas. I was going to buy this game anyway, whether good or not (out of nostalgia and the joy of a melee-centric Total War) and this has only aroused my interest further.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Are RTS Devs scared of blood now. That may sound juvenile but seriously if that's the best they can do for assassinations I am seriously disappointed. I mean the first's assassinations were awesome

0over0

Dec 30, 2006
Looking forward to the game, regardless of all else.
The main thing I noticed (other than the attempts at comedy) was that the sword, after passing through the enemy general, had no blood on it. Just makes me wonder why. I loved the splash of blood on the shoji screens in the old vids.

As for the map, I don't buy the CA games for their maps, but for the gameplay. That's of primary importance--but that doesn't mean I want the map to be difficult to navigate. As long as it's easy to get around on and relatively accurate, it'll do.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
kouriichi said:
This ninja must be a reject from the Tenchu games.

He isnt exactly the stealthiest person ive seen.
You got the Tenchu vibe too?
I kept having flashbacks of all the ridiculous moments in those games...

OT:
The dude made love to the ninja's foot. I would not call that a successful assassination attempt.
0over0 said:
The main thing I noticed (other than the attempts at comedy) was that the sword, after passing through the enemy general, had no blood on it. Just makes me wonder why.
Kowing that ninja, it's probably because he fell out of the tree, dropped his sword, and just landed on the enemy general himself breaking his head open. The sword only went through the table.
just my theory anyway.