Trailers: Snipers - Trailer

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
So it's basically COD multiplayer with all non-sniper guns removed and an abundance of claymores, insta-kill knifes, strawberry jam screen and somehow invisibility. That... actually looks quite good! Considering sniper is generally the most popular choice of people in multiplayers and everyone really wants to be a sniper (Proof [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.326008-Youre-thrown-into-a-war-what-role-do-you-play#13319380])
Even though this doesn't have much innovation or originality I could see this do rather well. Props to the guys who came up with the concept, so simple, yet so brilliant.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Oh look ANOTHER modern military FPS with insta kill knives!
That encourages camping no less.

Uhm...pass.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
At first I was going to complain about how if it doesn't have proper ballistics, then it wouldn't be worth my time. Then I realized it's basically COD that rewards camping even more.

So pass.

DPeteD

May 29, 2011
Everything in this trailer looks like it was ripped straight from a slightly better looking COD. no thanks.
Though we could do with more grapling hooks In games.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
I have to confess, i never played a 3D online shooter, but a game based on sniping with no NPCs, wouldn't that man, that in an actual game, everyone lies on the ground and waits until someone comes along ?

So, everyone will be just camping ?
Let me guess, the special unlockable weapon is a campfire and some sausages/marshmelloes ?

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
So, this looks like a worse version of Sniper: Ghost Warrior mixed with some of the stupidest CoD mechanics. Is a decent sniping-based multiplayer shooter too much to ask for?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Still waiting on some1 to make a sharpshooting simulator where you have to account for wind, gravity and perhaps even the Coriolis Effect (you know when you get to the lvls where you have to shoot out to 1500m+ XD)

The PS3 peripheral looks neat tho :D

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
That has got to be one of the lamest ads I've ever seen. Why does it keep cutting back to the hand drawn dude chilling by the window? Why does every tiny piece of the UI and the mechanics look like a broken COD game? With the name "hydravision" I thought the developers were directly parodying activision with this junk. :/

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Get rid of the insta-kill panic knife and we'll talk. Seriously people, Battlefield 3 had it right. A knife should be something that's a last resort or when you want to sneak up on someone. Not 180 degree kill machine.

But a game that actually encourages camping is surprisingly a fun idea. Being sneakier than the other person makes for rewarding gameplay.

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
So they made a game out of something that could easily have been a gameplay mode for [current favorite FPS]? If I were on the dev team for [current favorite FPS] I'd make a sniper mod just to piss these guys off.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Blah Blah is like COD will snipa Rifles.
God guys every game doesn't have to be a revelation. It looks... well who cares its a trailer, like what Yahtzee said, "we need a demo to actually have a proper idea of this game."
And the collectors edition looks awesome, not the platic toy gun, but the 'plastic toy' headset, where can I get a pair of those?