Trailers: Sonic Generations - DreamCast Trailer

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Wow. You'd think the last thing they would want to do when pushing this as a good game is remind people of Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes and say "THIS GAME IS GOING TO HAVE STUFF FROM THESE TWO PILES OF CRAP!!" They should have said "Sonic Adventure 2... Sonic Heroes... Nothing from those two games in this one, we're making good levels instead!"

And then Shadow? REALLY?! I don't know why I even pay attention to anything new regarding Sonic anymore, SEGA will clearly never put out a good game again. Yes I'm including Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors in that statement, deal with it. Try all you want to tell me I should like them, but I won't. I wised up after all you people said Sonic Rush was great. Sonic Rush sucked and I refuse to be fooled again.
It's funny since you know, Sonic is the only playable character and Shadow is just a rival character you fight in the game. Is this going to be the same reaction when you find out Silver is in the game, but, you know he still is a rival character. Just saying. Don't talk shit about something you have no idea about.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
and of course this game is for all the consoles I don't (yet) own.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
I personally can't wait for this. Although I was kinda hoping it would just be sonic this time. But if we get Shadow, that means we probably get all of the normal ones. And probably Blaze, because she's in everything.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
airrazor7 said:
Snip
I guess we're freaks(birds) of a feather then because I enjoyed both Sonic Adventure games. It took awhile for Shadow to grow on me and I believe that Unleashed would have been an excellent game if the night levels, coin hunting and the 'werehog' concept were axed from the game. I'll enjoy the torture with ya.
Well, I'm glad to hear about another person who doesn't irrationally hate Sonic just because he's Sonic and in a 3D game.

(Oh, and if you have a Wii and don't have Sonic Colors, pick it up. That game is amazing, especially when compared to his previous games. The story is still absolutely bonkers, but the overall game is exactly what you described would have made Unleased an excellent game.)
I'll have to admit that I was strongly skeptical about sonic colors, even more so after reading that the game's creation was inspired by mario and also reading about the "bonkers" plot for the story. However, at your recommendation I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking for a reason to use my Wii for something besides Netflix.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
airrazor7 said:
I'll have to admit that I was strongly skeptical about sonic colors, even more so after reading that the game's creation was inspired by mario and also reading about the "bonkers" plot for the story. However, at your recommendation I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking for a reason to use my Wii for something besides Netflix.
I was skeptical too (edited because apparently the Wii version was actually received better than the other two), but after playing it I was frankly quite impressed. It's not really difficult (on the whole I'd say the level design is far more forgiving than the day stages in Unleashed were), but the addition of the Scoring system brings forth something Jim Sterling talked about a while back in the Jimquisition: "Making your own difficulty." Because getting S ranks in the stages is pretty hard.

I will say that you may want to try it with the Classic Controller/Gamecube Controller, because the controls do lag a bit behind the game and I don't think there's any benefit to using the Wiimote, but that's my own personal opinion.

[sub]Also, there is a coin collection side-quest, strictly speaking, but its only benefit is unlocking extra single- or co-op levels that you complete to unlock Super Sonic for use in the normal stages, so you aren't forced into it. The S-ranks and coin collecting are mostly to enhance replay value.[/sub]

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Sega should release this game for Dreamcast.
shrekfan246 said:
I liked it. My point opinion is rendered invalid by actually liking Adventure, Adventure 2, Shadow (the character), and the day levels in Unleashed, though. Apparently I'm some freak who loves torture?
The adventure games were awesome, especially the second.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Good thing I had my New Zealand buddy pre order me the Europe/Australia exclusive collectors edition. (Apparently they group NZ with Australia)

Jan 27, 2011
Yup, Still hyped for this.

Also hoping that Shadow is an unlockable character whose main gimmick is to slow down time for precision perfect actions. :p

Or that when he runs into the two sonics, he says something along the lines of "...TWO Sonics? ...What did I do to deserve this... >_<"

Edit: ...Ok...Apparently he's a boss fight instead! ...That works for me! :p

Jan 27, 2011
airrazor7 said:
I have to recommend it as well. It's like Unleashed, but with none of the fail. The gameplay is solid, and the wisps add a lot of diversity. Plus, most of the levels are a downright joy to play through. Not to mention a whole lot of secret (and optional) goodies for all those exploraholics.

:p And although the story is "bonkers"...it's actually the best sonic story in years. It doesn't take itself seriously, and actually had me cracking up a few times. It seems they've finally gotten Sonic and Tails perfect this time around.

Oh, and if you are looking for another reason to dust off your wii...If you haven't played Muramasa: The demon blade...If you like action games at all...Get. It. It's fantastic.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
This looks pretty good. My only complaint is the inclusion of those crappy orange robots. Seriously, they pose next to no challenge without a gun and offer no variety.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Aw, for a minute I thought it was an HD remake of Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 and Sonic Heroes.

If that's what it had been, I would seriously go and buy whatever console it was going to be on just to play that. I stopped being a Sonic fan years ago, but I would definitely buy an HD remake of Sonic Adventure!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'm not the one to judge this game and declare this will suck but I'm surprised the forum reaction has been pretty positive so far.

the game does seem pretty fun

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
mysecondlife said:
I'm not the one to judge this game and declare this will suck but I'm surprised the forum reaction has been pretty positive so far.

I think you got that impression due to the amount of hate for sonic games coming from the LRR crew. They seem to seriously hate the games.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
Guys, don't be cute; the Shadow levels in Sonic Adventure 2 were amazing. If he didn't have guns, then assume it's okay, still. Talk about barrel scrapping for hate.

(Mod Note: This is not towards to OP)

Still looking forward to this game. Don't. Eff. This. Up. Like. You. Did. Unleashed. Sega. ; _;

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Please please please please please please please please please please please don't suck... I've been waiting for a good Sonic game since Adventure 2. And no, Colors was slightly above average, not "good".

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
JenSeven said:
mysecondlife said:

I think you got that impression due to the amount of hate for sonic games coming from the LRR crew. They seem to seriously hate the games.
no.. considering I don't care for LRR, that can't be it.

I expected hate for the game because last couple of them were seemingly bad. I wouldn't know, I never played them

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Phlakes said:
Please please please please please please please please please please please don't suck... I've been waiting for a good Sonic game since Adventure 2. And no, Colors was slightly above average, not "good".
well getting an 8.5 just about everywhere really is just above average.