Trailers: Sonic Generations - Gamescom Trailer

Dec 14, 2009
You know what, that doesn't look half bad.

I probably won't be getting it, but it at least has a sembelence of the Sonic we all love.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
You know, that looks like a fun weekend rental. And Lord knows I'll need something cheery in November, what with that notoriously depressing weather and all.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I hope i can enjoy this as much as I enjoyed Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, (Bar fishing). I'd love to play a good sonic game!

Actually, watching this has got me in the mood to Play Sonic Adventure 2, Woo! My Wii has a use again!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, I'll admit it, that actually does look quite interesting. Plus it gives credence to the idea that Sonic has aged.

The last Sonic game I liked was Adventure 2: Battle.

Come on, the games before Sonic: Heroes (blegh) weren't bad...

*escapes through closed third story window* I REGRET NOTHIIIiii[small]iiiing...[/small] *Wet crunch followed by car alarms*

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
So... what am I seeing here? Sonic 2 crosses over with Sonic Heroes? A "time travel" theme through two distinctly identical cities? Sonic travels back in time to before he lost weight and got a hipster haircut?

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I suppose it says something that I still have hopes for Sonic. Good luck, guys.

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
wait, a sonic game not based on some stupid gimmick stripped from some other more successful game?
and instead based on trying to return to the roots of the franchise?
i take it the entire sonic team got replaced by body snatchers who had a collective Iq higher than that of house hold plants, that the only thing that could explain this.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
This actually looks like a good Sonic game we've been waiting on for ages.

Last game I liked was Heroes and before that SA2.

This game is shaping up nicely.

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
Uh.. People, remember Sonic Colors? You know, that awesome game that people started saying proved Sonic could still do well? You know..? Sonic Colors?

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
You did it Sega, you finally managed to pull your head out of your ass and make a game for the sonic fans that were there for ya in the beginning. It's about damn time...

Jan 27, 2011
Sperium 3000 said:
Uh.. People, remember Sonic Colors? You know, that awesome game that people started saying proved Sonic could still do well? You know..? Sonic Colors?
Yeah, I know! I'm surprised that a lot of people seem to ignore that game, despite the TREMENDOUS amount of ass it kicked. For me, it's juuust under Sonic 3&K.

......I'm assuming most people just go "oh, it's wii exclusive. It's automatically lame". ...And to anyone who belisves that...Look up "Muramasa; the Demon blade". And cry that it is not on an HD console. :p

2xDouble said:
So... what am I seeing here? Sonic 2 crosses over with Sonic Heroes?
Seems more like Sonic 2 (with some Sonic rush thrown in) crossed over with Sonic Colors (minus the powerups)...

Heroes wasn't that fast, nor did it have that good level design (IMO).

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
I'm confused, so the skinny modern Sonic with green eyes is the chubby one from the olden days? Or is he just a different Sonic that... exists... somehow... *headache*

I always assumed they were just two different Sonics, a different take on the "lore" until they mentioned the time travel bit, confusing me to when exactly Sonic took the time to lose weight, he obviously didn't do it through running alone.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
wwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Tails is back! There was an earlier statement about this game that said no extra characters would be included. Glad the developers changed their minds. I hope the game has co-op and they should bring back Knuckles as well. They can leave Shadow in whatever stasis containment they found him in. He eventually grew on me but I still feel like "meh" to his concept.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Every time a new sonic game is announced we go through the exact same motions. We get excited that perhaps this one might be the one that returns the series to its former glory and that everything will be good. Then we get and play it for an hour or two and kinda wish we could have our sixty dollars back along with our hopes and dreams. Honestly I'm past the point where...Ah hell who am I kidding? PLEASE DON'T SUCK! PLEASE!

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
This looks better than Sonic Colours, and Colours was probably the best Sonic game I've played, I can safely say I am excited for this.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I think this is actually quite a clever move by Sonic Team. They know that most of the old Sonic fans want to see him back to how he was: side-scrolling and just fun without a horrific, tacked-on story with a forced human interest. But this way they're happy and so are we, as they can have their 3D modern Sonic whereas we literally get the old Sonic back.