Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Trooper Progression

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Star Wars: The Old Republic: Trooper Progression

Level up your Trooper to unlock the Commando and Vanguard specializations in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Watch Video

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
In before Blizzard W****s, who haven't watched the video start griefing.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Best of the bunch so far, this has always been my class choice. Vanguard, woo!

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Why is it with these progression trailers that it seems to always be between either a dps or a tank?

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
JoshGod said:
Why is it with these progression trailers that it seems to always be between either a dps or a tank?
agreed.
also note the beyond impossible body shape and (even for ingame standards) bad and shallow movement animations.
*sigh* what happened to the bioware I knew and loved D:?

Andsre

Dec 25, 2008
The jedi (sith?) at the end of the trailer is, without a doubt, the most incompetent jedi I have ever seen. "Huge guy with huge gun walking straight towards me? Better ignore him!"

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
I was so looking forward to this game until they began releasing trailers. I am disappointed in Bioware. The KotOR games were great (Although the second was just about the buggiest thing I've ever played).

What happened?

Savber

Feb 17, 2011
nayrbarr said:
I was so looking forward to this game until they began releasing trailers. I am disappointed in Bioware. The KotOR games were great (Although the second was just about the buggiest thing I've ever played).

What happened?

The only thing that happened was that you decided to judge a 200 hr game by a 2 min trailer.

Harkwell

Sep 14, 2009
JoshGod said:
I agree, I looked up the 2 branches each class has and most of them are either DPS or tank in one form or another. Definitely unimpressed.

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
JoshGod said:
Mostly because healing skills generally aren't that flashy to watch, I'd imagine - but you'll notice the commando does use a healing ability in this video. The advanced classes are generally dps/healer vs dps/tank. The recent exception among these trailers was the sith warrior, which has no healing tree.

A lot of the healing trees were added in more recently, which is another reason you don't see them in the earlier progression trailers.

Harkwell said:
JoshGod said:
I agree, I looked up the 2 branches each class has and most of them are either DPS or tank in one form or another. Definitely unimpressed.
That's not true. 6 out of the 8 classes have a healing tree.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Savber said:
nayrbarr said:

What happened?

The only thing that happened was that you decided to judge a 200 hr game by a 2 min trailer.
Way more, when you take into account the other classes. This site has too many TOR haters. Knee-jerk reactions compared to what, I don't know. GW2, I guess. Because MMOs totally can't coexist and if you like one game, you must hate the others. That's the rules.

jobbybobby

Apr 1, 2011
clearly the old republic has something against helmets.

NO HELMETS FOR YOU! YOU MUST EARN A HELMET THROUGH YEARS OF TRAINING!

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Hmmm.
Better than the last trailer, but I think that's due to the use of "Sons of War" by Two Steps from Hell.

Mute it and watch it again. Same problems as before.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
jobbybobby said:
clearly the old republic has something against helmets.

NO HELMETS FOR YOU! YOU MUST EARN A HELMET THROUGH YEARS OF TRAINING!
They are just using standard armour, you can customize and use other Armour that you can buy/find, they are not going to show 50 pieces of armour in one trailer are they?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
rsvp42 said:
Savber said:
nayrbarr said:

What happened?

Way more, when you take into account the other classes. This site has too many TOR haters. Knee-jerk reactions compared to what, I don't know. GW2, I guess. Because MMOs totally can't coexist and if you like one game, you must hate the others. That's the rules.
They don't like the game (that isn't released yet) because the unfinished animations are not finished (shock horror) the enemy A.I looks to easy (but they are probably set to easy for the trailer) and there is no customization options (because 50 pieces of armour were not shown in the trailer)

Just ignore them, they will soon learn.

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
It doesn't LOOK that impressive. Maybe the gfx look good for an MMO - I wouldn't know, I haven't ever played one - but as a KoToR fan, it looks weaker than that game did. Furthermore, something about it just doesn't spark the interest that the original CGI trailers did. It seems.. Lame..

Even the weapons seem the same.. Big mini-gun vs. a sniper rifle.. Yet the sniper rifle fires very quickly too? From a purely RoF/distance look, I couldn't see an obvious difference between the two guns..

EDIT: Yes, I know, its Star Wars lore, and all, but even so...