Trailers: Street Fighter X Tekken: Gameplay Pt 1

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Street Fighter X Tekken: Gameplay Pt 1

The Street Fighter crew show off their moves in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Watch Video

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Classic Tekken return with all their classic moves.

...except for the ability to dodge sideways.

...which was kind of a central mechanic to the original game.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Yay, another game with complicated 40 hits combo that takes 2\3 of your hp, lovely.
Tekken without sideways isn't Tekken.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Yeah, all that juggling and huge combos? I have enough trouble with people using the Focus cancels in SF4. No thanks Capcom.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
It should be noted that there are two games in development, one that plays like Street Fighter, the other like Tekken. Obviously one being developed by Capcom, the other by Namco.

So if you really want the side movements, wait on Tekken X Street Fighter.

Caveworm

Jun 8, 2011
Ah, stop touching my Tekken you fiends!

Looks a bit too...cute for the Tekken characters. Oh, I agree with air juggling-cheap.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
Methinks I'll wait for Tekken X Street Fighter and let this one slide by.

I also like how they only show Street Fighter characters beating up Tekken characters in this video. It's obvious they know that fans of each series will only buy the game that plays like their series, and THEN only buy it so they can prove their series is better by beating up on the other one's characters XD

Randomspike

Pinball Wizard
Oct 12, 2010
SoopaSte123 said:
Methinks I'll wait for Tekken X Street Fighter and let this one slide by.

I also like how they only show Street Fighter characters beating up Tekken characters in this video. It's obvious they know that fans of each series will only buy the game that plays like their series, and THEN only buy it so they can prove their series is better by beating up on the other one's characters XD
There's a second trailer where the Tekken characters beat up Street Fighter characters.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
I think the game has potential. From what the developer describe the game is supposed have a feeling of ssf4, mvc3 and tekken all at once. As much as that brew sounds like a disaster, it sounds like there is also great potential.

From what I've read about the game the tekken characters are supposed to retain the ability to bounce characters off the ground to continue combos...though I also remember reading that it's somewhat limited (I have to go back and read the source).

I'm willing to give this game a chance. Partly because I think the game is what I need right now and partly because the fanboy in me has thought about this match-up for the longest time.

I also plan on getting tekken x street fighter. It will be interesting to see the system differences.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Scizophrenic Llama said:
It should be noted that there are two games in development, one that plays like Street Fighter, the other like Tekken. Obviously one being developed by Capcom, the other by Namco.

So if you really want the side movements, wait on Tekken X Street Fighter.
Oh I know. I love Street Fighter. But since I HATE Tekken with a passion. I don't think I'll give either version a chance.