Trailers: Syndicate - Tech Trailer

Comando96

May 26, 2009
I wantz :D

Oh I've wanted to shoot stuff in a single player campaign for so so long :)
Also a system that rewards doing well as opposed to get the fuck in that corner... gimme now :)

I really hope this isn't shit now :s

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I don't think they could have taken the spirit of this game in a further "off the track" direction. I really have very little interest in this game at this point, they took a great old game and shoehorned some bullshit gimmick into it quite forcefully. This game looks like every other sci-fi shooter I've ever seen. Hope I'm wrong about this but damn, it looks really bad.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
This is what I find off when I see a game like this. Sure, it looks fun, but it doesn?t look like Starbreeze Studios is letting this Syndicate reach its possible potential. That or it?s not showing us everything yet. Syndicate already rewards the player with all of its flashy weapons that blows crap up and shoots around corners minimizing need to have much of any skill. There isn't anything wrong with that it being part of the appeal and I get that.

What I worry about is how they designed the techs and the game as a whole. With 19 weapons, 87 attachments and 25 upgrades it seems like one could possibly use the weapons and breach applications tactfully in a stealth assassin style of gameplay that could appeal to different kind of players yet from what I have seen overall the mechanics scream the more bodies you drop, i.e. faster kills, the more rewarding the experience. If you want to play a game like a mindless meat sack throwing yourself into a group of enemies catching bullets with your face and are rewarded for it then I guess that's great for that kind of player but it doesn't make it seem much rewarding to play tactfully as you take one or two guys out at a time without anyone knowing wtf is going on and then have to wait as you sit recharging repeatedly after breaching a number of people into killing their best friends while you watched and had a nice laugh.

I keep seeing blood, guns, and explosions from these videos and can't help but think back to what Yahtzee said one minute and fifty-five seconds into his ZP review of CoD: Black Opps.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's certainly well animated and there is no shortage of fluff, but I can't see any substance, the whole thing is actually very sterile.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
now im a bit skeptical. sure looks nice but regenerating health, looks lilke every simple shooter we already know. does not really remind me of the old syndicate i grew up with. i just hope ?A dint tell them how much more they can screw up this franchise.

Sep 4, 2009
EA, you're making my decision to never buy or play anything with your name on it easy.

I mean, I can play Deus EX: HR or E.Y.E. Divine Technomancy without supporting your DRM loving, sequel spewing, studio wrecking business model.

Syndicate? You're just going to stimulate retrogaming. And make more people pissed off Bullfrog isn't around any more. Because you boiled them.

Symbio Joe

Dec 7, 2010
Ah, yes Syndicate that great egoshooter I played back in my teen days... wait a second. That's what he said
The Cake Is Annoying said:
EA, you're making my decision to never buy or play anything with your name on it easy.

I mean, I can play Deus EX: HR or E.Y.E. Divine Technomancy without supporting your DRM loving, sequel spewing, studio wrecking business model.

Syndicate? You're just going to stimulate retrogaming. And make more people pissed off Bullfrog isn't around any more. Because you boiled them.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Well, things are looking slightly less awesome than they were before. But if anyone can pull this off, Starbreeze can.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
Well, things are looking slightly less awesome than they were before. But if anyone can pull this off, Starbreeze can.
but not if ?A tells them what else they have to do wrong to pull this game in to the dirt.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
Too much data on the screen. Too much text, icons and neons. :(

...i died a little inside.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
WTF is this? It says syndicate but it isn't in the least way tactical. It is just a lame head-on shooter with a few special abilities. Another game I won't buy since it seems to be for another demographic.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah, I'm going to be that guy again. The one who's still clinging on to the fact that this game could have been so much more had it kept closer to it's original format. Something inventive and somewhat unique in this day and age.

I'm that dude who thinks that this franchise was taken for the name alone and turned in to a run-on-the-mill FPS with elements that can be traced back to any of the other hundred current FPS titles. The one who thinks that this game retains nothing to little of the original game and whilst elements of it do look cool, wonders why they couldn't have just made a game without aborting the name of the Original and using it as a tool for publicity.
Why use the Syndicate brand? It could have stood on it's own two feet. (rhetorical of course - known IP garners twice the interest)

I'm also that guy who loves FPS games and has more FPS titles than any other genre, yet still thinks that this game shouldn't end up like this.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
So many flashes and icons dancing around on the screen I feel like I'm gonna have a seizure.

It already looks like it's trying to go down the road of offering a lot of "choices", but not actually making those choices have any impact. Choice is fun when it's a matter of deciding how you will approach an encounter in a way that suits your play-style. Choice isn't as fun when it's just picking one of a few hundred ways to kill a guy.

"Hmmm, do I make this guys weapon explode or do I blast him in the face with a shotgun? Who cares! They're mechanically identical!".

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Hmm. I'll get it around it's release day to see how it plays and to see if online coop is any good. If not, then I'll be taking advantage of EB's 7-day return policy yet again.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
I am going to do something COMPLETELY innovative here at the escapist and reserve my judgement for the game until I have played it!

Yeah EA haven't exactly made me feel all to confident in it, but quite frankly the nostalgia will hopefully make it a worthy item for me to check out, either way the whole "hating on an unreleased title" model that has been going around here is kinda annoying, and a lot of titles that people on this site seem to hate with a fiery passion I have found incredibly entertaining, so who knows, maybe it will be a fun game.

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
The 'powers' on the trailer really reminds me of GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, some 007 spin off.