Trailers: The Elder Scrolls Online - Teaser

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
SUPA FRANKY said:
Man, this trailer answered so many questions I needed to be answered. Totally worth the wait.
Not to be rude, but what questions could that possibly have answered?

I came up with 3-

Will there be viking people? YES
Will there be generic looking elves? YES
Will there be some guy with a bow? YES

I really cannot see what other questions that may have answered.

Personally, I would say that the trailer was uninspiring.

EDIT;

haha, sorry, I was a little slow picking up the sarcasm. It doesn't work so well in text.
<3

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
So they release a second pointless teaser trailer. Good job building up the excitement Zenimax/Bethesda.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
I'm just pretending this doesn't exist. Not the trailer. The game itself.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
Ugh, honestly this game just upsets me now. I know it's not being made by Bethesda Game Studios, but the problem is, alot of people still think it is. Though that is simply horrible ignorance, it still does tarnish the name of the brand itself, and thats not cool at all.

This trailer was nothing, it was a waste of time for whoever painstakingly did the animation. This has added no new fans or excitement to the prospect of TES: the WoW clone, and has really only hurt the project further. That is mostly due to the god-aweful Elves in this. Skyrim did a great thing by making the Mer something unique, and this just stepped back and spat on that. ESO is being made by a group of people with no spark of creativity in their entire bodies, the game is shaping up like it is being made by focus group from start to finish.

Unless they step back, hold the release date, and seriously overhaul the entire game, it will flop. There isn't even an arguement there, this will bomb horribly if the design continues in any way like it is now. Just look at the comments for your proof, in two pages, not a single positive comment, and thats how it is across the entire internet.

Stormtyrant

Nov 5, 2011
Hit about 46 seconds. Nothing happens...

Battering ram? Cool, maybe now the action will pick up and - oh, that was it.

Yay?

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
*Snore* I was cautiously pessimistic before. Now I think it may as well be full on pessimism. The next one had better show at the least something to distinguish it from a Blizzard game or the crickets will be deafening.

bean burrito

Jul 10, 2009
FlameAx said:
Good knows for you beths developing studio ( the guys behind FO3, Skyrim, and the other elderscrolls) are not developing this , zenimax online is , so its not going to delay any new REAL elderscrolls game or fallout 4
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I always forget how Bethesda the publisher and Bethesda game studios are different entities. I still wish they wouldn't tarnish the name of TES with an online game that sounds, by all accounts, to be a crappy wow clone

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
BehattedWanderer said:
Meh. Needs more Argonians.
dragongit said:
BehattedWanderer said:
and Khajiit.

I swear game designers are biggots. No attention or love towards the Orcs, Argonians, or Khajiit. Always humanish races and Elves. Come to think of it, not in any current screenshots I can find are there even any Argonians or Khajiit.
Eleima said:
Where are the Khajiit? The Argonians? Also, way to take a step back and go back to generic looking elves, Bethesda. You'd done so well with making the Mer alien looking in Skyrim, and now this...
I am disappointed.
Ok, let me clarify things for those who suddenly lost eyesight
Argonian- 00:35 lower left corner
Khajiit- 00:48 operating battering ram
Orsimers- 00:43 both soldiers on the right from the archer
And also it seems there finally will be Imga (00:35 lower right corner) in a TES game
And, no, don't ask me how I know- I have my sources :D

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
blackrave said:
And also it seems there finally will be Imga (00:35 lower right corner) in a TES game
I'm gonna have to take your word for it, because I can't make anything out, at all. XD
See any Bretons? They're my go to race. ^_^

Samarith

Feb 20, 2010
It may have been a hoax but the 'features' list I saw for TES Online makes me think this probably was gameplay footage.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
That Altmer was not an Altmer, :( I love the Elder Scrolls but am struggling to find reasons to be looking forward to this so far. I know it's early days, but Generic Fantasy MMO just springs to mind. C'mon, Zenimax, don't let me down.

Unsung

Aug 29, 2008
Well, that was patently terrible.

TES: Online will be awful. I saw it happen with Final Fantasy, and it'll happen to TES. See ya, it's been fun.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
blackrave said:
BehattedWanderer said:
dragongit said:
BehattedWanderer said:
and Khajiit.

I swear game designers are biggots. No attention or love towards the Orcs, Argonians, or Khajiit. Always humanish races and Elves. Come to think of it, not in any current screenshots I can find are there even any Argonians or Khajiit.
Eleima said:
Where are the Khajiit? The Argonians? Also, way to take a step back and go back to generic looking elves, Bethesda. You'd done so well with making the Mer alien looking in Skyrim, and now this...
I am disappointed.
...No. I can't take your word for that, since everyone you specified is indistinguishable from anyone else. Even going frame by frame, I see no Khajiit. I call Shenanigans!

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Generic with a capital MEH.

But when you try to render a whole continent with half an RPG's worth of content, that's all your going to get. Close your eyes, Tamriel fans.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Umm, this is a teaser people, not a trailer. Granted it's slightly less teasery than that... other teaser we had a few weeks ago, but it's still just a teaser. It's basically just there to tell you that shit is in the works, yo. A trailer gives you a wider view of the flavour of a game; a trailer this is not.