Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 1.5 Update VIdeo

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Glad they finally added kill cams for range/casters.

DustyDrB said:
Are people that enamored with kill cams?
Not exactly enamored but having melee only kill cams makes me feel like they put more thought and care into melee. Plus combat can get pretty dull sometimes so some extra visual flair is nice, though not the definitive solution to solve that problem.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Axyun said:
Glad they finally added kill cams for range/casters.

DustyDrB said:
Not exactly enamored but having melee only kill cams makes me feel like they put more thought and care into melee. Plus combat can get pretty dull sometimes so some extra visual flair is nice, though not the definitive solution to solve that problem.
Oh, all right. I'm the kind of guy who turns kill cams off, so just didn't know there was that much love for them.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
LostintheWick said:
Don't you just hate it when you blast all of your loot off a cliff?
would be if those bums actually had something worth having I couldn't already make myself, but better.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Ouch...

Melee suddenly looks really nasty...

I am curious how a magic kill-cam works, considering its not exactly a finishing-move thing; it takes time to kill, same with archery.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Um, cool?
I suppose with such a strong modding community, update changes are strange. You don't really want to stop the point of certain mods in existing (cough WoW being cannibalistic).
You get strange updates like this with features someone would be unlikely to mod in.

I must admit I dislike the switch from 1st person to 3rd person for kill shots. It's very distracting and disorientating. Can't we have first person kill cams? I know we won't see much but I'd prefer that over suddenly jumping into the 3rd person like in a dream.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I do likes me some kill cams, but is that all? Are we relying on the modding community for more content? I'm not complaining, but I expected more from the update.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The7Sins said:
DustyDrB said:
No. They are a large immersion breaker that can cause me to suffer deaths because of taking me out of focus. I picked a mage build to in part not have to deal with the killcams. But Bethesda has sadly changed the game on me. This + the Smithing change means I will not touch Skyrim until they either have an option to turn off killcams or there is a Mod to remove them and wait until there is a Mod to bring Smithing back to how it was.
Eh...I definitely don't feel that strongly about it. I'm pretty sure you can turn the kill cams off. And combat is easy in Skyrim even on Super Hard (whatever they call the top tier difficulty).

The Smithing change is much needed. The make 1,000 iron daggers to level up quickly was a joke. It was an exploit that they obviously overlooked before release. You can still do that, but you'll just have to have better minerals to work with now. I think it adds some potential roleplaying depth. A craftsman needs to move on to better things at some point.

Still, these are hardly "ruined forever" types of changes. Though I admit I'm not that in to Skyrim.

KLJT

Sep 15, 2010
Elmoth said:
It's just sad to see Bethesda try so hard and yet just not reach the not even that high standard, set by Obsidian's New Vegas. Well we haven't seen their DLC yet, so there's still a chance. I hope that they stop marketing their patches as if that's were all their content'll be. I would like dlc to improve the game and well written DLC like new vegas.
New Vegas's DLC was awful the only ones worth buying were Old World Blues and Honest Hearts and don't even mention the fact all the characters back story was only in the DLC