Trailers: The Witcher 2: Living World

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Watch in the video at the number of people wearing hotpants. Must be quite the social life in that town!

shaderkul

Apr 19, 2009
Looking good. I got myself the Original Witcher: Enhanced Edition and I must say, after a few teething problems, it got really good. Good RPG.
They are smart to release this one before Skyrim tho. ;)

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
this seems to be the best living world i have seen since gothic 2.
I just hope they release the console version well before or after skyrim so that all you consoleros will not have to choose between two gems(for the sake of argument i just assume that skyrim won't be shit)

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Nincompoop said:
I'm more excited by the new radient AI in Skyrim.
I'm really looking forward to Witcher 2, but I doubt Bethesda could make a rewarding RPG. Bethesda's games suck in so much time, but give nothing in return. Witcher, on the other hand, felt like a good book, with influential and nuanced choices forcing you to care and think about the world.

Moffman

May 21, 2009
The butcher cuts meat and the fisherman fish? hurpy durpy doo, that sounds waaaay to far fetched for me! Usually butchers build houses and the fisherman forge the steel :p

proctorninja2

a single man with a sword
Jun 5, 2010
Merkavar said:
proctorninja2 said:
looks really cool but still no dice for me
so you dont like games with good gameplay, story, lore, graphics and combat?

but OT i have heard this living world claim before and it was shallow and lame.

but nothing in that video dampened my enthusism for the game.
on the contrary, i like games with a story and good combat as far as graphics go i could care less but im picky with my story based games and it just dosnt appeal to me like other games like Fallout NV (i liked it even with its faults) though i like the way it is maybe if its on sale i might pick it up

Disthron

Aug 19, 2009
Game world features we haven't seen since Ultima 7 and Oblivian! XD

Seriously though this game is looking really good. I wish more RPG's would take the time to create a living world. I don't know of many RPG's that even try this perhaps they think it's too difficult to pull off. Some one commented above on how they will wait for a ?real? RPG. I'm not sure what he's talking about though.

PS there is a special pre-order deal if you buy it at "Good Old Games" and better yet, there is no DRM on a GoG version.

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
OH WOW I LOVE OBLIVION!

wait a minute...

Ok in all seriousness this looks much better than the first, I just wish the devs would delve a little deeper into making the world feel 'alive' than matching pretty much exactly what oblivion did and what Skyrim will probably do better.

For instance, take the fisherman the narrator was talking about, repairing nets etc etc...
true the npc was fixing nets and that's all very immersive,but I bet the nets already hung up won't change shape, size or position, neither will the strung up pig in the butcher's, or the forge fire (which is as simple as turning the fire effect on or off).

Maxim's Spore already showed us that randomly generated models and worlds weren't impossible, and I refuse to believe that a system like it couldn't be woven into an RPG to make the game world ACTUALLY change over time.

Anyone else share my feelings?

Emergent System

Feb 27, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
That looked brilliant. It reminded me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R how good those interactions were. However, STALKER is still the best for showing off a persistent world.
You mean the best... SO FAR! (dun-dun-dunnn)