Trailers: Tokyo Jungle - Release Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Tokyo Jungle - Release Trailer

Tokyo's zoo should have splurged on some sort of cage technology.

Watch Video

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmm, interesting idea I guess, but from the way it looks it's pretty much an animal based brawler.

Also one thing that occured to me when watching that is that the animals that are best at surviving aren't usually the strong ones. The humble cockroach or mice would probably not even notice humans being missing. Of course that wouldn't be very exciting I guess. Just an academic point, since the thrill seems to be in playing say a 300 pound bear or whatever and rampaging down the abandoned streets, or say swarming enmies with killer pirahna chicks or whatever. ;)

I'll probably pass on this one unless I hear more about it and it somehow manages to impress me. For some odd reason I thought of the old "Brutal" series of Anthromorphic fighters, and I was never a big fan.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Did I just see two chicken killing a bear??? Looks like an interesting concept. Here's hoping the gameplay holds up.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
the 2 dogs mounting each other made me laugh. also its time for the chickens to rise up and kill the lions.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Therumancer said:
Hmm, interesting idea I guess, but from the way it looks it's pretty much an animal based brawler.

I thought of the old "Brutal" series of Anthromorphic fighters, and I was never a big fan.
You mean Bloody Roar?

That game series was pretty great for a tekken style beat em' up.

This game looks... interesting at best.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
CharrHearted said:
Therumancer said:

I thought of the old "Brutal" series of Anthromorphic fighters, and I was never a big fan.
You mean Bloody Roar?

That game series was pretty great for a tekken style beat em' up.

This game looks... interesting at best.
No, I believe they were called "Brutal: Paws Of Fury" and "Brutal: Above The Claw" or something like that. Bloody Roar was a differant franchise entirely.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I'm really excited for this game. It needs to come out faster.

I dunno if it's actually going to be any good or not, it looks like it could go either way.

But it certainly seems interesting, and at the very least this strikes me as one of those games where you can have a LOT of fun just cracking jokes with friends on the couch.

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
The concept is insane enough that it just might work. It seems the smaller less powerful animals get to utilize air-ducts and stuff to avoid confronting the larger animals, and there is a scavanging race for the left-over food supplies in city.

I'll be keeping my eyes on this one.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
"Humans mysteriously vanish from Tokyo" kinda sounds like "We couldn't think of a creative enough way to intrigue people to our game, that may interest people more THOUGH, judging by 28 Days Later with the zombies gone?" And why doesn't anyone care that Tokyo has been taken over? Away from that, the game play kinda looks like it's gone back a generation in gaming... That's saddening...

If it's free on PS+ I may download it. For the concept and new kind of 'Kittenz' and 'Dogz' PS3 version of Nintendo's, yeah... I can see myself playing this. But if it wasn't for the mating and gore parts, I could see my 11 year-old sister playing this. And only her.

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I wonder if the crabs get a power-up that lets them throw vending machines.
And what that dog dressed as?
He's a Tosa Inu (inu = dog); they're an old fighting breed from Japan. Kept by the wealthy and held in high regard as fighters and guard dogs. Their fights are regarded as sumo for dogs and I think the costume has some ties to Shinto (Japan's native religion). They weigh about 60 - 80lbs.

http://www.tosabrasil.com/KIKKAWA/Tosa-Inu_en_files/Tosa.book.doc202.jpg