Trailers: Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots - Debut Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots - Debut Trailer

Where the government fails these guys step in.

Watch Video

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
HELL...YES!

You have no idea how much I love Rainbow Six.
Terrorist hunt is the best co-op experience I've ever had, it's just so intense. I really hope they bring it back.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Fox news is going to have a freak out about this game. I'm amazed they didn't after the target footage was released.

Personally, I'm fairly interested. The subject matter could be done right and make this and interesting stand out among the dime-a-dozen shooters.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
So that means we can hunt and kill investment fond managers and venture capitalists? I'd buy that game in a heartbeat.

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
See, they don't really look like the kind of terrorists they're trying to be. They look like failed politicians that decided to use a movement to put themselves in power. Or just...go business-suit-Punisher. Which is weird.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Pretty creative murder there.

When the government fails, only highly trained murderers will save us?

What if you need a library built or the movement of food and dairy to those in need?

Here come the heroes to save the daaaay, with a limited skill set in violence and demolitions.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Umm I think you guys are assuming you're playing the guys that stormed that office. You won't be, you'll be doing something, I HOPE, more interesting. You're going to be protecting the government from their people, and that just opens up a whole host of fascinating possibilities for story telling as well as action. My fear is that they're just going to label those people loons and keep the story simple when it should be gut wrenching difficult choices. There is a gameplay trailer out already... or something like it.
Also on top of that you got Rainbow Six which isn't actually under the command of the United States, it takes orders from NATO. So for the Six team to be there the government would have to have asked for them to come as is the case for any country they go to. Which means you're going to have foreign nationals firing on US citizens at their request. Anyway here's the second trailer it's even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpyrzD4QNgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSQ7-jL9c6I

EDIT: There is another new one out, neat

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
I really want them to bring back the planning portions of these games, rather than the on-the-fly squad commands they switched to.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
So, theese guys kill a capitalistic pig. On the surface, i don't see a problem there.

But:
They kill a capitalistic pig by throwing him on the street with explosives attached, destroying AT LEAST (i counted) 10 cars and killing 10 (only drivers)- 40 (10 full cars) innocent people.

So, as a german i have to ask:
Is this collateral damage or stupidity by the guys making (and/or buying) such a game or am i just not patriotic enough to understand this game (understandable, because i'm not american) ?

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
I would also hope that the story is a little more interesting and realistic than it was in Vegas. The terrorists were so bloody generic and mustache-twirlingly evil. I appreciate not having to gun down another 400 Bin Ladin clones from Generikistan, but you need to put some effort in their motivations. A hideously costly all-out invasion with more terrorists than some nations have soldiers, in which you use up your only prototype WMD all so you can capture more of those exact WMDs you already had?

I fear that if they do put some effort into the narritive, Fox news is going to ***** about non-US troops from Rainbow are shooting at Tea-party styled terrorists, never mind the thousands of russians we gun down in other games.

But lets face it, Raven shield was the last actual Rainbow Six games. The vegas games weren't bad (Lockdown totally was though), but they had little to do with the Rainbow Six titles. In the old games, you were actually an anti-terrorist unit, called in to assault a small group of dangerous criminals or terrorists in an open location with multiple routes, extract any hostages and get out. In the new games you're a team of rambo's that just wades through a linear collection of nigh-endless enemy spawn points. Somehow, I doubt Ubisoft is going to change that back.

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
As someone who loved the original Rainbow 6 on the N64 and playing R6: 3 Athena Sword on steam regulary, i can't wait.

geier said:
Is this collateral damage or stupidity by the guys making (and/or buying) such a game or am i just not patiotic enough to understand this game (understandable, because i'm not american) ?
It was mostly done for shock response by the press, at least that is what i presume.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
geier said:
So, theese guys kill a capitalistic pig. On the surface, i don't see a problem there.

But:
They kill a capitalistic pig by throwing him on the street with explosives attached, destroying AT LEAST (i counted) 10 cars and killing 10 (only drivers)- 40 (10 full cars) innocent people.

Is this collateral damage or stupidity by the guys making (and/or buying) such a game or am i just not patriotic enough to understand this game (understandable, because i'm not american) ?
It was probably done more for shock value, but you'd be surprised with the extremes to which people will go to, and how they rationalize it, in the name of "patriotism", which is hardly exclusive to America.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I give it a 9 for a creative death. Still, haven't seen a Rainbow Six game in ages; this could be good.

Battenbergcake

Oct 4, 2009
Zetatrain said:
geier said:

But:

It was probably done more for shock value, but you'd be surprised with the extremes to which people will go to, and how they rationalize it, in the name of "patriotism", which is hardly exclusive to America.
Please note the american flag worked into the sub-title.

Concering original post now.

Uh... 3 things.

Who are the good guy?
Have Rainbow become contracted killers?
Patriots? Rainbow is an international organisation and this has a distinctly american vibe.
*shrug*

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I say old chap said:

What if you need a library built or the movement of food and dairy to those in need?

Here come the heroes to save the daaaay, with a limited skill set in violence and demolitions.
Heh, I thought that too. Also, doesn'y say who is doing the saving, and which side relative to them you are on.

Battenbergcake said:
Patriots? Rainbow is an international organisation and this has a distinctly american vibe.
That's a point, yeah. Maybe the US has conquered the rest of the world so everyone's a citizen now?

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
Release is 2013, whats with all the R6 trailers lately? Testing the public echo to the brutality shown? Oh Ubisoft how low can you go?

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
thaluikhain said:
I say old chap said:

Heh, I thought that too. Also, doesn'y say who is doing the saving, and which side relative to them you are on.

Battenbergcake said:
That's a point, yeah. Maybe the US has conquered the rest of the world so everyone's a citizen now?
Amerikka forever!

I'd really like a rainbow campaign game where I could be the terrorists. Plot changes partially based on how well your terrorist group does. Do you get blitzed, hold out and die well, win? Campaign moves forward from there.

Make the rainbows damn good, but possible to trap and outwit. Jump perspective between all your terrorist mooks, with some being awful shots and quite anxious to others being cold killers. An evolution of the tower defence game, in third person?

Yep yep yep yep yep, uhuh, uhuh.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I say old chap said:
I'd really like a rainbow campaign game where I could be the terrorists. Plot changes partially based on how well your terrorist group does. Do you get blitzed, hold out and die well, win? Campaign moves forward from there.

Make the rainbows damn good, but possible to trap and outwit. Jump perspective between all your terrorist mooks, with some being awful shots and quite anxious to others being cold killers. An evolution of the tower defence game, in third person?
Yeah, would be nice to play defence for once.

Mind you, I'd just always stick everyone watching a few bottlenecks from various different angles, and/or stick heaps of terrorists in with the hostages, because you could easily make things borderline impossible for Rainbow.