Trailers: Tomb Raider: Turning Point

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Tomb Raider: Turning Point

On the brink of death, a new adventurer finds strength to fight for survival.

Watch Video

AmbitiousWorm

I'm going to leave this blank.
Dec 2, 2010
Her shirt was blue, wasn't it? Pretty amazing what CG looks like now. Also that is the only Tomb Raider that I think looks interesting.

Sweet avatar tycho.

SilentP

Jun 2, 2011
I was intrigued when I heard about this project about half a year ago, and this trailer has definitely hooked me into this. Can't wait to see how this reboot turns out.

Ishiro32

Mar 28, 2011
This CG looks great... But it looks a bit like CG from Final fantasy. Her face especially.
Who pulled her out? Because some dudes hand pulled her out and after that he vanished, that was weird. I also think they could really try make Lara more like Indiana Jones in skirt which doesn't need help twice during 3 minutes trailer. They shouldn't make her act like male thought, that would be stupid.
But trailer is intresting and fresh and i will keep an eye on that one.

Interscene

Mar 23, 2009
If Tomb Raider was an RPG with an emphsise on strong plot and character development this trailer would be fantastic.

Since its an adventure/platformer with a history of utterly linear progression through largely copy/pasted levels with copy/pasted hostile animals and is the very definition of stemyed game development and timewarped concepts, this trailer is a piece of CGI puffery and does nothing to qualify this new game as 'exciting.'

The plots of the last few tomb raider games have been contrived to the point of being ludicrous, which is the least of its failings since the games themselves have always been very poor. Rebooting the franchise - again - and rejuving Lara down to age 16 and getting her to flash her bra-strap might actually be an interesting (if creepy) forward step. But until I see them throwing in some new gameplay... Maybe if they took this new route litterally and took it down a survival horror puzzle game angle, they might be truely taking a new step forwards.

Sadly though, it looks like they're going for a mix of Far Cry and LOST. Frankly, even First Person Shooter Far Cry was a better realised visual spectacle of a strange pacific island surrounded by the rusting and crumbling ghosts of war than the last four Tomb Raiders.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
This looks awesome. But as others have said...gameplay please...want to see :>

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I tried several of the previous installments and couldn't stomach playing any of them for more than two hours.
That said, this reboot intrigues me. Good trailer.
Now to wait for the first bits of gameplay footage.