Trailers: Torchlight 2 - Cinematic Trailer

Sep 17, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Nautical Honors Society said:
The open beta is not really what the game is going to be like...it was kinda a segmented demo-thing they let us play to test their servers.

You shouldn't judge a game that isn't out yet.
Somethings will change, I'm sure. I don't doubt Blizzard's servers will be pretty strong. You can't run the world's most popular MMO without knowing something about server stability. However, if they bring their servers down for maintenance (Which happens) you can't play your single player game. That's bullshit.

If you have a shitty net connection, your game WILL lag. Even when playing alone. The game you've installed on your PC, is still, in effect, running off their servers. Shitty internet? Shitty game. That won't change. That's bullshit.

Both those things are pretty big deal breakers. If I wanted an MMO, I'd buy one.

Beyond the fact that the combat is so limited. I was playing as a wizard, and as far as I can tell: you can't even use your weapon. The weapon stats are linked to your default attack, but you don't actually swing the weapon. That's freaking retarded. Even the Sorceress in Diablo 2 could split some skulls with her staff if the need arose. Now I get to lug around a big sword, but never ever use it.

All that on top of some serious gameplay changes to the series that aren't inherently bad, but that I personally don't like.

The game was sorta fun, sure, but am I going to pay $60 for that 'always connected' mess?
Eff no. Torchlight 2 has multiplayer, MODs (Which Diablo 3 does NOT have), LAN support, huge single player, deep skill trees, no DRM, and it's $20.

I love the Diablo series. I have been playing since the first one came out. I was there to see the Monk's debut in the 'unofficial' Hellfire Expansion. I killed Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto. I love the shit of the series. But that love can't get over the fact that this game is a mess.

It's an eff-you to fans and paying customers, and it's an absolute pass.
While I disagree, I am impressed by your well stated argument. Good day sir!