Trailers: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - E3 Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - E3 Trailer

More than meets the eye, or would you prefer Stan Bush?

Watch Video

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Okay okay, I admit: that was pretty awesome. I hope we get a pc release at some point.

(Of all the cues to take from the movies, I guess playing emo music during a slo-mo battle isn't the worst.)

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I'm throwing money at the screen and nothing is happening!
I couldn't help but yell out "Metroplex!" when he started transforming. While I want to see gameplay, these cinematic trailers are pretty cool.
I'd almost forgotten about Fall, but I'm glad it's back on my radar now.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
F-I-D-O said:
I'm throwing money at the screen and nothing is happening!
I couldn't help but yell out "Metroplex!" when he started transforming. While I want to see gameplay, these cinematic trailers are pretty cool.
I'd almost forgotten about Fall, but I'm glad it's back on my radar now.

There's your gameplay ;)

Also there are a few of the 1986 movie easter eggs in this game, a video shows Kickback (an Insecticon) running away from Grimlock, a door falling on him, Slag (or Slug) Walks over it and says "Excuse me" xD

OT: Never have i been so hyped for a game in my life, Honestly can not wait.

August the 28th can't come fat enough!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
flying_whimsy said:
Okay okay, I admit: that was pretty awesome. I hope we get a pc release at some point.

(Of all the cues to take from the movies, I guess playing emo music during a slo-mo battle isn't the worst.)
You will get a PC release, at first Highmoon weren't planning one, but because of the number of fans that requested it, with the help of Infinity Ward, a PC version is coming...

They let people know in the most amusing way xD

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Okay so someone explain a couple of things to me. Firstly, what was it that drove Megatron to be "evil"? I've been reading the Lucifer comics and it almost feels like Optimus and Megatron are like Lucifer and Michael, two brothers who were created (for whatever purpose) and one questioned...stuff and became "evil" so a big huge war started and the two brothers were on either side of the war against each other. So why did Megatron become "evil"? Second, who was the giant Transformer and when he said "last of the primes" what does that mean? I thought Optimus "Prime" was his name, not a title. I'm so confused

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
arc1991 said:
awesome, thanks for the heads up. That is pretty cute. Now I'm sort of picturing laserbeak getting used for all sorts of things. "Laserbeak: operation open pickle jar."

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
arc1991 said:
flying_whimsy said:

You will get a PC release, at first Highmoon weren't planning one, but because of the number of fans that requested it, with the help of Infinity Ward, a PC version is coming...

SQUEEEEE!

I'm glad that they are having a PC release.
If Metroplex is anything like Omega Supreme I will be both overjoyed and freaking out at the same time.

UncagedDuchess

Nov 7, 2011
It wasn't until this moment that I realized how much I NEED this in my life. And please excuse the fan-girl squeal: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ed130 said:
arc1991 said:
flying_whimsy said:

SQUEEEEE!

I'm glad that they are having a PC release.
If Metroplex is anything like Omega Supreme I will be both overjoyed and freaking out at the same time.
Well looking at Metroplex in-game, he is like, double, maybe even triple the size of Omega Supreme. i hope he ends up being a boss battle for the Decepticons though xD

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
arc1991 said:
-snip-
Well looking at Metroplex in-game, he is like, double, maybe even triple the size of Omega Supreme. i hope he ends up being a boss battle for the Decepticons though xD
Exactly. The amount of dakka needed to take down Omega Supreme in the final Decepticon levels... And he only reaches knee height compared to Metroplex?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ed130 said:
arc1991 said:
-snip-
Exactly. The amount of dakka needed to take down Omega Supreme in the final Decepticon levels... And he only reaches knee height compared to Metroplex?
To bad his G1 rival, Trypticon was only the same size as Omega Supreme in War For Cybertron, it would of been great to see both Metroplex and Trypticon having a huge scrap.

Having said that, i wonder if Trypticon survived.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Okay so someone explain a couple of things to me. Firstly, what was it that drove Megatron to be "evil"? I've been reading the Lucifer comics and it almost feels like Optimus and Megatron are like Lucifer and Michael, two brothers who were created (for whatever purpose) and one questioned...stuff and became "evil" so a big huge war started and the two brothers were on either side of the war against each other. So why did Megatron become "evil"? Second, who was the giant Transformer and when he said "last of the primes" what does that mean? I thought Optimus "Prime" was his name, not a title. I'm so confused
Well like most long running franchises, there isn't really a definitive origin. But most continuity's have Megatron as a successful gladiator who gain popularity, who then used it to become some sort of political revolutionist. The why tends to change but the actions he proposes are violent and extreme. His ideals are usually something along the lines of "The strong survive, the weak perish". The Cybertronian's either support or protest Megatron which leads to the Decepticon/Autobot split and the Great War. Again his relation with Prime does change between iterations, mentor/friends/rivals, but your analogy seems fairly accurate, although I don't know if there is any connection between their creation.

The giant Transformer is Metroplex, whose alternate form is a city. The Primes were the first 13 Transformers created by a being Primus. So the Transformers derived Prime, the rank for highest distinction from their original ancestors. I do believe Prime being a rank instead of part of his was a retcon at some point during the original cartoon so it's a common misunderstanding.

Why he is the last Prime I'm not sure, maybe it'll be explained in game or maybe the games have a slightly different meaning for Prime. Like I said, it differs in each incarnation. For example Prime is a fairly low rank in Transformers Animated which a few characters share.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Maybe "Last Prime" refers to the latest Prime.

Omega's counterpart was Devastator. Wasn't Trypticon one of Cybertron's moons in the game? I think Trypticon did survive, he'll need a little body work to buff out the scratches and dents tho.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
008Zulu said:
Maybe "Last Prime" refers to the latest Prime.

Omega's counterpart was Devastator. Wasn't Trypticon one of Cybertron's moons in the game? I think Trypticon did survive, he'll need a little body work to buff out the scratches and dents tho.
No no, in War For Cybertron, the council of Elders even said the Optimus was the Last Prime :p So Metroplex is heading call of the last prime :p

And in the G1 cartoons, Metroplex was rivals with Trypticon, like Superion and Menasor, Bruticus and the Defensor, Computron and Abominus, I think Devastator had a grudge with the Dinobots. And then there was Predaking with no equal :p

And i think he did as well, there's concept art of an Autobot transport, and it looked likes a damaged Trypticon is on the back.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
I thought the prime title Was given when an autobot had the autobot matrix of leadership in them i.e Optimus prime and rodimus prime this is based on the g1 cartoon

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
arc1991 said:
No no, in War For Cybertron, the council of Elders even said the Optimus was the Last Prime :p So Metroplex is heading call of the last prime :p

And in the G1 cartoons, Metroplex was rivals with Trypticon, like Superion and Menasor, Bruticus and the Defensor, Computron and Abominus, I think Devastator had a grudge with the Dinobots. And then there was Predaking with no equal :p

And i think he did as well, there's concept art of an Autobot transport, and it looked likes a damaged Trypticon is on the back.
If I recall the comics right, Trypticon was originally the size of Omega Supreme. The Decepticon's "City Class" robot was Scorponok. I think, I remember him being huge. On second thought, I am not sure they even had one.

I would like to see them recreate Unicron's assault on Cybertron for a game.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
008Zulu said:
arc1991 said:

If I recall the comics right, Trypticon was originally the size of Omega Supreme. The Decepticon's "City Class" robot was Scorponok. I think, I remember him being huge. On second thought, I am not sure they even had one.

I would like to see them recreate Unicron's assault on Cybertron for a game.
Trypticon also had a city form, in the comics he may of been Omega's height, but in the G1 he was rivals with Metroplex. Also, cartoon Scorponock was rivals with Fortress Maximus. But again, that's in the cartoon, not the Comics.

Then again, i don't know much about the comic lore and what happens in them, just the cartoon stuff and what i heard in them (G1, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, a bit of Animated and Prime.)