Trailers: TRON: Evolution - History

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
TRON: Evolution - History

How the original TRON motion picture paved the way for the game?s modern look and aesthetics.

Watch Video

dead_but_smiling

Apr 14, 2009
Hm, not bad but for some reason the graphics in the game seem less fluid than the ones in the movie ;-)

In other words - I'll stick to the movie and probably skip the game.

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
It looks "meh" to me. There really wasn't a lot of game-play shown in this to make a yes or no decision. I am optimistic about the movie but it is Disney making it. So, we will see how it goes with that. The game probably will not be purchased by me.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Yeah ... looks alright
Hopefully the movie will be good, and I might check this out anyway.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I am so excited for this game and the movie. I just hope neither of them suck, because rarely are sequels great, and more rare is the great video game based on the movie.

Charley

Apr 12, 2008
...Who precisely is it that's demanding they "better" get things right?

Does Tron actually have that kind of following? I'd ask why I've never see these people, but I assume "mom's" and "basement" will spring up a lot.

Sadly it looks like a tidily-stylised standard fare action game.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
From what I saw of it, the Combat and the cutscenes seem a little...meh? But the Like Cycle and the graphics look awesome. Will it be enough to warrant a buy? Probably not, but this is only a small trailer. Who knows. Maybe it'll turn out to be above average.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Agree with previous posters; it looked decidedly "meh" to me. Which was especially puzzling considering that the developers were banging on about how they loved the film and wanted to make sure they got the light cycles and identity discs right (not "light disc").

For example: We see some racing and combat scenes in which there are some explosions. Problem: These explosions look like explosions you'd find in any other game, except they're colored blue and white. I'm sorry, I thought I was inside a computer -- an alien environment where different rules applied. Why am I seeing a burst of energy? Why am I not seeing a burst of bits -- little cubes or other polyhedra gradually decaying into white noise?

Oh, and why are things exploding and not de-rezzing? You don't shoot at the tank until it explodes; you shoot at the tank [em]program[/em] until it [em]crashes[/em]. Then the operating system reclaims the resources, and the remains of the tank program de-rezzes.

Color me skeptical...

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
Charley said:
...Who precisely is it that's demanding they "better" get things right?

Does Tron actually have that kind of following? I'd ask why I've never see these people, but I assume "mom's" and "basement" will spring up a lot.

Sadly it looks like a tidily-stylised standard fare action game.
Who doesn't know that Tron has a cult following? I'd ask why I've never seen these people, but I assume "mom's" and "basement" will spring up a lot.

Ok all jest aside, I have never gotten into Tron. I haven't actually watched the movie without getting bored or falling asleep yet (watching it at bad times or with the wrong people usually being the culprit)and have played one of the most recent games (FPS on the computer) and still haven't been able to get interested in it.

However, I do know plenty of people who are Tron fans. Some of them may not be interested in the game, but all of them really hope the movie doesn't blow.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
"We work with computers all the time, and just the idea that there's a fantasy universe in things that we hold in our pockets is pretty enticing."

Yeah, that's a fantastic idea. I wonder who came up with that before? Hmmm... y'know, I can't think of it. Oh well, maybe it's time the concept got, I don't know, a Reboot.

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
Tron = Awesome.

Tron game + Disney Interactive + Produced in line with new movie = Concern

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Couldn't they have picked a better release date? It's going to compete with WoW:Cata. That's just a bad idea.

B2kCyclops

Apr 28, 2010
Basically this:
Sheinen said:
Tron = Awesome.

Tron game + Disney Interactive + Produced in line with new movie = Concern
And I fear they will make it "more realistic" aka griddy and dirty looking, wich would be just horribly wrong.
Just imagine digital dirt on your digital body... like 0.5's in the binarry system, or what?