Trailers: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Marlowe Intro

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Marlowe Intro

A sneak peak into one of Uncharted 3: Drake's Decepection's in-game cutscenes.

Watch Video

Dec 14, 2009
I've said it once and I'll say it again...

Game is looking good though, Uncharted 2 is the best looking game I've ever seen, the lushest plants, the most realistic textures. The 3rd should be brilliant.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

Game is looking good though, Uncharted 2 is the best looking game I've ever seen, the lushest plants, the most realistic textures. The 3rd should be brilliant.
Yeah, but we make the best villans! It's either that or Nazis or Russians and frankly, I'm sick of Nazis and Russians.

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
Oh come on! Seriously? Seriously?!
You know, this wouldn't be as bad if they had more 'British' accents then Cockney and Posh.
Agreed. I think America honestly believes that we all speak Cockney unless we're educated and then we just sound posh...

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Lot's of room for improvement, based on this one small clip.

But still......This has made me want to play the game and get wrapped up in the story even more.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
You know, this wouldn't be as bad if they had more 'British' accents then Cockney and Posh.
Agreed. I think America honestly believes that we all speak Cockney unless we're educated and then we just sound posh...
Yes. Yes we do.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Ok, out of context. What was all that about?
HankMan said:
Wow I'm surprised grandma actually used the word 'shit'. I expect a certain amount of sophistication from Posh British villains.
Can't really say much about the game based on that one clip. Animation looks... alright and we've ID'd the villain but not much else.
Proverbial Jon said:
You mean there are more? O.O
Yeah sure! There's the Australian/English accent made popular by Dick Van Dyke in the Mary Poppins movie.

There's also whatever accent that Sean Connery always uses.

....that's it.

Chameliondude

Jul 21, 2009
I dont really care how ham fisted they make the accents, there american, its bound to be laughable from the point of view of anyone in the UK as i think americans have been fooled into thinking we are all posh or cockneys from the 1800. Just like we have been lead to believe that americans are all overweight religeous loonies, which im sure is also a steriotype blown out of all proportion.

Itll be good as long as we get a stroll around some nice british landmarks for a change, im fairly bored of the whole middle east and russia senarios now, and remembering resistance 1, it makes for great and varied maps. And with the milenia of druidic, celtic, nordic, roman, anglosaxon, spanish, french and german history, theres alot to work with story wise.

Nb: It is true that british people love tea though, its awesome.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

Yes, we make good villains.

But by god, we make the best smooth talking goddamn heroes on Earth.

Why does Nathan Drake keep looking more and more like Colin Farrell?

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
My first reaction to the British bad guys was "really? And the dialogue is like that? It's just like a typical Hollywood movie with those stereotypes" and then remembered that this is Uncharted we're talking about, and cheesy Hollywood movie is its whole thing.
I think it's about time Drake ran into a bad American though, it's starting to look like he just goes to foreign countries and looks for an an excuse to commit genocide.

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
Wow, the graphics look great, the cutscenes are action-packed, and the dialogue is amazing. Who woulda thunk it?

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
I agree with the British woman. Drake's a cocky little shit. I get that it's his character, but that doesn't not make me want to beat him repeatedly over the head with a tire-iron.