Trailers: Wipeout 2048 - Intro Trailer

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While the trailer was cool but they only spend a couple of seconds on the actual Wipe Out race itself or is the new game really involce different races in different time periods?

Abbo

Jan 20, 2012
Meh boring intro, the intro of the first game was really eye and earcandy for it's time though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0LrDUGZ5E&feature=related

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Abbo said:
Meh boring intro, the intro of the first game was really eye and earcandy for it's time though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0LrDUGZ5E&feature=related
My favourite racer ever, and probably the only intro I'd never skip when starting a game up.

Though nothing beats the intro from Wipeout Fusion...

OT: Nice to see Wipeout still going, though I'll always think of it as a definitively 90s game series.

Kevo32A

Jun 2, 2011
So far this is the game most likely to make me get a vita. not sure if that's enough by itself though...

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
As much as I absolutely adore Wipeout, I don't know if it's worth getting a Vita just for this (okay, and Uncharted too). I'll wait to see what other games are coming out for the Vita, and if they look just as good, I'll consider it then.

And I want that Feisar car. For real.

Utrechet

Oct 14, 2010
Andronicus said:
As much as I absolutely adore Wipeout, I don't know if it's worth getting a Vita just for this (okay, and Uncharted too). I'll wait to see what other games are coming out for the Vita, and if they look just as good, I'll consider it then.

I used to race as Feisar when I first started playing Wipeout HD. It actually got me all the way to Phantom before I couldn't handle the speed anymore. I stuck with Traikis (I probably spelled this wrong) and the Zone car (oddly enough) to get me through the Phantom levels <3

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Aww man I haven't played whipeout since '97.

Gonna keep my eye on this one.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
AHMAGAWD!!!!!

I need this game.
this is the exact reason i bought a psp. i will definitely buy a vita just for wipeout it's worth it for the 2+ years ill spend on the thing
seriously, i love me some wipeout ThAt much.

back in a week.. i have to train on pure!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Utrechet said:
Andronicus said:

I used to race as Feisar when I first started playing Wipeout HD. It actually got me all the way to Phantom before I couldn't handle the speed anymore. I stuck with Traikis (I probably spelled this wrong) and the Zone car (oddly enough) to get me through the Phantom levels <3
It's Triakis. They originate from Australia, so I should know :)

And it's team Harimau for me, all the way!

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Man, those sci-fi cars look awesome :p

It will be interesting to see what they put in this game. They seem to just keep getting better.
Fusion is still my favourite though, but thats just the nostalgia talking :)

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Looks really interesting, but no more PSP games for me. I heard that the Vita is not backwards compatible. Including my belief that games no longer shoot for content and story but graphics. Nothing against it, but I feel that it's an area that is being overcooked.

Plus my experience with really good, solid trailers mean the game will disappoint me in the end.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Even though 90% of the trailer has nothing to do with the game itself... the trailer was awesome! Anyone else wishing for a WipeOut 2025?

<youtube=hrMZVrwJLzw>