Transformers 4 Will Star New Transformers

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
The problem is Michael 'Explosionsaresexy' Bay. If a film insults my inteligence at least make it funny.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Im not sure how I feel about Hasbro at the mo...

By embracing the fan base and keeping the eps easily accesable on sites like Youtube theyve created alot of good will, at least with me.

But then theres this... *sigh* I suppose it couldn't get any worse and he did say less humans... don't know if I trust him.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Wicky_42 said:
Legion said:
The Human Torch said:
Maybe this has to do with the fact that if you already launched a Transformers action figure two times prior for each movie, most kids will already OWN an Optimus Prime figure and will want something else. No matter how good/bad your movies are, not many kids will buy the same action figure twice.
Good job I scrolled up before pressing post, you said exactly what I did.

Although if this is the kind of logic that leads to them creating new characters, just to sell some toys (as opposed to making the actual film good) then it's an idiotic idea.

At any rate:

You know, it wasn't until you posted that picture, I'd never really properly understood the complaints about the bayformers' aesthetic... after actually looking at those two for a minute it's pretty obvious what a fucking mess the designs are - just a jumble of polygons with no cohesion, rhythm or style. Impressive to be able to fuck up giant robots right from the get-go - who on the design team looked at these and went "yeah, that looks awesome!" ?
I was not actually bothered by the aesthetic (although the recent games show how much better they could be), I was more bothered by their annoying behaviour. They are supposed to be a part of a technologically advanced race, but they are a pair of blundering idiots, purely included for supposed comic relief. They are the Jar Jar Binks of Transformers.

Evil Smurf said:
The problem is Michael 'Explosionsaresexy' Bay. If a film insults my inteligence at least make it funny.
I think that's the crucial issue. If you are going to make a popcorn flick with no ounce of intelligence then it still needs to be entertaining.

There was a certain element of humour in the first one, but the second and third it was just idiotic. The little robot leg humping, the giant robot having balls made from the demolition vehicle, the Section 7 guy always appearing in his underwear, it's just sad.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
loa said:
There are actually action figures of bay transformers, those new hilariously complicated looking things of which the villains are completely indiscernible?
Yup. I'm a Transformer collector, and I've got a few of em.

I think Thew (a Youtube Transformer reviewer) said it best, "Movie suck doesn't translate to plastic suck". Some of the toys from the three movies are actually pretty awesome. Granted, there's alot of crappy figures in there (I haven't seen a single version of Starscream that didn't make me want to burn it), but guys like Megatron and Shockwave got really awesome figures. Hell, the Optimus Prime from Revenge of the Fallen is one of the best Primes in my collection.

OT: While I can't say that the new Transformers movie is going to be GOOD, I can say that it'll probably be alot more tolerable without the humans. And it'll be nice to see a toyline that isn't full of nothing but Prime, Ratchet, and Bumblebee.

But a Stretch Armstrong movie? A Stretch-freaking-Armstrong movie?!

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Dryk said:
Wait... they were aiming these movies as kids?... what...
Of course, because we all know that the kiddies love to watch robots urinating on famous actors, robot leg humping, dogs humping, Fembot rape assassins and a plethora of endless unfunny sexual and racist jokes.

Who the hell were these movies made for again? Because it obviously wasn't for kids, or for the fans of the original for that matter. Has anyone at Hasbro even SEEN these movies?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I like how people are taking the tone that THIS is what will make the next film demonstrably shit, not the fact that they're all completely wank.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Space Jawa said:
If he's not present to begin with, I don't think the lack of Optimus in and of itself should be nearly the same kind of issue.
It'll still be an issue. As a kid I never saw the movie, being poor and in the boonies. For me one episode ended with Optimus and the next one started with Rodimus. I don't think I watched it much after that, though I don't remember why. Maybe it was because of the change, maybe it was because, well, Rodimus was kinda douchey.

(Much preferred Welker's Megatron voice over his Galvatron voice too.)

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
"Hasbro thinks the problem is that kids are just sick of Optimus Prime and co."
I stopped reading after that due to my eyes bursting into flames.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Heh, well at least if they switched over to Grimlock the terrible and awkward dialogue would sort of fit in an odd way.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
Mortuorum said:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Tank207 said:
Dryk said:
Wait... they were aiming these movies as kids?... what...
Of course, because we all know that the kiddies love to watch robots urinating on famous actors, robot leg humping, dogs humping, Fembot rape assassins and a plethora of endless unfunny sexual and racist jokes.

Who the hell were these movies made for again? Because it obviously wasn't for kids, or for the fans of the original for that matter. Has anyone at Hasbro even SEEN these movies?
Don't forget the giant robot scrotum in Revenge of the Fallen!

Also, these movies were made for people who fall into the category labeled "douche". The kind of people who enjoy looking at barely clothed 'babes', immature jokes and action scenes that could be replicated by emptying your cutlery drawer onto the ground an have an industrial lawn mower wreak havoc upon it.

You'd be surprised how large that target audience actually is.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
verindae said:
Ok seriously, if there's one thing you absolutely can't remove from transformers it's Optimus Prime. Remember the first Transformers movie back in 1986? Yeah not gonna help sales that.

Also of note, Peter Cullen has an awesome voice lol
The one that got rid of Optimus Prime in an attempt to sell more toys?

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
All together now folks! UUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Because that's what we need, no Optimus Prime! Remember that third season of G1 that replaced Optimus Prime with Rodimus? Remember how absolutely awful it was? Yeah, now add Michael Bay's abominations to all of this and we've got a cinema experience that's worse than a root canal without the painkillers.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
There will always be Optimus Prime, 1987 taught Hasbro that, but Considering three films across ten years saw the same damned versions of Bumblebee, ironhide, Ratchet, and Starscream... yeah.

the Beast Wars Line was successful because it was diverse, more so then the cartoon.

fortunately Fall of Cybertron gave of some good things, Like Insecticons and Dinobots. seriously don't just make Grimlock, make all five of them!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
From the sound of it, it could be like that current kiddy Transformers shows Recuse Bot but live action (well and removing their human partners).
Why do I get a feeling that these new Autobots are going to be very cartoony like? I mean I get the feeling the ultra detail designs that Bay went for wasn't aim for the kids in the first place.