Transformers movies

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
CoCage said:
Unlike some egotistical assholes on the Internet like Nostalgia Critic (most of Channel Awesome), Movie Bob or Chris Stuckmann, I won't go out of my way to insult people who enjoy or don't enjoy them. I see no point in throwing a ***** for people doing whatever they want with their time and money. Are there better movies out in the industry? Yes. Do they sometimes get overshadowed by blockbuster like Transfomrers, MCU, or DC? Yes. But I am not going to act like it's the end o
When has Nostalgia Critic and Chris Stuckmann ever insulted people who like these movies.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
What else? For the mindless action!

Granted I am speaking for the first film only as I disliked the the second and I still haven't seen the third despite loving the old cartoons!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
PapaGreg096 said:
CoCage said:
Unlike some egotistical assholes on the Internet like Nostalgia Critic (most of Channel Awesome), Movie Bob or Chris Stuckmann, I won't go out of my way to insult people who enjoy or don't enjoy them. I see no point in throwing a ***** for people doing whatever they want with their time and money. Are there better movies out in the industry? Yes. Do they sometimes get overshadowed by blockbuster like Transfomrers, MCU, or DC? Yes. But I am not going to act like it's the end o
When has Nostalgia Critic and Chris Stuckmann ever insulted people who like these movies.
It's been a long while with NC, because I have rarely touched any of his videos since 2013. He have jabs at audience who like Transformer films here and there, so I can't exactly remember. Though I do know likes insulting anybody, God forbid, for liking Adam Sandler (who I stopped caring for back in 2006) or Pokemon. Especially the latter. From what some people showed me, he goes on and on about how Pokemon is still a fad, despite that this "fad" as been going on for 21 years now. It's one thing to not like something, but it's another thing when you think you should decide people's taste, and think they're idiots for not hating shows or games you dislike.

Stuckmman wasn't as overt, but even in his Transformers reviews, he always had this "I'm better than you and everyone else in the theater attitude" for disliking a movie or liking a movie. See his review Purge: Anarchy, London Has Fallen, He acts flabbergasted and upset somebody in the audience liked the action in the movie. I thought the movie had some decent action, but nothing groundbreaking or amazing or his Rouge One "Analysis". I call his third look at Rouge One, one of the biggest self-serving, ***** fits I have ever seen. It's just him belittling or hating on anyone that liked Rogue One. That is why I tend to not bother with Internet film critics such as them. They some points, but they go out of their way to others intelligence for it.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
CoCage said:
PapaGreg096 said:
CoCage said:
It's been a long while with NC, because I have rarely touched any of his videos since 2013. He have jabs at audience who like Transformer films here and there, so I can't exactly remember. Though I do know likes insulting anybody, God forbid, for liking Adam Sandler (who I stopped caring for back in 2006) or Pokemon. Especially the latter. From what some people showed me, he goes on and on about how Pokemon is still a fad, despite that this "fad" as been going on for 21 years now. It's one thing to not like something, but it's another thing when you think you should decide people's taste, and think they're idiots for not hating shows or games you dislike.

Stuckmman wasn't as overt, but even in his Transformers reviews, he always had this "I'm better than you and everyone else in the theater attitude" for disliking a movie or liking a movie. See his review Purge: Anarchy, London Has Fallen, or his Rouge One "Analysis". I call his third look at Rouge One, one of the biggest self-serving, ***** fits I have ever seen. It's just him belittling or hating on anyone that liked Rogue One. That is why I tend to not bother with Internet film critics such as them. They some points, but they go out of their way to others intelligence for it.
You know critic is a comedian and a character right, and comedian do take jabs at people all the time hell look at Yahtzee he craps on anybody who likes military shooters. As for Chris he did say "that if you like it then fine"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
PapaGreg096 said:
You know critic is a comedian and a character right, and comedian do take jabs at people all the time hell look at Yahtzee he craps on anybody who likes military shooters. As for Chris he did say "that if you like it then fine"
No, that does not work as an excuse nor does it make them immune to criticism. It is problem when they Walker makes it his constant soap box ad nauseam, and never lets up. Additionally there are times with other reviews where does not do his research and act likes he knows everything. Plus his real life politics started getting in to his reviews; making them less fun and a chore to watch. Doug' skits got long winded, unfunny, and overly preachy. For example, in one of his movie reviews for Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights, he more or less implied Sandler fans should be killed. You know, the scene where he throws a grenade in to a room full of Sandler fans; all portrayed as drooling numskulls. That sad, and pathetic

As for Stuckmman adding the "that if you like it then fine" line at the end of tirade like that, ain't gonna save face. He wants to have it both ways coming off as professional and insightful. In reality, he's just being another whiny jerk who can't handle other peoples opinions. His line is only another variation of the "just joking justification". I call it like see it. Which is why rather not waste time watching either of them. Jesus, even Yahtzee knew when to tone it down or only went after people who started first, most of the time. The only exceptions was when Star Wars fans (or anything related to it was brought up unprovoked), and his Mad World review.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
CoCage said:
PapaGreg096 said:
No, that does not work as an excuse nor does it make them immune to criticism. It is problem when they Walker makes it his constant soap box ad nauseam, and never lets up. Additionally there are times with other reviews where does not do his research and act likes he knows everything. Plus his real life politics started getting in to his reviews; making them less fun and a chore to watch. Doug' skits got long winded, unfunny, and overly preachy. For example, in one of his movie reviews for Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights, he more or less implied Sandler fans should be killed. You know, the scene where he throws a grenade in to a room full of Sandler fans; all portrayed as drooling numskulls. That sad, and pathetic
I don't think Doug Walker actually wants Adam Sandler fans to die also as for politics the only review that had Doug's politics was Mad Max and thats it, sure he makes one or two jokes to Trump but I doubt thats really politics. There are crap tons of comedians who do the same thing again look at Jim and Yahtzee.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
And lo and behold, it has 17% on Rotten Tomatoes, making it the worst ranked Transformers movie so far.

The word "schadenfreude" kinda comes to mind, but it's still going to sell like hotcakes, so whoever's misfortune the film might be, it ain't gonna be Bay's or Paramount's.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Personally, I suspect that since he gets official military backing, that the military commanders "suggest" their troops go and see the movies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
PapaGreg096 said:
CoCage said:
PapaGreg096 said:
I don't think Doug Walker actually wants Adam Sandler fans to die also as for politics the only review that had Doug's politics was Mad Max and thats it, sure he makes one or two jokes to Trump but I doubt thats really politics. There are crap tons of comedians who do the same thing again look at Jim and Yahtzee.
No he was doing stuff like that involving politics, before making cracks at Trump. Once again, my problem with him is hypocrisy. Similar to Stuckman, he claims "the like what you like" stance, while at the same time saying you should not like what he hates and vice versa. And then going out of the way to insult peoples intelligence for it. It's no different than what Movie Bob did. Add to fact that Walker's gimmick has gotten old and in-name only (ever since Jurassic World any movie is free game regardless if the movie is old or not), and the fact he only backs up his stuff some of the time while trying to come off as smart really shows how smug he as gotten. That does not make a good or entertaining watch for me.

Once again, as for Yahtzee and Jim, they no how to make it fun without beating a dead horse, or going on a overly long, unfunny Family Guyesque gag skit. Jim was more mean spirited in the beginning, but changed that around, and made it more fun. Not mention he actually backs up his info. And when does make mistakes, he goes out of his way to correct them. Walker only does it some of the time or when its convenient.

I will leave you with this. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DethroningMoment/TheNostalgiaCritic

That is all I have to say about the guy. If you want to keep watching him, more power to you. Me, I can find better people to watch online.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I saw the first Bay Transformers movie in theaters and found it to be okay. It was okay enough that I was willing to see the second one in theaters. That was enough to make me not want to watch any more of them. I think it was the worst movie I have ever seen that did not physically have Eddie Murphy in it (Murphy's movies being complete crap since the 90's, barring vocal work). My wife and I had an offer for $4 tickets to The Last Knight, but considering I feel like I'd have to watch 3 and 4 in order to know what is going on, I passed. I need more than spectacle to enjoy a movie, and from all I hear, that's all the Transformers movies really have these days.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Honestly, I kinda think the Transformers movies and Michael Bay in general aren't as bad as people make them. I mean, they aren't good but they're three hour long commercials for toy robots, there's just a point where the premise is the problem, not the execution. You can play super heroes for gritty drama but when you have alien robots that turn into cars and fight each other you can either try to play it straight and end up with something dull and probably unintentionalle funny or you can embrace the stupidity. And Bay did just that and it seems to be working pretty well for him.

I'm probably about to defend him way more than he deserves but here we go: I think it's kinda admirable that Bay's unique directorial voice comes through so well in movies that are as blatantly corporate as Transformers. Bay, for all you can say about him, is an auteur director. I know you're probably rolling your eyes at that statement right now but hear me out: He has a very distinct visual style and very distinct themes between all of his movies and... well, most of these are pretty low brow and you are free to question their artistic merit but when you're seeing a Michael Bay movie you can tell it's a Michael Bay movie. What he's not is some studio stooge who does only what he's told to do. All the stupidity you see in his movies is his stupidity alone. And... well, that's gotta count for something, right?

Also, Pain and Gain was an extremely entertaining movie and if we get more like that in the future I have no problem with him directing advertisments for toy robots to fund them.
Personally I hated Pain and Gain and found it very unfunny as well as kinda insulting.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I have this conversation with one of my best friends every time a new Transformers film comes out. Personally I really disliked the first one and since then I've not bothered to see any in the cinema because why support them? As for him though, he's hated every film after the first one but keeps going back to see them and I just cannot comprehend why.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Mainstream audiences of many ages love big dumb action blockbuster schlock. It doesn't matter how all high and mighty people get to come online and denounce humanity for their existence like this, people just like the spectacle of shapeshifting giant robots fighting for or against humanity with some extra dumb schlock added for good measure. And you could do much worse than those films. Hell, I know middle aged women into them. They're not offensive, unless you're looking to be offended.
Well...I best not mention the plans for future films underway...

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
EscapeGoat said:
I have this conversation with one of my best friends every time a new Transformers film comes out. Personally I really disliked the first one and since then I've not bothered to see any in the cinema because why support them? As for him though, he's hated every film after the first one but keeps going back to see them and I just cannot comprehend why.
I get the feeling that it's popularity is due to hate-watching. They know these movies suck. Yet, since it's popular, they have to watch it.