Transformers: War for Cybertron

Emphasis

Nov 12, 2009
Alrighty, I'm interested in this game, but not too sure about it. Reviews are mixed, but generally positive.. I'd like The Escapist's view on it though. So; if you've played this, I'd like your opinion on it :] I haven't seen the series, so its not a fan based thing, if you have, mention this, so that I can take in to the fact that your opinion may be nostalgia based. I've played the multiplayer demo, and its not bad, but not absolutely spectacular. Escalation looks fun though.

Thoughts?

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
It's surprisingly different then most online games, but I'm not sure it that'd be good or bad for you. The story mode was cool but nothing special.
Very average game, I'd suggest a rent.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
I love it, its a very fun game and true to the old school Transformers (hate the new movie shit)

The single player campaigns are nice, not the longest things but I really did like what was there. The online multiplay and survival(escalation) modes are awesome and tons of fun, its especially a good buy now since i have seen it on sale for $49 normally and down to $39 at times.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I've played through the first 3 chapters or so on PC. I'm not too impressed. Easily the best part about it is that it's Transformers. I found the combat pretty generic, and unfortunately for PC they didn't change anything at all, and I found that using a mouse and keyboard was wierd in this game so I ended up playing with a gamepad which felt better. They also capped the framerate at 30... Anyway, my opionion of it is "meh". Go rent it and see how you feel, it's not bad but it's nothing special (other than being Transformers).

Also, when flying, I can't believe the let you hover and strafe but you can't fly vertically. You have to go forward and pull up. I found that quite annoying.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I found it really fun. I mean, it's fluff, it's not the greatest shooter in the world or anything but it definitely feels different enough to stand out from the crowd.

Give it a go, and don't judge it on its first appearance. It's more than mee...

I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I would hate myself forever.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
It's a fine game. Doesn't break any new ground, but if you really want a Transformers game it is the best on the market.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
Wolfram01 said:
Also, when flying, I can't believe the let you hover and strafe but you can't fly vertically. You have to go forward and pull up. I found that quite annoying.
You can fly vertically. Just not very fast. About the same speed that you strafe, really.

And I found the game to be a ton of fun. Still playing the multiplayer from time to time, actually.

- J

ShatteredBlack

Feb 9, 2010
Good fun, actually. The best bit is transforming on the fly - "screw reloading, Imma shoot you in the face with my tank cannon!".

Took me about 7 hours on 'hard', plus the multiplayer and escalation mode are good for a laugh.

DiscipleofSin

Sep 19, 2007
i am playing this co-op with one of my friends ... i feel that co-op makes every game better so it kind of depends on how you like to play.

Emphasis

Nov 12, 2009
Wow the multiplayer demo is promising.. Also found another friend whos interest and has LIVE, so coop campaign looks like a yes as well :D