Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
Velocity Eleven said:
Jonabob87 said:
Velocity Eleven said:
Jonabob87 said:
SuperMse said:
xdiesp said:
Once, journos used to say "transgendered man" if born male. Then they started doing the opposite. Now you just can't figure.
Welcome from your time machine. Rule # 1 of the future- don't talk about the future. Rule # 2 of the future- Shit changes and often for the better. Learn to deal with it.

Jonabob87 said:
AverageJoe said:
Risingblade said:
So this is former guy who got beat up by a bunch of girls?
DefinitelyPsychotic said:
Yeah, pretty much.
...and your points are?
Their points are that a guy got beat up by a bunch of girls.

It's only an issue because the guy wants to be a girl.
She's a woman. Her brain is that way, her body is now, she's a woman socially. You...you know what? I'm not going to defend our existence every time I see a post like this. If you're going to make these sort of claims, at least back them up. Go do some research. Spend some time in the
]

But I do have some other things concerning this string of posts to address.
1) The victim appeared to be on female hormones. Therefore, her muscle mass would have been reduced from that of a man's and she wouldn't have been as strong as she used to be. While it is not pathetic for a man to be beaten up by a woman- such views are sexist and antiquated, as anyone is capable of successfully attacking anyone else given the right strategy-this doesn't even fall into that category. Even if you don't feel that the victim was a "real woman," she was on about the same level of strength as the women who attacked her.
2) "It's only an issue because the guy wanted to be a girl." I don't know, let's imagine it was a biological woman who was attacked. "Woman Beaten to Near Death in McDonald's, Has Seizure, Employees Do Nothing" seems like it could be made into an issue for the sake of spicy news. SOMEONE ALMOST DIED- that's the issue.
Oh I've done plenty of research. Much of it points towards sex hormones being released in the body of a developing/growing child and effecting the way the brain grows (i.e. Male body, female brain or vise-versa).

Effectively this means that the difference begins to exist after birth and is, as such, an abnormality. In the same way that peoples bodies become crooked or don't grow properly.

Simply because you want me to accept this as "just the way you are" doesn't mean I have to. I don't speak about these things unless I'm faced with them, and I certainly wouldn't look down on someone for it. Simply go your way and I'll go mine, mutually disagreeing but respecting each others right to think individually.

Let's not pretend that the body is ever fully transgendered either. Transgendered individuals who choose to become what they see as 100% the role their brain (if it even is that) has grown in to require life-long HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy for those who don't know). This is very literal in that it involves replacing the body's natural hormones with, you guessed it, synthetic hormones. Thereby forcing the body to work in the opposite to how it wants to. That's not natural, I know that doesn't count for much but my point is that if you stopped HRT your body would automatically go back to producing it's natural hormones. That is a fixed gender body being forced to act as if it were the other gender. The key word is ACT.

Actually I'd be horrified if a woman had been attacked in a restaurant, but a woman wasn't attacked. Someone who very possibly had a feminine brain with a male body was attacked in a restaurant. It's still reprehensible, especially if the woman was undergoing HRT and would have been without the masculine build to defend herself. What I was saying is that it's an issue, as in a lot of people care and that's only because he's transgender. Women get attacked in restaurants fairly regularly I'm sure, we live in a huge world with a lot of women, a lot of restaurants and a lot (A LOT) of attacks.

The majority of which staff don't get involved in unless they are kicking everyone involved out. (the ones I've witnessed anyway)

If I'd have been there I'd have intervened, staff or not. Do I think it's worthy of news coverage? Not unless we're going to cover every unprovoked attack and so-called "hate-crime", no.
jpoon said:
Transgendered lady...haha! The dude got his ass beat, that sucks but he's gonna have to live with it considering he's putting himself in a dangerous position (faking himself as a woman) in a harsh world. The chick that whooped his ass must have been a brute though...
You people sicken me
Good to see you're taking a well thought-out and balanced approach.
I ma transgendered, I know how it feels, I know how it is, you people clearly dont even understand the very basics of what it means to be trans
That depends what you mean, to be transgender is to have a female/male brain in a body that doesn't correspond with that gender. I spoke briefly about the science behind this.

If you mean I don't know what it feels like then you're right, I have no idea. Then again I never claimed that I did, so what's your point?

Liquid Ocelot

Nov 6, 2010
I've worked at McDonald's, and one of the very first things they say to you is to not get involved in any confrontations. In fact, one of our managers got put on probation and was almost fired for stepping into a fight that broke out in lobby. Who cares that it's a transgendered woman? That's not why they wouldn't engage. If you're going to ***** out the employees, you might as well ***** out every single fucking bystander who didn't step in.

Those of you who would have stepped in, that's fantasic. You can say you would, but would the situation really happen, odds are, if nobody else did, you would not. There's a magical thing called the Bystander Effect, a psychological term that essentially means that you will conform to the group, and if the group is not breaking it up, odds are, neither will you.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
DaphneRose said:
I'm glad someone intervened. I think we're slowly becoming a society of spectators, who allow our morals to take the backseat, when it doesn't directly involve us. Acts of bravery like Vicki Thomas, I believe, should be emulated and stories like this should be shared.
I don't think so. I would strongly caution anyone who takes a story being reported third hand as sufficient evidence of society in general. There's probably more examples of people doing the right thing for no rewards or fanfare, than there are these more "interesting" stories told either on the internet or in newspapers to sell those products.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
ArBeater said:
This is a result of a lack of education and a lack of good parenting.
Yup the world needs compassion and education in order for mankind to truly advance.

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
I would have stepped in. Doesn't matter who was getting beaten up, or what their mental situation was, 2 kids beating the you know what out of another is unacceptable. And in any case, this was an 18 and 14 year old people! Don't tell me, "you didn't want to get beaten up." That was never an issue.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I don't think transgender has anything (at least not outwardly) having to do with the assault. It sounds like a case of jealous-driven violence.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
ThongBonerstorm said:
what were the employee's to do? you know that when you get hired they tell you if you get involved in any confrontation, no matter the reason, you're fired on the spot. they can't take the risk of someone getting hurt. so if the kids (probably) valued their jobs there was nothing they could do.
And if you get fired while stopping someone from getting assaulted you get to sue the shit out of whoever fired you.

So Win.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Jonabob87 said:
Oh I've done plenty of research. Much of it points towards sex hormones being released in the body of a developing/growing child and effecting the way the brain grows (i.e. Male body, female brain or vise-versa).

Effectively this means that the difference begins to exist after birth and is, as such, an abnormality. In the same way that peoples bodies become crooked or don't grow properly.

Simply because you want me to accept this as "just the way you are" doesn't mean I have to. I don't speak about these things unless I'm faced with them, and I certainly wouldn't look down on someone for it. Simply go your way and I'll go mine, mutually disagreeing but respecting each others right to think individually.

Let's not pretend that the body is ever fully transgendered either. Transgendered individuals who choose to become what they see as 100% the role their brain (if it even is that) has grown in to require life-long HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy for those who don't know). This is very literal in that it involves replacing the body's natural hormones with, you guessed it, synthetic hormones. Thereby forcing the body to work in the opposite to how it wants to. That's not natural, I know that doesn't count for much but my point is that if you stopped HRT your body would automatically go back to producing it's natural hormones. That is a fixed gender body being forced to act as if it were the other gender. The key word is ACT.

Actually I'd be horrified if a woman had been attacked in a restaurant, but a woman wasn't attacked. Someone who very possibly had a feminine brain with a male body was attacked in a restaurant. It's still reprehensible, especially if the woman was undergoing HRT and would have been without the masculine build to defend herself. What I was saying is that it's an issue, as in a lot of people care and that's only because he's transgender. Women get attacked in restaurants fairly regularly I'm sure, we live in a huge world with a lot of women, a lot of restaurants and a lot (A LOT) of attacks.

The majority of which staff don't get involved in unless they are kicking everyone involved out. (the ones I've witnessed anyway)

If I'd have been there I'd have intervened, staff or not. Do I think it's worthy of news coverage? Not unless we're going to cover every unprovoked attack and so-called "hate-crime", no.
Are you genuinely saying that the body ought to take precedence over the brain? You know, when my body thinks for itself it can have a say in anything. Til then, it's just a vehicle for me. My brain. And if I have a female brain, you can bet that my body is going to correspond to it like that sack of meat it is. My body isn't being 'forced' to act as the other gender. I'm simply putting it back to how it ought to be in the first place.

But you know what, this is a deceptive, snake of an argument, because even if I did choose, I resent the implication that somehow I'm so unworthy of being respected as the gender I identify as that I have to play the BUT I CAN'T HELP IT card. Even if it was a choice, it's not your gender, so where the hell do you get off telling me what I am.

The SettingSun

Oct 4, 2010
Appleshampoo said:
If you're getting paid minimum wage in a job you hate, would you step in to help someone? I wouldn't, because I know for a fact I'd be fired for it. It is NOT in your job description to act like security.

But on the other hand, say you did step in and got pretty busted up but helped the person anyway. You think the managers are going to really be happy with you calling in sick the next day? You'd be fired because it's your own fault.

The employees are usually told to stay out of situations like this. The only one who should have stepped in was the manager, because safety is HIS responsibility.

So the employees should not be blamed for doing nothing. Except the one who recorded it, although it depends on his intention. If it was a 'LOLZ LETS PUT IT ON YOUTUBE' then yeah, fire his ass. But if it was a 'I can't step in, but I can get vital evidence on my phone' then give the guy a pat on the back for at least doing SOMETHING.

And if anyone should have stepped in, it should have been one of the customers, since they wouldn't lose their job trying to protect someone.
I'd value somebodys life over some crappy minimum wage job.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
It's sickening that the first thing that asshole did was whip out his phone just to record the incident, rather than calling the police.

Cowabungaa said:
Appleshampoo said:
If you're getting paid minimum wage in a job you hate, would you step in to help someone? I wouldn't, because I know for a fact I'd be fired for it. It is NOT in your job description to act like security.
This has nothing to do with your job description or your wage, but with acting like a good fucking person. And if you'd get fired for being one, the manager deserves to get his own beating.
That's right.

If you get fired for intervening properly (calling the police, making a citizen's arrest), then you sue who fired you. The press will make a shitstorm out of that decision anyway, and your employer will be forced to settle.

Put public approval to work for you.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
qazmatoz said:
Huh. And here I'd forgotten why I hate humanity.
Only hate the minority of the dipshits that make themselves look like the majority.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Marik2 said:
qazmatoz said:
Huh. And here I'd forgotten why I hate humanity.
Only hate the minority of the dipshits that make themselves look like the majority.
Sigh it's easy to lose perspective when that minority nearly kills a person over personal differences that don't effect anyone else.

Reading through some of these comments on thread didn't help much either with a lot of people considering the woman to be unworthy of even basic compassion and understanding, but at least most people in this community are decent :D

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I know a lot of people are saying that an employee shouldn't, but if that was me, I seriously don't think I could just stand there and watch someone get battered. I'd regret it later, and I'd probably get the shit kicked out of me because I can't fight for shit but I think I would help. In all honesty though, that's probably just because it's a public place where people might step in after seeing one person, if it were just the attackers the victim and me I'd probably leave, so I thought I'd say that before someone called me out on it.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Sir John the Net Knight said:
Has anyone found out what the reason that person got in a fight is? Because I'm really disgusted that you're suggesting, and I admit I could be wrong about this, that a transgender or transvestite is asking to be assaulted by cross dressing. Even if a person is being pushy about a date, that's no reason to resort to violence. Of course, there's a line to be crossed if said person gets violent, but I highly disagree with your position. No one deserves to be struck for trying to be themselves.
Actually, what Therumancer's suggesting is that the transgender woman forced herself onto the attacker's man, therefore deserved the beating. Because, you know, gays, lesbians, and trannies are all IN YOUR FACE all the time and FORCING THEMSELVES ON STRAIGHT MEN because the POLITICAL CORRECTNESS POLICE HAVE MADE IT OKAY!, so this attack, while reprehensible, is totally justified...

...Wait, what's that? The guy flirted with the woman, and that's why she was attacked at first? Oh, shit, I guess Therumancer's great theory of retribution just got cornholed.

It always amuses me when people go on about LGBTs 'forcing themselves onto us,' and being all 'in your face about it,' because it instantly screams to me "this person has no clue what the fuck they're talking about." Quite a few gays, lesbians, bis, and transgendereds do not, in fact, try to "gay up" every guy/girl they see, and are, in fact, pretty damn normal. Most are just going about their business, and I know this from actually hanging out with them. Most of the ones I've met are alright, some of them were kind of douchey, just like everybody else I've ever met. And none, I repeat in bold-italics NONE have ever harassed me and tried to get into my pants (one flirted with me a little bit, but stopped when I said I was straight). That so many 'straights' are worried about/assume that LGBTs are trying to 'get them' would be laughable (and probably a little telling) if not for the unhinged violence that that mindset has caused.

In short, people need to grow the fuck up.

Doctor Glocktor

Aug 1, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
ThongBonerstorm said:
what were the employee's to do? you know that when you get hired they tell you if you get involved in any confrontation, no matter the reason, you're fired on the spot. they can't take the risk of someone getting hurt. so if the kids (probably) valued their jobs there was nothing they could do.
And if you get fired while stopping someone from getting assaulted you get to sue the shit out of whoever fired you.

So Win.
They specifically say not to get involved in fights so you can't sue them if you get hurt trying to break one up.