Transistor Review - Red Red Fine

GladChimer93

May 13, 2014
Thanks Jim, that was a very detailed review.
I am glad I read it, because it was enough to turn me away from Transistor.
I didn't like Bastion, and I was hoping that this would be a more mindless hack & slasher without any sort of point distribution or the like. I'd probably not be able to find the combination of functions that'd work for me, so I'd get frustrated in the end.
Not to mention, I am really not in the mood for a sad story either.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Beat it today, loved the everloving shit out of it. Sometimes the best narrative ideas are the simple ones if they are executed well, and Supergiant has shown that they are masters of execution.

Excuse me while I go and listen to the soundtrack for the next 3 hours.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Vault101 said:
I have already bought the game (left over steam credit) but I was kind of"eh" about it...I mean bastion is one of those games where "I can see why people like this but I have little desire to play it myself"

this feel sot me like...a game thats automatically going to get very high praise yet I might not like it...it might be a bit too "artsy" for me, particually being vauge in its presentation of the story

but my download is almost finished so I'll see....
So Vault what are your thoughts on the game now that you have played it?

Also did anyone have trouble with a certain scorpion like boss encounter?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
rbstewart7263 said:
So Vault what are your thoughts on the game now that you have played it?

Also did anyone have trouble with a certain scorpion like boss encounter?
I'm not sure I've played enough of it to get a good reading :p

so far its as exactly as I expected, cool soundtrack cutesey[footnote/]I don't mean that literally[/footnote] artstyle, "indirect" storytelling it hasn't fallen under or exceeded my expectations, I think I'll need a little more time to get my head around the gameplay

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Love the art, music and themes, utterly hate the stupid combat.

I'm afraid that's all I can really say about the game, the combat just ruins everything for me.