Trashed Batman Cartoon Made Joker a Psychotic Teen

Simon Hadow

Mar 12, 2009
Joker isn't defined only by his brutality. he's defined by the fact that he CAN be that brutal, but his particular brand of insanity made it so that you didn't know wether he would kill you, or show you a card trick. He is entirely capable of blowing up a hospital, cancer ridden orphans and all, but only if the dice in his head roll that way on that particular day. Of course, then there's the argument that it could have been a parody of high school dramas, and gotten all the violence in there anyways. Cartoons ain't always for kids. It wouldn't have to even stick to the current canon Batman anyways. I mean, EVERYBODY knows about the Joker, but only the people who've stuck to Batman comics for a long time would that Joker was originally a thief known as the red hood.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
To be perfectly honest, I think this idea has a lot of potential, and I would more likely than not watch it if it became real.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
this looks freakin awesome. if done properly, it could be like something along the lines of danny pahntom, but darker and with more interesting villains, who seem to be the protagonists here. and those batman purists who are totally against this, hey, at least it's totally fresh and original.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Jeronus said:
I couldn't see this doing well even if they had permission to do some pretty violent stuff. Batman in high school so when did he train as a ninja during elementary school?
Remember Batman: Beyond? Terry didn't have ninja training and still kicked ass.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
looks cool, and Harley in a cheerleader uniform. Mmmmm....
First things first, get Linkara on the phone and inform him that Harley Quinn is in a cheerleader uniform, he will thank us.

Moving on, I would watch the SHIT out of this. Played as a Brave and the Bold style affectionate piss-take that skewers not only the Batman characters but also teen dramedy cliches and tropes and frankly, we'd be onto a winner.

I love some grimdark, but I've gotten so sick of it lately that I would welcome a more whimsical take on my favourite superheroes.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Joker wasn't that great in The Dark Knight movie. I mean, he wasn't psychotic. He was manipulative. That's kinda boring and not Joker. Imo of course.

Gotham High could have worked, make them do their "training" at the school. Explosives in chemistry, martial arts in p.e. Could have been fun. On the other hand, more likely to have been absolutely terrible. No deaths :p

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Batman in high school? As the same age as Barbara Gordon who is jealous of his relationship to Selina Kyle? That's just wrong.

Would make a funny Newgrounds spoof, but that's just wrong.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
I hope they know that ivy got her flower power through a freak accident in a lab.

Else im very glad it got cancelled. XD

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
The Scythian said:
I believe this project was replaced with Batman Beyond. If I am right, I am doubly glad Batman was not reduced to whining about the prom.
It says 2009 at the bottom, so I think it was a recent idea. And thank God it was killed. Looks, just horrible.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
mmmm... poison Ivy....... Harley Quinn...

Wha - I mean, yeah, whatever
Couldn't work. They all look too harmless, and wouldn't it be awkward going to school with someone who tried to kill you/kicked your butt?
On the other hand, a teenage Poison Ivy... In a cheerleader costume...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Since when does Mr. Freeze not wear his suit? It must be damn cold in that high school.

Looks like yet again another horrendous concept created to pander to the tween demographic

jspheonix

Mar 10, 2010
I HATED this idea when I first saw it the other day, but I sat back and thought about it. OK OK as a prequel this would be a horrific abomination. BUT I don't think this was planned as such, if it was a parody of the system (detention instead of Arkham so the villains always come back, Gordon as princible etc.) it could actually be quite interesting as a parody. I personally love the idea of a punk Emo Joker, so long as he never grows up to BECOME the mainstream joker. Just taking a group of characters and putting them in a completely new, yet still vaguely similar, wouldn't rub with most fans, but I would state it had huge potential

Biodisaster

Scourgeling
Jul 1, 2010
I would've watched it for comedy's sake. I'm sure anyone who has enjoyed Batman in the past would've done the same. There's no way anyone could take it seriously.

If the comedic value wasn't there, it would've been a guaranteed flop.