Treyarch: Games Could Still Use More Zombies

Mar 16, 2009
Zombies are amazing, and it's a surprise we haven't seen them in more games. Why has their been no undead Pokemon? The Sims are all dead, if you play it right. Why aren't they reanimated?
Until someone comes out with an undead Civil War game, I shall embrace the continuous flow of zombie games. Besides, aren't we oversaturated with aliens and marines? Dead Space, Gears of War, Halo, Ratchet and Clank, even... aliens and warfare within the past century probably take up 95% of the FPS market (I'm not accusing R&C of being a FPS), so it's no wonder that games embracing something different get so much hype and attention.

Serious_Stalin

Aug 11, 2008
More zombie games please. I think the whole apocalypse thing really hasn't been done enough yet, as far as i'm concerned they can ride the zombie cash cow till it dies and i'll still want more.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Zombies.... not really. Sure, they can set the mood in a game, but zombies as a main attraction is rarely done all that well. I felt L4D was one of these delightful exceptions to the rule.

But slapping zombies carelessly into a game usually just make the game worse. Case in point: Thief-series. I though those games were supposed to be about sneaking around and stealing stuff and all that. Then the first zombie came along and I simply stared at my monitor for almost a minute before deciding I want none of that. I mean, whose bright idea was that supposed to be, zombies in a medieval-stylish steampunk/fantasyish environment in a game meant to be about 'steal all you can'??

I ended up cheating the games. Zombie levels? Nope, don't exist....

Gimme a break about the zombies, game developers. If you think about zombies for the next year, just don't. Please?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I don't know...I'm sick killing zombies...I don't enjoy L4D much anymore, Dead Rising got old after I earned the infinity mode, which sucked, and Nazi Zombies was mediocre, imo.

Seriously, WTF! Why wasn't infinity mode, well...infinite? I don't want constantly draining health!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Hey suprise! Zombies are awesome!

Jeez, really Treyarch? You needed to tell us that?

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
AstorSapolsky said:
Zombies are amazing, and it's a surprise we haven't seen them in more games. Why has their been no undead Pokemon? The Sims are all dead, if you play it right. Why aren't they reanimated?
Until someone comes out with an undead Civil War game, I shall embrace the continuous flow of zombie games. Besides, aren't we oversaturated with aliens and marines? Dead Space, Gears of War, Halo, Ratchet and Clank, even... aliens and warfare within the past century probably take up 95% of the FPS market (I'm not accusing R&C of being a FPS), so it's no wonder that games embracing something different get so much hype and attention.
actually you can resurrect your sims (at least in the first game) by winning rock - paper - scissors against the grim reaper

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
Zombies are in a boom period at the moment, and I refute the idea that we need more as he's clearly hanging his Zombie-phile credntials out for all to see. They're currently quite oversaturated but there are a limited number of enemies that can crop up repeatedly without eyebrows being raised:

Nazis
Zombies
Monsters
Aliens

But knock out too many games with Islamic militants (or add a recognisable ethnicity to your creatures) and questions begin to be asked. Killing other humans within games these days is becoming somewhat taboo unless it's a war game, even games with an element of separation: sci-fi, fantasy, are now being called into question. It's another arguement for another time whether this is right or not but we'll continue to see consistently high levels of one of the big four until the issue is settled...

TheDukester

Aug 2, 2008
Anyone else find the irony in Treyarch claiming a particular genre can't be overdone?

Zombies at least haven't been done as often as World War II games have been, so it's refreshing that we have games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising. I'm sure, though, once we have Medal of Honor: Zombie Front 4 we'll all be wishing for some World War II games to break the monotony.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
hem dazon 90 said:
george144 said:
I still want a realisticalish zombie game, a cross between L4D and the sims where you have to eat, sleep and basically survive while fighting off a city full of zombies. Fun.

great idea!
What, you mean something like Urban Dead, but in 3D?

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Andy_Panthro said:
Too many WW2 games, too many zombie games, too many space marine games. Lots of people would prefer a different take on things for their FPS games.

Of course, we do get FPS games like Bioshock and Half-Life, which give us that something different. Perhaps more studios need to "open their minds" a bit, unless the zombies have already eaten them.
Half-Life has zombies if you havent forgotten and they always seem to pop up when you don't want them to like ever. But straight up zombie games like Dead Rising even with all of it's flaws is still a good game