Treyarch not sticking to their promises?

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Dracovec said:
honestly compared to the last 3 call of duty's this one is trash in my opinion...
How? MW2 was actually the first game that literally, not figuratively, made me want to vomit my internal organs out. At least BlOps wasn't the second.

OT: This thread has been met by me with a massive MEEEEEEEEEEH.
Honestly. If you don't like the game, you can decide not to play it.
Nobody's forcing you.
And anyway, there's NO reason that the sounds of footsteps and bomb planting should have been taken out (or even made quieter) in the first place. It allows for better gameplay and the only time people EVER use headphones is in S&D... Unless they're socially backwards twats "perfectly normal people" who just happen to play on their own without their friends online.
If you're that pissed off about footsteps: use Ninja.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Geekosaurus said:
I'm fairly certain that Treyarch have just gone back on a lot of stuff in their game. They made quite a big deal of nerfing quick-scopers, but they un-nerfed it with the patch? Same deal with footsteps - they made them louder. And apparently when the game first came out there was no sound when you plant and defuse a bomb...but now there is. I like the idea of these things being nerfed, so why are Treyarch just giving in and changing them back?

I'm not here to complain about quick-scopers or how people play, I want to complain about Treyarch giving in and changing features they advertised as major difference before the game came out.

What do you guys think about the changes? And can you think of any more?
really, it's almost like they're going to run with the majority or something.

And to hell with the rest.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Dracovec said:
honestly compared to the last 3 call of duty's this one is trash in my opinion...
now don't get me wrong the actual solo game is good about the same as the others and zombies is great as always if your into it(especially dead ops very old school :D)
but the online has terrible problems,to go on a tirade,but everything from hit location problems,lag issues,game joining,in game random damage issues,killstreaks killing through buildings and walls and all sorts of other nonsense that hasn't been addressed...
and also all you lag switchers and modders that cant just play a game you have to cheat to make yourselves feel better about being so terrible at a game.
honestly a little more work on the floor and a little less releasing games before you finish them would be nice(going to most companies these days).
It has its problems, and they're hard to overlook if you don't like the game. But what do you think about Treyarch changing things that they originally advertised as different?

Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
On topic. I haven't noticed any significant changes to Black Ops, so I really don't see what you are talking about, OP.
They're certainly only small differences. I suppose it depends on how much you play the game.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
No_Remainders said:
And anyway, there's NO reason that the sounds of footsteps and bomb planting should have been taken out (or even made quieter) in the first place. It allows for better gameplay and the only time people EVER use headphones is in S&D... Unless they're [strikeout]socially backwards twats[/strikeout] "perfectly normal people" who just happen to play on their own without their friends online.
If you're that pissed off about footsteps: use Ninja.
It's not the fact that it's been taken out, it's the way that they boasted about their new features and then quietly got rid of them a few weeks later.

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
i have an issue all around because most game companies do this anymore,
claim features that are supposed to be in games and dont deliver or change the games after there out ,honestly getting kind of used to it even if its bullshit

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Dracovec said:
now maybe if you would read the rest of my post you would have seen i was mainly commenting on the multiplayer aspect,also probably a bit of my fault not phrasing that to begin with...
Yes but there have been many threads about the problems people are having. This is more of a discussion about why Treyarch are making the changes, not stating what needs to be changed.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Jarrid said:
Geekosaurus said:
I'm fairly certain that Treyarch have just gone back on a lot of stuff in their game. They made quite a big deal of nerfing quick-scopers, but they un-nerfed it with the patch? Same deal with footsteps - they made them louder. And apparently when the game first came out there was no sound when you plant and defuse a bomb...but now there is. I like the idea of these things being nerfed, so why are Treyarch just giving in and changing them back?
Appealing to their target audience, the quick-scoping campers, that they are.
I fear you're probably right. However if they keep changing things to make it appeal to their audience I predict it will start to feel more and more like MW2. We'll have to see how far the changes go.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
Geekosaurus said:

I'm not here to complain about quick-scopers or how people play, I want to complain about Treyarch giving in and changing features they advertised as major difference before the game came out.

The quick scoping thing I think they should have stuck with, i hate snipers in general so I was all for it. Honestly, the one problem I have with what treyarch has not followed through with was mod support. Seriously, how hard is it to allow for mod support????

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Flac00 said:
Geekosaurus said:

The quick scoping thing I think they should have stuck with, i hate snipers in general so I was all for it. Honestly, the one problem I have with what treyarch has not followed through with was mod support. Seriously, how hard is it to allow for mod support????
I heard that they didn't patch anything in WaW, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. At least they have already released a patch. It suggests more will come in the future.

Geekosaurus said:
On topic. I haven't noticed any significant changes to Black Ops, so I really don't see what you are talking about, OP.
They're certainly only small differences. I suppose it depends on how much you play the game.
6+ hours a day, almost every day. I haven't noticed anything.
Fair enough!

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Geekosaurus said:

Because they are listening to the community and actually making changes to the game that people wanna see?

Sniping: You couldn't even snipe at the beginning of the game. You pick up a sniper rifle, you better be damn sure that person is planning on standing still for 5 seconds.
They made it so you can now reasonably snipe, quickscoping is relatively hard though. Its almost perfect. If you were one of the people complaining about sniping in the first place, that was because you played to much MW2. Quickscoping in that game was out of control, and I advise anyone who thought that to play COD4, where it was almost perfect.

Footsteps: Sound has always been a core part of the CoD games, and it was more along the lines that they accidentally screwed up the sounds. Considering sound cheap is completely stupid, to be blunt about it.

Bomb planting: Yet again with sound, it plays a major and tactical part in the game. I don't know what else to tell you about that.

Edit: The only problem I have with the game is the AK-74, bot for the fact that it is a little overpowered (it is), but for the fact that people think it is overpowered, and therefore use and abuse the shit out of it.

A little more recoil wouldn't have hurt.

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
Max Miller said:
automatron said:
And what game would this be?
You give absolutely no indication, and people who don't know the studio will have to guess.
Not knowing, I can't really have an opinion
Here's what everyone living above ground read: I am a complete idiot who needs EVERYTHING scientifically named down to version number because I hate having to assume that this game just might be one one the best known games of this generation, and I can't ask a friend because I'm the only person living under my rock.

Way to go loser, you're a shameless douchebag
So you just made an account and the first thing you do is trash someone?
Best known games of the generation? Really? Just because people know the game doesn't mean they know the company.
I had apologised to the person I originally said it to and gave my opinion.
I merely came off too strong and meant that there are people who probably know the game but not the studio, because they didn't bother to check, so it might've been a good idea for him to elaborate.
I guess you didn't see that post with your head up your ass while on that pedestal of yours.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Tdc2182 said:
Geekosaurus said:

Because they are listening to the community and actually making changes to the game that people wanna see?

Sniping: You couldn't even snipe at the beginning of the game. You pick up a sniper rifle, you better be damn sure that person is planning on standing still for 5 seconds.
They made it so you can now reasonably snipe, quickscoping is relatively hard though. Its almost perfect. If you were one of the people complaining about sniping in the first place, that was because you played to much MW2. Quickscoping in that game was out of control, and I advise anyone who thought that to play COD4, where it was almost perfect.

Footsteps: Sound has always been a core part of the CoD games, and it was more along the lines that they accidentally screwed up the sounds. Considering sound cheap is completely stupid, to be blunt about it.

Bomb planting: Yet again with sound, it plays a major and tactical part in the game. I don't know what else to tell you about that.

Edit: The only problem I have with the game is the AK-74, bot for the fact that it is a little overpowered (it is), but for the fact that people think it is overpowered, and therefore use and abuse the shit out of it.

I guess I'm in the minority of people that liked the idea of less quick-scoping, quieter foot steps and no bomb plant noise.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Tdc2182 said:

Definitely. It'd be a productive patch, for sure. I know a lot of people that's like to see it.

Stu the Pirate

Dec 24, 2010
Quickscoping pretty much ruined MW2 for me, so I'm quite annoyed to say the least about it being reintroduced, however, I've not seen much of it in my time on Black Ops. I regard this as a good thing which should continue.

That said, if quickscoping does make a comeback on Black Ops, I can just retreat to the combat simulator.

Feralbreed

May 20, 2009
When they gave in to the quickscoping ASSHOLES (sorry, I just hate them so much) that pretty much killed the game for me. I'm moving to BC2, it even has the new Vietnam DLC now so even better.

If the next modern warfare is made by Treyarch and is the same kind of garbage, (single player being as shitty as it was in BLOPS) then I'll give up on COD completely. BLOPS as a whole was a huge meh IMO. Campaign was unoriginal crap, multiplayer felt wrong and even zombies wasn't as fun as people made me believe.

The quality of the singleplayer in a game defines a BIG portion of a game for me. So if it's really bad like in BLOPS, I'm not gonna be too fond of the rest of the games content either.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
You know I thought it was a little weird today that the final killcam was a quickscope...hmm no I'm contemplating going back to MW2

OT: I have noticed that it is common for developers to openly say or support one thing but go around and change their stance either last minute (*cough*Medal of Honor*cough*) or to change gameplay mechanics because some people couldnt deal with the change.