Tripwire Announces Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Tripwire Announces Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

John Gibson, President of Tripwire Interactive, revealed the new title at the 2015 E3 PC Gaming Show Tuesday night.

Read Full Article

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Rooster. Claiming the name now, cuz I ain't gonna dieeeeeee.

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Hmm... makes me think when In Country: Vietnam announced they were becoming an independent title, they meant they were being hired... http://www.incountrygame.com/

Wiggum Esquilax

Apr 22, 2015
Going to reserve judgement.

Tripwire bit off more than they could chew with Rising Storm. Promised underground tunnels for the Japanese to maneuver through were sealed off, and Japan received historically ludicrous numbers of automatic weapons and mortars to compensate. The game's core premise of asymmetrical warfare was deleted before retail release.

Not saying the new game will be bad, but I definitely allow for the possibility.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
GOD YES!!! I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE EVEN PLANNING THIS THIS IS SO FUCKING GOOD!
I've been passively excited for so many games this E3, this is the only 100% certain buy for me, and probably on release.

Only thing that worries me are the choppers etc. How are they going to work in this, and are the NVA gonna get bumfucked.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Tripwire need to change their scoring system if they are going to do this. R0 and R02 suffered from too many people with rifles playing for k/pd rather than the objective. A huge number of matches turned into most of the attacking side camping and playing for kills. The boring stalemates limited the appeal of the game. This is doubly true if you are playing asymmetric warfare in which one side is going to die far more often than the other.

CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Only thing that worries me are the choppers etc. How are they going to work in this, and are the NVA gonna get bumfucked.
I suspect its going to be if you fly around in a chopper instead of taking the objective you lose. It will also have limited numbers in RO2 they only had 2 tanks per side and the maps gave cover from tanks limiting their use. The other thing is that DShK heavy mgs could chew up a huey, so if you have a fair number of DShK on fixed AA mounts spread around the map you have a counter.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
albino boo said:
Tripwire need to change their scoring system if they are going to do this. R0 and R02 suffered from too many people with rifles playing for k/pd rather than the objective. A huge number of matches turned into most of the attacking side camping and playing for kills. The boring stalemates limited the appeal of the game. This is doubly true if you are playing asymmetric warfare in which one side is going to die far more often than the other.

CpT_x_Killsteal said:
I suspect its going to be if you fly around in a chopper instead of taking the objective you lose. It will also have limited numbers in RO2 they only had 2 tanks per side and the maps gave cover from tanks limiting their use. The other thing is that DShK heavy mgs could chew up a huey, so if you have a fair number of DShK on fixed AA mounts spread around the map you have a counter.
Yeah I was thinking about the DShk too. On the other hand, maybe the choppers replace arty or something. We'll have to wait to find out.

It's a shame your games ended up being that way. It depends on the server you play on. The Aussie servers generally play the objective, and it's also dependent on the competence of the commanders and Squad Leaders.