Tropical Skyrim Mod Replaces Snow With Sand

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Do want! Do want! Do want! Do want! Do w-*follows link and starts download* Do want! Do want! Do want!

Seriously hope Bethesda sees this and makes Elsewyr just like. In fact, just hire these folks. There ya go. Do it.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
It won't be long before someone uses these assets and the creation kit to produce an Elsweyr mod.

Anyway, nicely played modders, nicely played. This looks sweet.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
But, WHY???

Unless, of course, they also replaced the nordic attire of pelts and cold steel with shorts and bikinis. I would totally go adventuring in a tropical paradise filled with blondes in bikinis.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
AgentLampshade said:
But, what of the Sea of Ghosts?
Sea of Roasts (outdoor BBQs BRAH!).
Dawnstar will be Daystar, Riften will be Shiften, Solitude will be SoliDUUUUDE! and Falkreath will be Falkbeach

...Can't come up with anything clever for Markarth.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Wow that looks good, hopefully the modder can contact these guys
http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/forum/119-beyond-skyrim/

Some of that stuff would look great for Hammerfell and Elsweyr, even falkreath looks like something out of Valenwood.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
exobook said:
Well thats the black marsh game done (that is the tropical biome right?)
That's the marsh biome, Blackwood in Oblivion would be about as dry as you'd get there.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
So instead of "Frost Trolls" and "Ice Wraiths" do we get "Humid Trolls" and "Misty Wraiths"?

I kill me

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
It seems a little too much for me. I think the bloom is getting me. I like the new style, but... too bright. It doesn't look all that... i don't know... lush. I haven't played far cry so im not sure how that looks.

I'd also like the point out that the youtube video had no less than 4 boxes with various types of adverts that I had to click out of the way. Yikes.

Jamous said:
Talking about the harsh winds, snow and ice would be a little silly given the tropical area Skyrim has become.
Ha!
Love it.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
oh, and even skyrim does not escape the craze peopel have with tropical islands where you sweat more thna humanly possible, become lazy from the heat and complain constantly about everything being too hot but still go back the next year.

we need more winter games, not more tropical ones.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
I thought of the Summerset Isles before Elsweyr, but I guess I still have Maormer on the brain... I've had them on the brain since Morrowind. C'mon, Beth! Add the Maormer! I'll be your best friend!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Makes me wish I was playing Skyrim on the PC, looks beautiful. One of the things that niggles at me about Skyrim is just how dark and gloomy it can be.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
i would be impressed, but i already have a terrain re-mesh normal's and textures at 4k, so i doubt i'll be trading that for a beach however, this could be an essential mod for Khajiit roleplay as they'd probably just die of exposure in skyrim.

and for those playing skyrim on console, you are stabbing yourself in the face.
buy a pc play skyrim at 60X the quality with easy mods.. many of them just require
1 click in the steam workshop.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
No no no no no, this is all wrong. We need to replace the earth with ice, and the stones with ice, and the trees with ice and the water with more ice.

Tsk tsk.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Saw this on Skyrim Nexus and thought it looked amazing. Not my thing though, plus skyrim keeps crashing as it has done for the last year and a half for me -_-