Trump ordered to pay $350 million for fraudulent business practices in New York

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I'd say this is pretty different:

Now that Roe V Wade has been repealed Texas has an abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest, so now thousands of women have been forcefully impregnated with their rapist's baby with no recourse.

Roe V Wade was only overturned because Trump was able to stack the Supreme Court, and wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I guess this doesn't count though, since it doesn't affect you personally.
Researchers said they could not analyze trends over time, so it's not clear if the estimates represent an increase from previous years.

Why am I doing your reading for you?

I don't really give a toss about someone's right to endanger others.

I'm going to ignore your effort to shift the conversation onto BLM, which you and I were not discussing. They attempted to overturn the election outcome by force. The fact they failed doesn't negate the offence; if it did, we wouldn't charge people for attempted murder.
Copy/paste the relevant part, it's your argument.

You literally quoted what I said, took out the part about the vaccine not even providing community benefit, and then went to say not getting vaccinated endangered others. It's known that the vaccine didn't not provide community benefits. It's not even good policy based on your own logic.

I'm supposed to be worried about a very small handful of people attempting to delay the certification. How were these people actually going to overturn the election in any possible way? In what multiverse timeline does like 10s of people through sheer physical force overturn an election of a country like the US? I'm not saying they shouldn't be charged to the fullest extent of the law but acting like the American democracy was actually in jeopardy over that is complete and utter hyperbole.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Copy/paste the relevant part, it's your argument.
Well, no, you're the one insisting that the SCOTUS decision rested solely on these cherry-picked snippets you drag up. Go and read it properly.

You literally quoted what I said, took out the part about the vaccine not even providing community benefit, and then went to say not getting vaccinated endangered others. It's known that the vaccine didn't not provide community benefits. It's not even good policy based on your own logic.
No interest in going over all this drivel again. Suffice it to say that since you haven't convinced anyone that the vaccine didn't provide community benefit, everyone else is going to operate under the understanding that it did and that therefore groundless refusal is endangering others. You can operate under a different 'understanding' if you like-- just don't expect it to be compelling to us.

I'm supposed to be worried about a very small handful of people attempting to delay the certification. How were these people actually going to overturn the election in any possible way?
"Attempted murder failed, so why prosecute?"

Reactions: Satinavian

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You're literally just trolling...
Tacking that little qualifier on-- after arguing for dozens of posts that the incitement and insurrection aren't worth worrying about at all-- isn't very convincing.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Tacking that little qualifier on-- after arguing for dozens of posts that the incitement and insurrection aren't worth worrying about at all-- isn't very convincing.
Didn't say that. I said, acting like democracy was in jeopardy is a massive exaggeration of what happened.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't say that. I said, acting like democracy was in jeopardy is a massive exaggeration of what happened.
You used the fact that they failed as a reason to consider it unimportant and not worth pursuing. That logic can equally be applied to an incompetent attempted murder.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You used the fact that they failed as a reason to consider it unimportant and not worth pursuing. That logic can equally be applied to an incompetent attempted murder.
I said it's hardly an insurrection when they couldn't even delay the mere certification of votes let alone actually changing any votes or even getting shouting distance from that. You guys act like Trump almost stayed in power and that American democracy almost ended. That's ridiculous. You think I'm going to be worried over that?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I said it's hardly an insurrection when they couldn't even delay the mere certification of votes let alone actually changing any votes or even getting shouting distance from that.
"It's hardly an attempted murder, that shot was so wide of the mark. Let him keep the gun for crying out loud!"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
'Yes, why worry over Trump supporters whipped into a frenzy by Trump breaking through police barriers and storming the Capital, yelling 'hang Mike Pence', having set up a noose, with security personnel needing to barricade entrances, and shots being fired.'

I'll just let that sit there for extremely stupid people.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
"It's hardly an attempted murder, that shot was so wide of the mark. Let him keep the gun for crying out loud!"
If it was a blind person trying to shoot me, I'd be a lot less worried than if it was a marine. I'm also not saying they should be prosecuted differently either.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

However, it appears no-one is willing to guarantee Trump's bond for his fraud trial, and he doesn't appear to have the cash.

So sad. 😢
Time for the government to start confiscating property. Of course it should be confiscated based on the value he stated on his taxes.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Time for the government to start confiscating property. Of course it should be confiscated based on the value he stated on his taxes.
Think hes down to one week for someone to swoop in and save him. TBH though Im sure it will take time. I highly doubt theres a College Hunks truck waiting outside Mar-a-Lago to start hauling his guady furniture.

Thats one awkward thing about Trump. All his shit is still decked out in 70s fashion. It's really just the land values that are worth anything.

I can think of one country in particular that would love for the courts to come get his shit off their lawn

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Think hes down to one week for someone to swoop in and save him. TBH though Im sure it will take time. I highly doubt theres a College Hunks truck waiting outside Mar-a-Lago to start hauling his guady furniture.

Thats one awkward thing about Trump. All his shit is still decked out in 70s fashion. It's really just the land values that are worth anything.

I can think of one country in particular that would love for the courts to come get his shit off their lawn

Don't fuck with the Scots.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023

So, wow.

Trump Media and Technology Group is worth... probably not much. It's never made a profit, isn't projected to any time soon, and doesn't own anything worth a lot. Mostly Truth Social, estimated value $20-30 million.

However, it's going to merge into this other company with a potential value of many billions; Trump would be majority shareholder with shares worth... $3.4 billion. How insane is that?

It's kind of a scam, albeit legal. Basically, convince a load of people to buy shares in the acquisition partner, vastly inflate it's value to genuinely insane amounts, and once the merger occurs Trump now has billions. Admittedly, billions of a absurdly overpriced company that can only come crashing down to earth in the long run. This is apparently what's being called a "meme stock": something unconventional and usually small investors buy into for some sort of campaign or internet lols.

Trump can't cash out for six months, however, so that's how long it needs to hold value before Trump can liquidate shares for massive and, if I'm going to honest, thoroughly undeserved profit.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
It's never made a profit, isn't projected to any time soon,
...so like most tech companies at time of IPO?

Admittedly, billions of a absurdly overpriced company that can only come crashing down to earth in the long run.
Admittedly, billions that are only actually worth billions if he can convince someone to pay that for it. So probably not actually billions at all.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Today is supposed to be the deadline for Trump to pay the $450M bond in his New York fraud proceedings, lest the Attorney General begin repossessing property. But I can't seem to find anything about it (at least in UK media). What's happening with that?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I looked as well. Reads as if the deadline being today means that he could still pay today and he hasn't failed until tomorrow.