Try our 'Doom' Quiz!

S'moorejunk

Aug 22, 2011
So, I'm still #1. I did not cheat on this either, a couple of years ago I read through the Doom wiki because I finally found my dad's original floppy disks of both games.

But, yeah if someone does not beat my score, I will be surprised.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011

THIS IS THE DAY I HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE.

If possible, I now love you even more, Escapist. <3

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Helps if the quiz doesn't bottle it around question 7, refusing to go any further.

I blame misguided experimental dabbling with demonic portals and the like for this mishap.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Funny, when I finished the quiz I wasn't even told how I did. I just got the scoreboard (and I wasn't on it).

Anyway. If folks are going to be replaying Doom 3 in preparation for Rage, why not give my Mod [http://www.gamefront.com/files/3839450/Doom__True_Survival__a_Doom3_Mod] a try?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I got 4th place on the leaderboards. I'm not sure if I should be proud because I know so much about my favorite game or if I should go cry in a corner, sorrowfully repeating the words "All the wasted years..."
Either way, hell yeah! Doom!

individual11

Sep 6, 2010
Dammit, failed the Scientologist movie question, twice.

All DooM fans, read the DooM comic, then download the BRUTAL DooM mod for GZDooM or Skulltag.

Rip And Tear.

According to the spell checker, Scientologist isn't a word. Interesting.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
S said:
So, I'm still #1. I did not cheat on this either, a couple of years ago I read through the Doom wiki because I finally found my dad's original floppy disks of both games.

But, yeah if someone does not beat my score, I will be surprised.
O hai there. ;)

EDIT: Whoops, double post. Damn captchas.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Doom 2 was just a canonical mind-duck. For some reason it said that the Demons were suddenly aliens.

...what? Such a disappointment, I liked the first. 2 ended up being a massive grind.

*this post brought to you by a total lack of nostalgia goggles, because I completed Doom 2 last week :p*
Even at the tender age of 10 I realized that Doom's ending sequence and Doom II's story as described in the instruction booklet were incompatible.

Doom II did have some marvelous new monsters, though. (And I suppose that technically the demons are also aliens, since they sure as Hell don't come from Earth. :p)

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
JediMB said:
Oh, cool, 1st place out of 51...

Well... cue the cheaters who get inhumanly low times, I guess?

(As I type this, I'm #2, and #1 finished in 49 seconds; a good 40 seconds faster than I did.)
Do you honestly read the questions? I thought we just randomly click and go!

Also...

You're currently ranked 2543rd out of 2676 total entries

Nailed it.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
If I don't get 10/10 on this I'm going to feel shame... and wonder what I've been doing for the last 15 years or so...

Edit: ...and I got the very first question wrong, and realised I'd got it wrong as soon as I clicked it.

*throws self down in front of pc*

Please forgive me! I really do care about you!

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
SHIFTYMACO said:
I'm 17th, And I'm not happy, I want DOOM questions about doom, What the hell does what console its now on got to do with anything! And who cares about the movie!
BAH! Ok chaps! whats the name of the doom character?
Dude, its the internet. Just saying.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
SHIFTYMACO said:
I'm 17th, And I'm not happy, I want DOOM questions about doom, What the hell does what console its now on got to do with anything! And who cares about the movie!
BAH! Ok chaps! whats the name of the doom character?
Dude, its the internet. Its not as if you had to login with your REAL I.D. number and use your thumbprint as a password. Just saying.