Turkish Mayor Sued over Creation of Giant Robot Statue

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
That's a Gundam god dammit.

Do you even know what a transformer looks like.

Scarim Coral said:
Yup it is definitely a Zaku, a Zaku 1 to be exact
It looks like a bunch of Zaku models mixed together, probably more akin to Chinese Zaku knockoff.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hail Zeon!

Seriously though... Transformer-esque? Off to the Geek Reeducation Camp with you!

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
This is what happens when Japan starts building statues of giant robots: escalation. Now every country will have to start building giant robot statues.

First one to make an actual giant robot wins.

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
As funny as it seems to just build a giant robot statue. This is probably a severe case of government corruption. The mayor probably has a friend who "needed" some work, and this happened to work out as a convenient excuse, albeit a ridiculous one.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
They'll realize what a bargain this is when all the statues around GATTAI together to protect them

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Looks like the love child of a Zaku, and a Cylon. Robots are cool. Robutt wins.
The snout and mohawk kinda lean towards cylon more than Zaku which were usually bald or had a commander's horn.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
ThriKreen said:
Looks more like a Zaku from the Gundam series, not Transformers.
Precisely what I thought. I made a be-line to the comments before reading the rest of the article to point that out.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
A certain song is now stuck in my head...

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic. Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic. Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic. Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic.

Another dimension Another dimension Another dimension Another dimension

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
mysecondlife said:
A certain song is now stuck in my head...

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic. Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic. Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic. Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic.

Another dimension Another dimension Another dimension Another dimension
The...beastie boys? How have I forgotten this track until now?? You, sir, have stirred some ancient memories.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
I wouldnt expect The Independant to know its robots.

Well the mayor just got a lot of respect for me. its about time we get some recognition for something thats been active in our culture for decades. Certainly beats the current modern art. if you can call placing a rusted pipe and calling it a fancy name art. Yep, apparently my town spent millions on a rusted pipe.

Dango said:

theres an "All robots look the same" joke in there somewhere.

Capcha: Accidentally on purpose. not sure how that works capcha.

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
People always get upset about publicly paid for roadside artwork if it's not classicist.

I don't even think that's entirely without merit, leave the minority tastes up to the private sector.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Turkey recognizes that giant robots are the future and some wise ass sues him over it? Something wrong with people these days...

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Dango said:
It looks like a bunch of Zaku models mixed together, probably more akin to Chinese Zaku knockoff.
My thoughts as well. it's got the head of a zaku 1 with the mohawk-top of the tallgeese, the body of a zaku II and the legs of a gouf.

If the design choices were deliberate I'm actually pretty impressed by it. XD If that's what they got when they tried for transformers, then... they definitely didn't use google.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
It's still better than this
awful statue of Lucille Ball.

Yan007

Jan 31, 2011
Dango said:

Do you know what a Gundam is? XD

A Zaku is not a Gundam, it's simply a mobile suit.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if I found out that all my tax money had been wasted on something like that too.