Turning Point: The Fall Of Competence

Scubamike1978

Feb 13, 2008
Turning Point: The Fall of Liberty

Wow, what can I say Wow!

Way to take a promising premise and really drive it into the ground. I mean in 20 years I've played some truly awful games but these guys started by aiming at Quake 4 and then dropped their sights by a good twenty or thirty KILOMETRES!

This is easily the worst game I've played
- Terrible graphics, glitching and slow framerate.
- Abysmal level design.
- Plot? Gee you really make Quake look like literary genius.
- Unintuitive controls. I know, lets take COD and then remap it all. Awesome!!
- Random system crashes. On a copy n paste engine on a standardised console (Xbox 360). How?!?

These guys seem to have actively identified all the aspects that really make an FPS suck and just piled them on in there.

The grappling was potentially cool. In fact, for the first couple of levels it was easier to just run up to each enemy and Insta-kill them since you are a bullet-sponge and TRAINED Axis soldiers are far worse shots than a CONSTRUCTION WORKER.

Highlights? Hmm, Axis build a nuke in Occupied England rather than Germany? Running into the White House killing all the defending forces and THEN blowing it up? A CONSTRUCTION WORKER being the "best shot" in the army and innately familiar with the latest modern weapons that the Germans have developed? WTF!?!?! Who writes this stuff?
Hmm, lets see, there is a writer's strike on so lets get Larry's illiterate half-breed Rhesus Monkey to do the script!

Multiplayer? Well Shadowrun set my minimum benchmark pretty low but I'm actually afraid to look at your mulitplayer.
Not that I expect anyone actually plays it, but I'm afraid that even glancing at it will lower my expectations of any future games from you so fast that it will violate General Relativity.

Truly these guys deserve an award and I beg them: Please, please send your programmers, artists, script-writers, web-designers and level designers to the glue factory. And for the love of God let the play testers go!! The poor bastards have suffered enough already!!

Never make another game! Ever!! Please!!!

Is there any worse game on the Xbox 360? Anything?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Great rant.

Unless you meant it as a serious review. If thats the case, sigh.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
On the off chance that you did want this review taken seriously, here's a few cents.
Scubamike1978 said:
This is easily the worst game I've played
- Terrible graphics, glitching and slow framerate.
- Abysmal level design.
- Plot? Gee you really make Quake look like literary genius.
- Unintuitive controls. I know, lets take COD and then remap it all. Awesome!!
- Random system crashes. On a copy n paste engine on a standardised console (Xbox 360). How?!?
If you wanted to, you could delete the rest of the reveiw (save the title of the game and a few other bare essentials), and make a full review based on the bullet-points that you have here. The problem is that you didn't embellish on any of these, so you took the meat right out of your review. Like thiosk said, this is more a rant than review as it is. The other alternative would be to throw some humor around, but I'm not really detecting that either.