TV Channel Pulls Ad It Plagiarized From Sony

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
Scobie said:
The only effect either of those ads had is to get the "Montage" song from Team America stuck in my head.
We're gonna need a montage (montage)
Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Show a lot of things happing at once,
Remind everyone of what's going on (what's going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
To show it all would take to long
That's called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

you have to give it to sony, they do have some pretty entertaining commercials

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
dochmbi said:
Why should someone get fired over this? It's not unethical, and it's not illegal either since the copyright holder gets to decide what counts as infringement and what doesn't and in this case Sony has decided that it isn't infringement.
Plagiarism isn't unethical?

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Slim-Shot said:
Ironic Pirate said:
TV3? They wanted to name it TV but two other bastards had the idea first?

Well, I'm noticing a pattern here.
Haha our entire country has like half the population of New York City. We only have 4 State Broadcasters. Tv 1, 2 and 3 ... And then C4, which I'm guessing means Channel 4... I'm guessing they thought TV 4 would be pushing it too far.
I'm sorry but the C4 bit just cracked me up. *laughs*

Bruce Edwards

Feb 17, 2010
I *knew* that TV3 ad was familiar.

Haha, oh, so very busted.

I should point out to our non-NZ forum members that us Kiwis do have more than channels than TVOne, TV2, TV3 and C4.

We have Maori TV, which is a TV station paid for by the government that plays, uh, TV for Maori.

Most importantly, there is also Prime TV, which is owned by Sky and plays the TV shows the other channels don't want. Like Doctor Who, Deadwood, Star Trek, True Blood and Stargate.

Plus, if you have a digital receiver you can get TV6 and TV7, both of which play ten year old soaps and nature documentaries about how mining is bad and baby pandas are good.

Metaphor

Mar 11, 2010
I'm betting Dai jumped at the chance to pretend to be a rock star XD Shame on you TV3, once again.