Twilight Princess's True Form To Be Playable in Hyrule Warriors - Update

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Damn those legs. Why is Link so hot?

Anyways, I plan on getting the game eventually and this seems like some nice content add on. I like the big Midna way more than the small Midna. I believe I'm the minority as far as that goes.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Ganon's new 8-bit weapons don't just resemble keys, they are keys; specifically, the dungeon key and Lion Key (or Big Key, depending on translation) from the original Legend of Zelda.

Here, on the right:

Are these not awesome, by the way? Thank you Google Image Search... for once.

Also, WiiU exclusive Kingdom Hearts 3 confirmed.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Sweet mother of bacon strips, Midna looks sexy as fuck and yet retains a very regal air of authority. Props to the designers!

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Is this a Dynasty Warriors thing or what?

I'm not gonna bash on the game, but it's almost like every two weeks there is a new DLC pack for this game. Holy shit it's ridiculous.

Is this standard? Were this hinted at before hand?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:

I'm not gonna bash on the game, but it's almost like every two weeks there is a new DLC pack for this game. Holy shit it's ridiculous.

This DLC was hinted at before the launch of the game, just like all the DLC actually. That's why you can get the Season Pass and just get them all. DLC is pretty standard for Warriors games and their spin-offs, as the One Piece Pirate Warriors series has quite a few as well. It's all fun, and adds a good amount of content I say that's worth the price.

Nintendo had it on the site for a while now as well. I thought the Majora's Mask DLC was next, but that's not until January.

Altar

Apr 6, 2009
rasputin0009 said:
Sheen Lantern said:
Is it bad that I never finished TP?
Ya, kinda. The last half of the game was better than the first half. They saved all the good items for last, which is kind of disappointing. Double-Clawshot and Spinny-Gear-Top-Thingy are a lot of fun.
Too bad they saved the the worst dungeon in the game for almost last in my opinion at least. (The sky dungeon, whatever it was called again) Don't know why... but bah... just hated going through it.

Anyways... ahh well true form Midna, ay?! Still prefer her imp form... probably because that's because that's what she was for the entire game, thus got more attached to it I guess. Plus me thinks it looks better.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I was LOVING IT when I heard Midna would get her full, uncursed form. Not that I didn't think impish Midna wasn't great, she was ... she just smacked of the right amount of attitude that made her all the more believable as a person who has been spurned as opposed to a bleeding heart who only thonks of others, etc. I'm .... a bit testy with the design though, Midna's true from in twilight princess seems to be one which was elegant, without enforced demurity or excessive ornamentation. It felt like a natural look of someone who has a specific staple of wardrobe and is unflinching in her own wish to cut her own statement.

Hyrule Warriors' concept art of her is a bit ... I don't know, strikes me as a bit 'showy' ... which to be fair, Hyrule Warriors certainly is pretty square up not pandering to eye candy so much. Barring, of course, the natural inclusion of Cia ... but I think that bleeds well into her 'crazy vixen, demanding Link's love, relying on her physical attributes to dissuade from the obvious signs of bat shit crazy'-look (as I would argue, juxtaposed to her Guardian of Time outfit which is fairly restrained from any generic fantasy tropes).

All in all, I think Hyrule Warriors have shown female characters with a class and pragmatism that is kinda rare.

That being said, it could just be that her outfit seems a bit showy if only because she'll be having a much more action-orientated posture in comparision to the scenes in TP. Might just be a trick of the eyes.

All in all, I love Midna ... for the same reasons why I love Zelda in SS. She had an ineffable sense of cunning, sly style. And testament to the storywriters on that game, it turned out the excessive slyness and flirtations displayed by the character were more in lines of keeping Link focussed on the grander duty of defeating Ganondorf, as seen by her sudden tender and sofly playful attitudes delivered at the end of the game.

All in all, looking forward to seeing more love for Mida, and hopefully some new weapons for both forms. It'll be interesting whether her hair is still just as versatile a machine for pure pwnage now that she has ditched the Fused Shadows mask look.

I'm thinking a kusarigama or chakrams. Something strange-ish, yet still with plenty pof history and demonstaration as to their effectiveness. All in all, I am super-psyched for the DLC.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Neronium said:
Dragonbums said:

This DLC was hinted at before the launch of the game, just like all the DLC actually. That's why you can get the Season Pass and just get them all. DLC is pretty standard for Warriors games and their spin-offs, as the One Piece Pirate Warriors series has quite a few as well. It's all fun, and adds a good amount of content I say that's worth the price.

Nintendo had it on the site for a while now as well. I thought the Majora's Mask DLC was next, but that's not until January.
I see. I personally only remembered a handful of the announced DLC for the game. I guess I'm just not used to that much announced DLC for one game. Then again, DW games seems to of not been talked about all that much until Hyrule Warriors came about. At least on the Escapist.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:
I see. I personally only remembered a handful of the announced DLC for the game. I guess I'm just not used to that much announced DLC for one game. Then again, DW games seems to of not been talked about all that much until Hyrule Warriors came about. At least on the Escapist.
Warrior games were actually talked about quite a bit before the whole "Sexism/GG" stuff would push the threads down off the front page a lot. Especially when Jim was here, since he loves the Warriors series. Heck, I'm waiting for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 which comes out next year. :D
There's also a new Warriors thread in Gaming Discussion right now actually.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Zelda's face looks weird on Ilia. I don't like it. Probably biased since I loved Ilia's character in TP. Sure we don't really see the character's faces since the camera by default likes to be behind the characters, but I still find it bothersome.