Twitch Now Allows Username Changes

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Twitch Now Allows Username Changes

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1384/1384929.jpg
Twitch users will finally be able to change their usernames.

We all went through that embarrassing phase where we thought something like xXxVegeta69xXx would be an awesome Twitch handle. Unfortunately, once the phase passed you were stuck with your dorky Twitch username, as there was no way to change it. Not anymore! Twitch has announced that starting right now, one of its most-requested features: name changes, are here!

Users can now change their usernames once every 60 days - provided of course that the new username isn't already in use. The option is found in the Profile Settings page of one's Twitch account. An option to change the username is highlighted beside the existing one.

"Once you've changed your name, the abandoned username will be held by Twitch for a minimum of six months. After which, we may decide to return it to the pool of available usernames for the community and new users. We will not recycle partner usernames, except in special circumstances," said Twitch in a blog post [https://blog.twitch.tv/the-hype-is-real-name-changes-are-here-c629c4697154?sf58352669=1#.rmwf4flzy].

It should also be noted that the URL for your channel will change if you change your name, so be mindful of that.

Source: Twitch [https://blog.twitch.tv/the-hype-is-real-name-changes-are-here-c629c4697154?sf58352669=1#.rmwf4flzy]

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I am Darth Xanatar Meredu Googleplex Baragon The Fourth...but you may call me Bob.

(That IS useful if you chose a dorky name, I guess. Mind you, if you still have a cool one...)

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Cool, my Twitch name was the same as my username here, but I'd preferred to have something closer to my name and I didn't want to make an entirely new account.

(My name is already out there on Youtube, so it's not like I particularly care about Twitch.)

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I wanted to cut the "vials" off my "Zydrate" but the lone Zydrate is unavailable, goddamnit.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Zydrate said:
I wanted to cut the "vials" off my "Zydrate" but the lone Zydrate is unavailable, goddamnit.
It IS always rough when your clever name idea's been taken. I still give you credit for it, though.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Zydrate said:
It IS always rough when your clever name idea's been taken. I still give you credit for it, though.
The actual zydrate is following 1 person, 0 videos, 0 clips, 1 view (Likely me for going to their page), no avatar. Irritating.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Zydrate said:
FalloutJack said:
Zydrate said:
The actual zydrate is following 1 person, 0 videos, 0 clips, 1 view (Likely me for going to their page), no avatar. Irritating.
This is an insult to the Grave Robber and all the Genetic Opera.