Two and a Half Men: does it have to end

Stir72

Jul 14, 2010
Love it or hate it, the show is hugely popular and I don't see why it should end with the loss of Charlie Sheen. I think they're missing an opportunity here to move in a different direction.

What I'd like to see:

Charlie is dead, just have a funeral episode to remove the character. Alan inherits all of his money and the house. He's well off now, we get to see how he reacts to the sudden life style change. Judith kicks Herb out on his ass and he shows up on Alan's doorstep. Alan now has a freeloader living in his house and has to deal with the role reversal of being the one put-upon by an unwanted house guest.

I think Ryan Stiles and Jon Cryer could carry the show. It's not like they've lost a great actor, or even the most interesting character on the show, so why quit now? Big mistake to simply quit just because one of the lead actors is a douche.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
It should have ended a while ago, it isn't as funny as it used to be, plus look what happened to Scrubs after J.D left.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Since I made a point not to care about celebrities' personal lives (mostly because those type of people sicken me) I have to say that I rather liked Charlie. The chemistry between Sheen and Cryer's characters lead to some hilarious moments. Continuing on without Sheen just feels rather... cheap, like a spin-off. Though there were some decent shows that started that way...

Nyce1

Jun 25, 2010
If that John Ritter show 8 Simple Rules could air after he actually passed away then this show has a chance

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
It was ok at the beginning and continued going downhill. There was shark jumping and much flogging of the deceased equine.

I'm willing to bet they have a new sitcom ready to replace it with the same characters and wacky hijinks.

Dec 14, 2009
Time for American TV producers to do what they do best and keep trying to milk a show long after its expiry date. This show will be the next Scrubs.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Nyce1 said:
If that John Ritter show 8 Simple Rules could air after he actually passed away then this show has a chance
And I found that show to be BETTER after he passed.

James Garner and David Spade has a great dynamic going on...

gjkdioepppp

Dec 7, 2008
Well, your idea is good, but none of it needs to happen really.
If the show ends than at least Jon Cryer will get some good high profile roles now that he's had exposure on pretty much the biggest comedy show in the world for the best part of 10 years.
I can't really see the show being cancelled though, Charlie Sheen will probably just go into rehab, get clean for a while and then do another series before hitting the crack pipe again and repeating himself over and over...

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Even without Charlie Sheen it would probably still end up being 30 minutes of misogynist, stupid crap that appeals to the lowest common denominator.

There's no reason to try to save the show. I can only hope that it's replaced with something better.

Exo-Mike

Feb 14, 2010
It's one of my favorute shows

But I think it's close to jumping the shark

No Charlie Sheen no show really so I think they should let it go and leave us wanting more

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
The problem is that Sheen's character is the main character. A lot of people who watch the show like him for his dry humour and 'Oh that Charlie with his walking STIness'. Killing him off is a possibility and trying to keep the show going is an idea, but the problem is that Herb and Alan get along and have similar personalities. It just wouldn't be the same.
Well, it's not over yet, Either Sheen will say 'Fuck it' and give up or get his act together and do another season.
This is coming from someone who has this show in the background late at night when nothing is one too.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The whole concept can't last for long anyway. That kid, at one point, will stop being the "Half Man" and just grow up. It's bound to end sooner or later, and looking at the recent episodes, that'd better come quickly. Isn't that kid getting a car?

Nikokvaj

Apr 2, 2010
Personally I watch the show for the Bad Boy appeal, the degenerate nature of Charlie, Evelynn and Bertha is what carries it in my book.

I find Alan and Herb to be sad and irritating characters, and if it was reduced to them, I wouldn't watch it.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Nyce1 said:
And I found that show to be BETTER after he passed.

James Garner and David Spade has a great dynamic going on...
This has nothing to do with your post, but
NOW I'VE LOST IT, I KNOW I CAN KILL
THE TRUTH EXISTS BEYOND THE GATES

Anyways, as everyone else said, Scrubs 2.0, anyone?

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
It's ending?

Possibly the worst show I've ever seen is finally ending?

Oh glorious day!
Heh.

Yeah I'll be honest, if the show gets cancelled I won't exactly be mourning it's loss.

I can only hope that one of the 'actors' from the Big Bang Theory do the same thing as Charlie Sheen and that shit gets cancelled.

Then I will be satisfied.