Two quick questions

Trude

Nov 26, 2012
Still waiting on an update of Super Metroid and Fusion just so I can get them on a handheld again. A 3d rendition of Fusion would probably make me squeal.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Reboot: Final Fantasy Tactics. I might have said the original franchise, but I feel all the things it brought to the table that made it so fresh and interesting have now been done better by other series', particularly levelling, cinematic narration and complex plots.

The first FFT however, will probably always remain a unique beast that people have clamoured for a story sequel or prequel to for years (yes I realize FFXII is technically a prequel but its battle system was completely different; I would much prefer a rebalanced isometric turn-based system). We also now have far less censorship with things like Game of Thrones' stark (ha) depiction of medieval warfare and royal bloodletting being allowed. Aside from warriors' habit of raping the enemy's women at every opportunity, I think anything depicted in Dark Ages stories like the Warlord Trilogy would be permitted now so long as the game is rated appropriately.

HD: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. That's another one that I'd like to reboot in my own way with a sandbox jungle, exploration elements, and a return to the comic book's native American origins, but the first Turok is one of the only games I've played where I feel the graphics and low draw distances are a serious detriment to the player's enjoyment at present. You get constantly ambushed by enemies you can't even see in the fog. Some of the larger dinos you have to be right up next to them to see their entire magnificent bodies, and that's not healthy (also would like to see more dinos in general). In terms of sheer map size it remains the largest FPS ever and I love the soundtrack.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Barbas said:
I'd probably reboot the Final Fantasy series, because people tell me it needs one.
Final Fantasy reboots itself at every new entry so I'm not sure that would work.

Reboots I'd like to see I guess Sly because I loved that style of game and not enough of them are coming out.

HD remakes is obviously Vampire: The Masquerade despite it being riddled with glitches(I need an unofficial patch just to start the game) it still ranks as one of the best games of all times for good reason. They don't even need to make it HD just playable.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Generally I prefer dead IPs to stay dead. Then again, XCOM...

As for HD - Killer7. Tidy that up and anti-alias the fudge out of it and it'd look incredible. Think something would have to be done about some of the more lacklustre aspects of the game, though...

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Reboot: Medievil
This game was fantastic but it hasn't been touched in years other than a badly done psp remake of the first. I'd love to see what they could do with it after so many years.

HD Remake: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Shut your filthy mouth the Wii remake never happened.

Someone do something that doesn't suck with ether of these, please, I beg you.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
1. Mercenaries because I want more shit to blow up and more bombs to blow it up with.

2. Blood Moon 2 with Defiance combat.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
HD remake: Mischief Makers. Also, can someone please make a sequel for this game already? Even a spiritual successor would be great.

But I have to mention STALKER would also be acceptable.

Reboot: Fallout. Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some Fallout. But I think that the weight of the previous stories is starting to be a burden to the series. I think it would be better to reset the series and keep only the basic shape of the idea allowing the new developers much more flexibility in what they are making.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
I'd reboot Resident Evil.. the series has gone down hill since RE4 AKA the last good Resident Evil game. as for an HD remake.. Hmm... I'd do an HD remake of either Ultimate Spider-man or Persona 3+Persona 4 together in one HD colleciton.. i'm leaning more towards a Persona 3/Persona 4 HD collection though

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Samael Barghest said:
If you could reboot any game franchise, what would it be?
If you could have a HD remake of any game, what would it be?

I think I would like a reboot of the BloodRayne games and a HD remake of Def Jam Fight For NY.
1.Advent Rising, I liked the game and where it was going and would love to see the series pan out.
2.Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Samael Barghest said:
If you could reboot any game franchise, what would it be?
If you could have a HD remake of any game, what would it be?
Hmmm.....

REBOOT:
Castlevania - and this time make it follow the Castlevania lore, make the whole thing more of a 3D Metroidvania than a mishmash of God Of War, Zelda, and Shadow of the Colossus.
I'm fine with a game where you play as Dracula and become Dracula....as long as you ARE Dracula, and get to play as the brutal Lord of Darkness and BE the legendary monster that the Belmonts hunt, not a broody anti-hero conflicted guy with vampiric powers.

If they want to make a game about the dark hero, make it a game about Alucard, not Dracula.

But the series should be about the Belmonts - Simon, Trevor, Richter, etc, and their quest to keep Dracula's evil sealed away.

HD REMAKE:
The full MegaMan timeline - MegaMan, MegaMan X, MegaMan X Command Mission, MegaMan Zero, MegaMan ZX, MegaMan Legends

Remake the 2D MegaMan games in the graphics style of MegaMan 8 and MegaMan X4, except with HD resolution.
Remake the 3D MegaMan games in eyebleedingly gorgeous modern 3D. Possibly Ni No Kuni style.
Fix all the camera and control issues. Modernize everything.
Add cutscenes to all of the games to fill out the story. Replace all existing bad voice acting with new good voice acting.
Sort out the bullshit with X5 and X6 to where it doesn't fuck up the story.
Totally redo Command Mission and turn it into more of a MegaMan Legends style game, instead of a stupidly slow turn-based RPG that is totally out of place in a game series all about action and speed.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Reboot Baten Kaitos - Keep the battle system from Eternal wings and lost ocean.

HD remake Final Fantasy 9.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Oh.

REBOOT:
Sonic The Hedgehog.
Scrap EVERYTHING.
Reboot Sonic to be a VAST open world game. Seriously, give him space to use that speed.
Base the entire thing off of Sonic SatAM's world and the Archie Comics extension thereof, characters, story, etc.
Use whatever the best controls are. Sonic Adventure? Sonic Colors? Sonic Generations?....Saints Row IV?(Seriously, SR4 might be the best Sonic game).
No more of this Eggman bullshit. It's Robotnik.
No realistic humans. In fact, almost no humans at all.

Sonic has gotten totally retarded over the years, and SatAM/Archie proved it could be AWESOME. The dumbest thing the games ever did was ignore the greatness built up by SatAM/Archie.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
DrOswald said:
Reboot: Fallout. Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some Fallout. But I think that the weight of the previous stories is starting to be a burden to the series. I think it would be better to reset the series and keep only the basic shape of the idea allowing the new developers much more flexibility in what they are making.
Fallout doesn't really need a reboot. What it, and The Elder Scrolls, need is a COMPLETE overhaul of their gameplay, and to replace their stupid 18 year old game engine with something modern capable of handling gameplay that doesn't suck ass.

otakon17 said:
It needs an HD Remake AND sequels. Oh my god does it need sequels.

Savagezion said:
Reboot: Arcanum
Arcanum doesn't need a reboot. It needs an HD Remake and a modern sequel in a format akin to Skyrim/Fallout (except with good gameplay).

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Ieyke said:
DrOswald said:
Fallout doesn't really need a reboot. What it, and The Elder Scrolls, need is a COMPLETE overhaul of their gameplay, and to replace their stupid 18 year old game engine with something modern capable of handling gameplay that doesn't suck ass.

otakon17 said:
It needs an HD Remake AND sequels. Oh my god does it need sequels.

Savagezion said:
Arcanum doesn't need a reboot. It needs an HD Remake and a modern sequel in a format akin to Skyrim/Fallout (except with good gameplay).
I feel the same way with Arcanum. It would fit RIGHT in under Bethesda, first/third person with followers and the like. Hell, now I'm wondering if there is a way to mod a copy of FO3 or NV so it's a redo of Arcanum...

DragonLordSerge

Mar 13, 2012
1. I would reboot Megaman X and Legends just cause i would love to see the series be redone.

2. HD remake of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross i would love to see it done with the Crytech engine cause it would look amazing.

Hugh Wright

Apr 2, 2010
otakon17 said:
Savagezion said:
I feel the same way with Arcanum. It would fit RIGHT in under Bethesda, first/third person with followers and the like. Hell, now I'm wondering if there is a way to mod a copy of FO3 or NV so it's a redo of Arcanum...[/quote]
How is a reboot different from a modern sequel (other than in game time-line)Savagezion? I agree with otakon17 that Bethesda would probably do a good job of it.
As for HD treatment Legacy o Kain Soul Reaver

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
otakon17 said:
I feel the same way with Arcanum. It would fit RIGHT in under Bethesda, first/third person with followers and the like. Hell, now I'm wondering if there is a way to mod a copy of FO3 or NV so it's a redo of Arcanum...
Considering that Arcanum runs on the Fallout engine, and was made by the same people as Fallout, this has always seemed obvious to me.

I've always wondered why it never happened, but now that I've become so acutely aware of how bad Skyrim/Fallout's gameplay is, I don't want it to happen anymore until they fix it.