Two random questions.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
Alright guys, I was thinking about a couple of random questions to ask my friends, and decided to ask everyone on the Escapist for no reason whatsoever. I put both of them in one thread, because it would be pointless to make a forum for each of them.

1)What is something that you really enjoy, but you never really get to do and why(please don't put 'sex')?
2)What is your favorite smell and why?

Mine would be 1)having a fun, midnight conversations with someone I like, and 2)rain. I usually have problems getting to sleep, even when I'm really exhausted, so I'm always up until around 2-3 in the morning. The problem with that is that none of my other friends stay up that late, so it gets really boring and lonely. Also, I really love a good thunderstorm, but where I live, they always seem to go around us, so just smelling that rain makes me feel happier.

I know it's odd, but I think it's fun to see what people respond with and see how they think.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
1) Laser tag. Love love love it, but I rarely go play. I don't have anybody around me that I'd like to go play with (since I moved to New York I only know maybe 2 people I'd actually enjoy playing with). I could always go to an arena and make friends, but while I tend to make friends easily I'm on the antisocial side, so I generally don't bother.

2) Fried foods. Not like McDonald's fries or stuff like that, but something like a good, homemade chicken fried steak, or homemade chicken strips. I dunno, I think it just reminds me of home (I used to cook with my Mom a lot), and I have a deep love for fried food so that's what we made more often than not.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
1.I absolutely love to play football(American). I watch it occasionally, but I prefer playing it, as it's waaay more fun. I'd always wanted to join a league to play on a regular basis, or at least a school team. But between injuries and a lack of money, I never got the chance. Ah well.

2. Citrus fruits, strawberries, and fresh french fries. Those 3 scents never fail to make me hungry, they just always smell so good.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
1) Having conversations with other living beings that don't make me hate myself.

2) My neighbours house. It just has this distinctive smell that I can't get enough of. I think it's the laundry detergent they use or something.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
1) Hugging people. I'm very skinny and uncomfortable physically, so I rarely hug people, and when I do, it's usually a quick arms-only embrace. But I really like hugs.

2) When I was a child it was the scarf of my teddy bear. If comfort had a smell, that would be it. Nowadays, it's... probably taco mince. I love the smell of taco mince (or mince with taco sauce on it) so much it's unreal.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
1) Shooting. I'd love to take my shotgun to the range or my friend's house more often, but it's a tough call between ammo and a new game.

2) Bacon. I swear, if an attractive lass came up to me with a plate of bacon, I might propose on the spot.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
1) Solitude. I love being alone, and even though I spend all day in my room due to circumstances beyond my control (I talked about it in some other thread about venting, if you care), there's literally always someone at my house, which takes away the feeling of solitude. Being alone with myself, my thoughts, and my anthropomorphic conscience is just so much fun to me.

2) A good bonfire is the only identifiable scent I can list. However, I'll occasionally smell something that gives me a flashback. Those types of scents give me a feeling of complete physical and mental peace.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
1) swimming but there aren't too many decent pools near here and I'd rahter not join a gym for the occasional swim

2) banana bread baking, strawberries and warm clothes just out of the dryer - the bread reminds me alot of home, strawberries for summer and the clothes always makes me feel warm and cozy

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
1) I really enjoy dancing; other than doing so around my house, though, I rarely have the time to anymore, especially since I hurt my knee rather badly a few years back. I haven't been at the barre in years.

2) I love the smell of coffee. I hate the taste of it, and never drink it... but damn does it smell good. I'm not sure if that's my favorite smell (there's also the smell of brownies baking, and french fries, and vanilla, and lots of other things), but it's certainly up there.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
1. I am going to go with hugs. There is nothing quite like being in the arms of someone. A hug is no different if it a a stranger giving you one or someone you love, as long as it is a good hug.

2. I think lavender. Why? I am not sure.

Unstable Ark

Jul 26, 2011
Here goes

1) Writing. Back in high school, I used to write like crazy and enjoyed every minute of it. Now, my notebooks haven't been touched in years due to lack of inspiration and a BAD case of 'dem writer's block.

2)Winter. Maybe...urban winter? Hard to explain, but it's that scent in the air on particularly cold days that kind of smells a bit like smog and candied peanuts. I probably like it just for nostalgic reasons. Plus, bakeries and coffee shops get a lot of business during the winter, so passing by one is just heavenly.

By the way, this is the first time I ever had "Placenta" as my captcha...

cWg | Konka

Feb 9, 2010
/1 paintballing, i really love it be the isnt a course within 60 miles of my hometown

/2 cardboard boxs, not sure why but i love the smell of a new box

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
1) Dancing in a thunderstorm. Mainly because I'm a bit too shy to make myself that ridiculous, even though I love it.
You could solve the midnight conversation thing by making some friends in a different time zone. After all, it's always midday for somebody.

2) This won't come as a surprise, but I also do love that smell just after heavy rain. I think it's ozon, and it's wonderful.

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
Kargathia said:
You could solve the midnight conversation thing by making some friends in a different time zone. After all, it's always midday for somebody.
I believe that's what the internet is for...

Seriously though, I'd rather be in the same room with the person and just talk for hours. It feels a lot better when I can hang out with them and do other things besides talk.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
1) I don't often meet people who I can actually be honest about my interests, as long as often can be substituted with ever, or alternatively, I like being able to think, and brainstorm about things. It is hard to do though, between a family is always home, and thinks me being silent for more than 5 minutes means I'm depressed, and a friend who constantly bothers me about doing crap.

2) I agree with OP about the smell of rain, it's one of the benefits of living in Western Washington.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
1) Talking to people, but I don't have any friends...

2) I don't know, smell isn't really my strongest sense, roses maybe? I don't know, I like looking at them.

NinjaDuckie

Sep 9, 2009
1. I just adore sleepy conversations at one in the morning, especially when you're lying on top of the person you're talking to. That and listening to someone's heartbeat as you fall asleep. I've not had a chance to actually do that much; I had a short-lived time with the guy I'm in love with, but he's moved far away so I won't be able to do that any more. :(

2. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. [/obligatory]
Seriously, though. Freshly-cut grass in the late afternoon is a beautiful smell.