Two to See, what Will it Be? (Interest thread, 2 choices, you choose)

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Simply put in the title, three ideas with rough outlines wondering which I should invest in to, if the other choices gain popularity as well, then maybe I'll shelf them or work on them as well.

Shadowrun
A world of Cyberpunk and fantasy, where the meld of magic, technology, and more then most can imagine is prominent. Gargantuan corporations rule entire nations and constants wars of business, and force are rampant. With sabotage, espionage, and further committed by agents, the most prolific are shadowrunners. Agents whose identities and records connected to them are non-existent or shrouded deeper then any care to look, hiring themselves for jobs others are unwilling or incapable to act.
Set on a virgin planet discovered through mysticism and technological means, colonization, followed by a resource rush has made it a new frontier to start anew, rage war, and be cracked like an egg for all its worth.
How you influence it or act on it after 30 years sense its discovery is up to you, whether as a lone agent or otherwise.

Tower of Druaga
This old dog eh? Done a few times on the forum collapsing at points due to disinterest or loss of players, time has passed enough that I feel it might be worthy of bringing back around.
Set in a fantasy genre with possibilities for steam punk elements, you climb a multidimensional tower, each level practically an entire world to explore and find an entrance to ascend to the next. At the very top is the power to reach godhood, so far claimed by one alone.
Within is any number of cultures, locations, and races, each striving and surviving in their own ways. Whether you are an adventurer from without or within, your goals and purposes will differ. To obtain power, explore, quests for revenge, or simply searching for something lost.
This is unique with one of the features, everyone can have a chance to be a Gm and create their own level. Whether you want to or not is up to you, and below is the link to what is the original more or less.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.383286-The-Tower-of-Druaga-heroic-fantasy-p-II-Open

Credit goes to Asclepion who first introduced me to this.

Place Holder
WIP

Feel free to comment and question for details.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
Shadowrun. The other is a neat concept that, in my understanding, was very different from the actual "Tower of Druaga" series.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Both sound very interesting and I have characters in both universes!(If I can bring them that is)

But sadly all my votes go for Tower of Druaga because I would love to see that kick off again after all the fun times we had.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Oh... this is a hard one!

On the one hand; ToD was my second game on the escapist, and one of my favorites. I have several Tower of Druaga characters I made as part of a challenge (you know the one Raynoson) and I do want to play some of them.

On the other; SHADOWRUN! (so much fun). If it were Shadowrun, I would need to find out the flavor of the game before I could make a character (I ran into the problem with the last Shadowrun game, where I played a stealthy type in something that seemed more combat focused)

I would play either in a heartbeat, but if I had to pick one... I think I'd like to redeem my Shadowrunning.

Raynoson said:
Please let me know what sort of game you have in mind if you go with Shadowrun and feel free to copy the Shadowrun information from Limit of Infinity; located here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.375766-The-Limit-of-Infinity-A-Shadowrun-RP-Sign-up-Thread-Closed#14600878] if it saves you some time.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
hiei82 said:
On the other; SHADOWRUN! (so much fun). If it were Shadowrun, I would need to find out the flavor of the game before I could make a character (I ran into the problem with the last Shadowrun game, where I played a stealthy type in something that seemed more combat focused)
You just left too early. Everyone was getting attacked at the start and didn't know what was going on. As they uncover the truth of what's happening, then a stealth player could be invaluable. At one point they would have to sneak onto a military air base. At another, they would have to get past a booby trapped hallway (Cube style stuff, and a hydraulic press built into the floor).

We got through half the game. I'll rework the next half into a stand alone game when I get back from Thailand. And another Eva.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Asclepion said:
That's a shame; I wish I'd realized that. Either way, toward the end of my time in that game, I didn't really feel like there was anything for the character to add.

Evrant said:
I know; I just mean that when I played in Asclepion's game, I didn't do a very good job.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
I personally vote for the shadowrun idea, however I was looking forward to the tower of druaga game... I like avouleance's idea though too...

I'd be fine with either personally, but I want to see shadowrun on mars...

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
I'm leaning towards Tower of Druaga. I feel like it's time for me to get back into an RP, and this sounds promising.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Asclepion said:
Yes, yes it was, and glad to hear your input.
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:
There were some good times, and iffy ones and that, but you know?
hiei82 said:
EmperorZuma said:
It looks like shadow run is the winner for the dinner, though tower will have to simply wait and simmer.
hiei82 said:
Asclepion said:
avouleance2nd said:
My vote goes to tower
Anyway if you want to do cyberpunk you can do it as part of the tower.
It's sword and sorcery :p
Er mer Gerd! Iron Steam Golem Mern! But in all seriousness, mind if I borrow or use some of the information listed in your thread? I'm relatively new to Shadowrun in reality and I plan on taking some liberties, but so far sense the vote is leaning towards it I'm getting my dukes up.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Raynoson said:
Asclepion said:
Yes, yes it was, and glad to hear your input.
Mr.Ivebeenframed said:
There were some good times, and iffy ones and that, but you know?
hiei82 said:
EmperorZuma said:
It looks like shadow run is the winner for the dinner, though tower will have to simply wait and simmer.
hiei82 said:
Asclepion said:
avouleance2nd said:
My vote goes to tower
Anyway if you want to do cyberpunk you can do it as part of the tower.
It's sword and sorcery :p
Er mer Gerd! Iron Steam Golem Mern! But in all seriousness, mind if I borrow or use some of the information listed in your thread? I'm relatively new to Shadowrun in reality and I plan on taking some liberties, but so far sense the vote is leaning towards it I'm getting my dukes up.
Go ahead, that's why I gave the link. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Muy apologies in delay, dealing with some life issues and other things, not to mention holiday, Happy Chinese New Year!To whom it applies.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
I just got back from Thailand. You wouldn't believe the shit that happens there. I can't wait to go out somewhere again. :D

Any update, Raynoson?