Two Worlds II Trailers Mercilessly Mock Two Worlds

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The first one had some cool stuff in it but that didn't make up for the fact the game was just awful. If they think they know what made Two Worlds bad and can fix it all for Two Worlds II then i'm all for trying it out. I will be renting it first though and reading every review of it... i'm not making the same mistake twice.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Heh, I was planning on getting the game anyways, but this pretty much seals the deal. It's good to see a company take negative reactions in such great stride.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
I think that just because they are making fun of the old one it is making me want to buy the 2nd. I never played teh first due to the horrible reviews. But hopefully since they all realize it blew they will fix it and make a good game. We will see...

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
Omnific One said:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I live maybe 20 minutes away from Southpeak's headquarters in Virginia. The paper recently ran an article saying that Southpeak was ahead of the video game curve and was doing better than the rest of the industry. I had a good laugh when I saw that.
I have no idea what that reporter meant by "ahead of the curve", but they did triple (or was it quadruple) their revenue in 2009 over 2008. My opinion of them is that they are making cash in the hand held market (like a lot of smaller studios do, including ones that are local to me here in Brisbane, Australia).

You can actually do pretty well in the hand-held/phone/webby market these days, if you keep costs down.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Lord Honk said:
I thought Two Worlds was good, as in genuine fun. Guess I'm a lucky farmer to never have had any problems with the game, although it struck me from day 1 that you could aquire a skill designed specificaly against mounted enemies, and I have yet to find one xD

Anywho, I preordered TW2 long ago, if I have as much fun with it as I had with the first one, I don't care how bad it is :D
Yeah, my one regret was there were a couple broken skills like that. Dehorse was probably the most egregious though.there were no mounted enemies. The dehorse skill just ironed out their intention to include them.

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell I finished that sentence with...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Well it takes balls to admit when the work you did was so bad, you just have to come out and make fun of it before anyone else makes it to the punch upon announcing you actually want to make a sequel to it.

Respect at the very least, and for this, the slate is clean and I will await news of Two Worlds II with an open mind.

sinestro1940

Nov 26, 2009
Oh yeaaaaah... I remember this game! I actually rented it once for my Xbox. It was either "Two Worlds" or "Bioshock", so I said, "The hell with it, I'll go with Two Worlds." Little did I know that the mistake I made that fateful day at Blockbuster would be one of the worst mistakes in my entire life...

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Scobie said:
Of course, the question here is why they're making a sequel at all, given that everyone on Earth apparently thought Two Worlds was horrible.
Because Two Worlds had good ideas, it just did not form properly. God forbid a developer tries to make things better the second time.

Saying Two Worlds is bad is like saying Burger King is bad, or a all you can eat buffet is bad. Maybe the quality is low, but you get alot for a little. I wont say it was some amazing game, but it is not as bad as people say it is. It gave you alot, and most of the criticism seems to be silly things. (Graphics, bad WRITING (most of the main cast did fine, but even Patrick Stewart would sound silly if reading a bad script))

*Is proud to be excited for Two Worlds II*

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Chipperz said:
w-Jinksy said:
and from the trailers the game looks a million times better and anyone whos a fan of angryjoe and has seen his preview on the game the combat is much better the graphics are good and the framerate is very smooth.
It could look like real fucking people but if they don't sort out the script/voice acting it'd still be bollocks.

"Verily and forsooth, who talks like that?" This got a laugh from me, because it's my main complaint with the game! Most writers can't seem to get a grip on how that kind of writing works and throw it in to be "old world", when in fact it just sounds "shit". While I still don't have high hopes for the game, I have a lot more respect for the developers now.
obviously you have never been to mediaeval fair or been to a enthusiastic DnD session.

But yeah i agree i hope they don't sound like a bad larp session.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I loved Two Worlds.

Sure the first few times I tried to play it led me to rage-quit out of frustration over its many, many little flaws but if you manage to persevre long enough to see past these issues it actually becomes pretty awesome.

The voice acting is lol-tastic and it generates lots of little "heh" moments with some of the dialogue. Even now, having not played it for ages, I still occasionally say, "Ahh, rain again." when it rains.

My biggest annoyance with Two World was just how short the endings to the game were, coupled with the inability to play on afterwards. Considering how free-roam the game was, it would have been nice to mop up the remaining quests.

TBH I would be happy if they just took Two Worlds and polished it up.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Everything I've seen of Two Worlds 2 makes me think that these people learned from their mistakes.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
John Funk said:
It's clear that the developer and publisher are aware of what was bad about Two Worlds. Let's hope that they can fix it for the sequel instead of ]b]just making fun of it.[/b]
Why? Doing just that for the sequels made the Evil Dead series a cult classic.

Matt_LRR said:
John Funk said:
Midlothian, Vancouver
Vancouver? You sure that's not VA. Like, Virginia? :p

-m
Midlothian, Vancouver sounds like some kind of sea-side resort for EVIL.

"Come see the great vistas of Midlothian, or perish! Only fifteen minutes from downtown Vancouver."

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
I like a company that can poke fun at itself. Maybe Two Worlds was so bad so they could use it in the ad for the much better sequel?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Scobie said:
Of course, the question here is why they're making a sequel at all, given that everyone on Earth apparently thought Two Worlds was horrible.
Interesting question. Not sure, depends on if the fictional world they created for it was awful too or not. If it was alright, that'd be why - they wanna give it another chance with a good game to tell it. If not...well, I'm out of idea's.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I just caught a few trailers from Two Worlds 2 on the EB games website. I found it randomly while looking at the Game Dayz Special. The main trailer for it doesn't look too bad at all. It kinda looks similar to Morrowind or Oblivion. Not too sure if I'll pick it up, but multi-player might be a nice touch ^~^!