Two Worlds III Development Announced

Nick Monroe

Oct 8, 2015
Two Worlds III Development Announced

Topware announced production of Two Worlds III, along with DLC and overhaul updates for Two Worlds II

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1302/1302952.jpgEarlier today, Topware Interactive posted a major announcement on their Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/TopwareInteractive/posts/10153973662430761] unveiling their plans for the Two Worlds series. The first of these was confirming that Two Worlds III development had started.

"TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump studios have some exciting news! We are pleased to announce that after earning multiple awards and selling over ten million units, Reality Pump Studios has officially begun work on the third part of our blockbuster RPG series, Two Worlds!

Two Worlds III is currently in the concept stage and scheduled for development over the next 36 months. Keep an eye out for further announcements."

But they had more news as well. To lay the groundwork for the next game, Two Worlds II was going to receive updates to both the singleplayer and multiplayer components of the game. They announced eight new online maps and two story DLC campaigns: Call of the Tenebrae and Shattered Embrace. The first of these DLCs slated to arrive Q2 2016, according to their website [http://www.callofthetenebrae.com/en/].

"The first DLC, entitled Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae will be available at the end of Q2 2016 and focuses on the Hero's return to Antaloor, where he witnesses the shocking murder of DarPha! The killers are a never-before-seen tribe of hideous, rat-like creatures known only as "The Chosen", who control a mysterious, powerful new magic! Their genocidal plot threatens every living creature in Antaloor, and it's up to the Hero to find a way to stop them!"

[gallery=6084]

They also announced a new engine update for Two Worlds II, that will allow for a "higher level of character and landscape detail" along with co-op multiplayer and achievement additions to the game.

Sources: Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/TopwareInteractive/posts/10153973662430761]
Website [http://www.callofthetenebrae.com/en/]

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
If there was ever a game to ask "why is this a thing?" this is certainly one of them. :/

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Huh...so this series has some kind of success then? Weird. No mention of any platforms here though. Is it just PC?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Maybe they learned from their mistakes. I remember just watching a few trailers and gameplay videos of the second one and the writing and voice acting was so dreadful it was enough to put me off. Apparently gameplay was also completely messed up and unintuitive and everything took 16 commands to do instead of one.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Who the hell asked for this? No one! The last two games were the definition of forgettable mediocrity at best.

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
Adam Jensen said:
Apparently gameplay was also completely messed up and unintuitive and everything took 16 commands to do instead of one.
It wasn't all that complex from what little I've played, but it was beyond boring. The writing was standard Reality Pump (bland, pointless, with the occasional gem along the lines of "Say hello to death!") but without the hammy The Room-type quality (or lack thereof) the first game had.

Easily has the worst inventory screen I've ever seen, though.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Aside from a few awful bugs that would freeze the game, the first Two Worlds wasn't bad. TW2 was better if you got the overhaul mods to fix some issues and merge the DLC and Co-Op stuff. There's kind of a cult following to the second game. I didn't hate them and a third one if the devs learn lessons from the first and second releases could be good.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
It's difficult to write anything more than "What? But why?"

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
How the flip does Two Worlds get a third (THIRD!) game when we haven't had a Beyond Good and Evil 2 yet, or all the other games that we've never gotten a sequel for?

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
Apparently, all of my friends have been lying to me, because I cannot think of a single person that enjoyed the first game in the slightest, and I cannot think of a single person that considered the second game as anything more than mediocre.

Maybe the third one will be good. But if the story makes it where I should drag myself unwillingly through the first two games to understand what is going on, then I am not going to hesitate to pass this title up.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...well, hopefully they hire some voice actors for this one. Or at least someone who knows how to edit a script. As bad as everything else was, having characters drone at me with stock-standard fantasy drivel was mind-numbingly dull.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
but.. but...

Two worlds three is nowhere near as catchy as two worlds two!
And how are you going to differentiate them when you shorten it down? It'll still be TWT!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I just want to remind the people who think that maybe this company has gotten better that they made Raven's Cry and the remake. The voice actors they hire are still shit, they're missing voiced lines so conversations go silent randomly, combat is still shit, and buggy as all hell.

Two Worlds was one of the most unoptimized games I've ever seen. It had constant lag on the Xbox version and ran no better on PC on the lowest settings. The second game was slightly better, but that's like saying a turd on the ground is slightly less stinky than the first. I was honestly hoping we wouldn't see anymore of this developer or series.

sonicneedslovetoo

Jul 6, 2015
I remember my friend playing Two Worlds 2, the controls were just completely screwed, like sneak and run were the same button. So if you were trying to sneak while moving, you'd sprint off a cliff, and if you wanted to get moving and start sprinting you would be sneaking because the button was contextual depending on if you were moving or not. I honestly don't even know how I have the second game in my steam library at all.

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
GarouxBloodline said:
Apparently, all of my friends have been lying to me, because I cannot think of a single person that enjoyed the first game in the slightest...
Like I said in the (currently) only FB comment on the article, the first game is good in the same way The Room is.

Elfgore said:
I was honestly hoping we wouldn't see anymore of this developer or series.
For some reason, Reality Pump still exists. I guess SOMEONE has to make the crap games.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Based on what I've heard the lst one was mediocre at best, and the 2nd one was slightly above average and had a fun magic system. So...third time's the charm?

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
It's Reality Pump and Topware. The only possible charm here is that maybe failing will finally kill both of them harder than an EA acquisition.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I saw this and screamed YES!. I know a lot of people like to hate on this game, but a lot of people like to hate on things they don't bother to experience and take on other's opinions instead of their own.

I'm so buying this when it comes out. I wasn't expecting a 3rd game, but I didn't expect a 2nd. Guess I need to go replay both.

I know the first game had a lot of low quality stuff, but it had a lot of stuff, and a lot of neat ideas that few people got to see since they likely never even played the game. I liked the alchemy, and the combining of items. I liked the large open world and interesting plot. I liked that the first game ends with you actually getting to choose to side with the bad guy if you want. Not even my favorite game series The Elder Scrolls lets you do that. (The canonical ending is that you lose, and 2 starts you off as the villain's captive).

I hope the online is much expanded on. I liked 2's focus on a separate story, while I liked the more openness of 1's and I hope for a combo of the two.

Really excited for this unappreciated series next game.