U mad bro racist?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm30cepvMQA

Seriously? How do you find anything related to race in this? Why is Fox not from the internet and always so dumb? Its so depressing to see people take offense out of nothing.

For discussion value, how hard did you laugh?

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
The stupid, it hurts my brain. I pray the news station was trolling, I really do.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Fox News said:
According to the Urban Dictionary, which is basically the Wikipedia of slang, the phrase 'u mad bro?' means: To make a raging person rage even more by asking the most ironic question.

Fox did their homework (simple and unreliable as it may be to use the Urban Dictionary).

I don't think they presented it in the wrong light. I think that the story was going to come out as a fight against racism, one way or another- no matter how ignorant some people may be.

AwkwardTurtle

Aug 21, 2011
Damn. I didn't realize Urban Dictionary became a socially acceptable source for news.

I don't know. Fox always comes out with hilariously ridiculous stories. At this point I don't know why the station still has any credibility at all. :D

Also, on topic: I don't really find the "You mad bro?" to be racist. o-o' I mean sure they can say it's mean spirited, but doesn't seem to be racist at all. If you really wanted to make a big deal about it Fox should have called it sexist. "WHAT?!?!? ONLY BROS(aka men) COULD BE MAD AT THIS POINT?!?!? SEXIST!" :D

Kreal92

Jun 17, 2011
If anything, I'm offended by this news report. Since when is "bro" reserved to only black people to say? I have many close friends of whom we refer to each other as "bro". Hell, unless proven to be an asshole, any guy I meet is "bro" by default. They're just looking for attention/basis for class lawsuit.

MadTinkerer

Dec 5, 2008
Okay, wait: I don't think Fox was the troll here. I think they were being trolled by person #2 in the following scenario:

Person 1: What does that sign even mean?

Person 2: I bet it's racist.

Person 3: No wait, it's just an internet thing.

Person 4: Did someone say racism?

Person 2: Yeah, that sign is racist!

Person 5: Whoa, what's all this racism over here?

Person 1: That sign is racist!

Person 3: But it's not... I'm just going to leave now.

Person 2: Let's call the cops on these racists! And Fox News!

LegionDre

Sep 2, 2010
Nobody suspects the Spanish inquisition!

-Person 1
" Yes I would certainly think that it was a form of racism"

-Interviewer
" And would you say that you are mad about it... bro?"

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
EcksTeaSea said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm30cepvMQA

Seriously? How do you find anything related to race in this? Why is Fox not from the internet and always so dumb? Its so depressing to see people take offense out of nothing.

For discussion value, how hard did you laugh?
That is just fucking hilarious . . . it's a race pimp applying his trade. "You mad Bro?" is an INTERNET MEME started by pasty white nerds, and made popular by everyone else . . . it's not racist becasue bro is to make fun of douchebag frat boys that everyone makes fun of. It's got NOTHING to do with race, so saying it's a racial slur is creating a problem so you can fix it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I wouldn't have thought it was racist, but then I'm not a black person living in the US. I admit that they are in a position to know better than me.

Secondly...UD? Well, at least they cited their source, I guess...

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Fox News said:
Facepalm. Just...facepalm. This is one of the most innocent (if rather antagonising) comments you can find on the internet. There are no connotations to it at all, it is simply intended to annoy.

Fox. Slow news day much?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
No one's going to notice that Fox themselves didn't uphold the racist card, but simply reported, like everyone says they should?

...No? Everyone's going to ignore that because making fun of Fox isn't old yet? OK, I'll shut up.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Idsertian said:
Fox News said:
Facepalm. Just...facepalm. This is one of the most innocent (if rather antagonising) comments you can find on the internet. There are no connotations to it at all, it is simply intended to annoy.

Fox. Slow news day much?
Fox didn't even say it was racist... some black guy did. And slow news day... well, it IS Labor Day...

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Ok, for clarification, someone please explain to me why FOX News deserves any hate here? If it was any other news network, no one would be ripping on them based on how this was presented. FOX News did nothing more than report the story, giving no sides, and giving some basic information on what the term meant.

Is it a more trivial story to air in the first place, yes, but then again, I really only keep tuned into BBC World News, so I don't really care much about more local stories. I'm just confused as to why people are bashing on FOX News when they've done nothing bad in the report except apparently exist to some people.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Didn't laugh, just facepalmed. Facepalmed very hard.

I guess, the only real response to this situation is:

"U mad bro?"