U.S and South Korea Target of Cyber Attack

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
murphy7801 said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
If it the North Koreans we will be fine. They have already pissed the U.N. of for the last time. The U.N. will probably send in some mercenaries on there behalf to assasinate thier crazy leader.
Meh why bother just let them starve to death
Nice one.

How does the U.N. actually assasinate leaders? Like every freakin country is in the UN, or has a major ally in it. It'd be like making a global PSA and telling the leader that people are coming to kill him/her.

Plus China and Russia are a major power in the U.N., and something tells me they're not exactly going to make this easy on the West.

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
fluffybacon said:
This really isn't surprising, we get hacked by china all most daily. I personally know (of) several people who have hacked into government organizations(nasa, department of defense ect.) for fun.
Really? I had friend who was a very dedicated hacker and spent his life learning programming/math and such, and got into Air Force once or twice.He was hacking one day and said he "accidentally" hit some CIA stuff while doing this, within a few minutes they were at his house, asked him some questions,dismantled his computer, and took his hard drive.

He also participated in "street races" (this is Alabama it was more like a street duel between two people considering it was just him and a friend) on the interstates and certain roads at night.

He's in the Army now, and does tech for them.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Sipher107 said:
How great is this..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31789294/ns/technology_and_science-security/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090708/ap_on_go_ot/us_us_cyber_attack

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/north-korea-could-be-behind-hacking/article1211389/

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1922752/north_korean_cyber_attack_shows_danger.html

A cyber attack in my opinion is much worse then what anyone can achieve by just flying a plane into a building, or anything.
What do you think?

Who do you think is behind this cyber attack.

Since it was the U.S and South Korea who were hit by this, I think its pretty much certain it was the North Koreans.
Wow the north korean government can afford computer`s nowdays?? where`s this cash windfall coming from??

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Kogarian said:
murphy7801 said:
If it the North Koreans we will be fine. They have already pissed the U.N. of for the last time. The U.N. will probably send in some mercenaries on there behalf to assasinate thier crazy leader.
Nice one.

How does the U.N. actually assasinate leaders? Like every freakin country is in the UN, or has a major ally in it. It'd be like making a global PSA and telling the leader that people are coming to kill him/her.

Plus China and Russia are a major power in the U.N., and something tells me they're not exactly going to make this easy on the West.
The UN just tells the Americans to send in the cia to cock it up then a strange set bombing happen in a rebellion

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
wikicated said:
well doesnt crashin a plane into building kill people i know this simplistict view but why comlpicate

so i vote crashing a plane into building does more damage even though the government was behind 9/11

it all a conspiracy man. >.>
Disrupting the communications is always a large blow to anyone...vital messages might not be sent, important work will slow, etc. Destroying a building is more of a public demonstration than it is 'damaging'...even the poorest State could fund to rebuild it. Well, not California, Pennsylvania, and a few other ones. But that's just stupidity on their part.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
wikicated said:
well doesnt crashin a plane into building kill people i know this simplistict view but why comlpicate

so i vote crashing a plane into building does more damage even though the government was behind 9/11

Well if a hacker can do something to our powegrid, or our water, they can do something that can leave us vulnerable to another attack, potentially killing people too.

Either way we can both agree neither is good.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
murphy7801 said:
That will take way to long. Nuke them now and get it over with.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
timmytom1 said:
Sipher107 said:
How great is this..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31789294/ns/technology_and_science-security/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090708/ap_on_go_ot/us_us_cyber_attack

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/north-korea-could-be-behind-hacking/article1211389/

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1922752/north_korean_cyber_attack_shows_danger.html

A cyber attack in my opinion is much worse then what anyone can achieve by just flying a plane into a building, or anything.
What do you think?

Who do you think is behind this cyber attack.

Since it was the U.S and South Korea who were hit by this, I think its pretty much certain it was the North Koreans.
Wow the north korean government can afford computer`s nowdays?? where`s this cash windfall coming from??
I read sites that said that the Nkoreans could of hired other people to do it. I read an possible one was Iran, or just people.
A hacker could be your neighbor could of been hired to do it?

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Jester Lord said:
murphy7801 said:
But we might lose some of the best star craft players in the world if any back lash hits south Korea!

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
murphy7801 said:
murphy7801 said:
Actually if you read online new that the Government doesn't want to get out of hand, North Korea has been using ALL of its money to buy WMDs and top of the line hard ware. Also they pissed the U.N. of when there leader says if the U.N. tries to stop them from making Nukes it will be declared an enemy of North Korea. That guy is a nut job, hopefully he will get his one way ticket to the seventh ring of hell sometime soon.
they also have a food shortage
That because there spending soooo much cash on anything the army thinks is cool or 'useful'. Why the helll would North Korea invest in an Exo suit?

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
murphy7801 said:
murphy7801 said:
Actually if you read online new that the Government doesn't want to get out of hand, North Korea has been using ALL of its money to buy WMDs and top of the line hard ware. Also they pissed the U.N. of when there leader says if the U.N. tries to stop them from making Nukes it will be declared an enemy of North Korea. That guy is a nut job, hopefully he will get his one way ticket to the seventh ring of hell sometime soon.
they also have a food shortage
That because there spending soooo much cash on anything the army thinks is cool or 'useful'. Why the helll would North Korea invest in an Exo suit?
Because there leaders nuts.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Wow people in this thread have been watching way too many movies.

Number 1: It wasn't a "hack". These were Denial of Service attacks. What a DoS means is that someone using a bot network had their network request data from the web servers the web sites run off of. Enough zombie comps in the bot network sending thousands of requests a second and boom you get Denial of Service.

In other words they flooded the web servers with useless requests so that the servers either crashed or were severely slowed down. For example it happens when small websites get exposured and are bombared with so many visits the budget servers they are run on can't handle them so they crash.

Number 2: What was affected in this denial of service attack was the public government run websites; for example Whitehouse.gov, blah blah blah. Private web mail servers used by the government weren't affected.

Number 3: Things like power grids and really anything of vital importance to the country are run off of private Intranets which are usually restriced to only that area/region/etc and are not connected to the regular Internet in any way shape or form.

So yeah calm down people.

Edit: As far as who actually did it, they're are plenty of bot networks around. Many in china, russia, the u.s...any country with computers actually. And plenty of people who control these bot networks frequently rent them out to anyone. It's their business basically. They can shutdown a companies website, crap like that for fees. Hell they even attack competitors bot networks...god I read to much crap lol.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
murphy7801 said:
Jester Lord said:
murphy7801 said:
But we might lose some of the best star craft players in the world if any back lash hits south Korea!
Hmmmm, you're right. Then I suggest we send in strike teams to nutrilize their government or something else that is violent.

wikicated

Jun 7, 2009
Sipher107 said:
wikicated said:

Well if a hacker can do something to our powegrid, or our water, they can do something that can leave us vulnerable to another attack, potentially killing people too.

cant we all just get along.

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008
Tell me did anyone notice anything until the news said it happen, fuck do we even know if there was a cyber attack? We could be getting lied to or the news could be getting lied to do not blindly believe what is said on the news.

For all we know Obama or someone is trying to sell a war.

Would you have noticed unless you were told?

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Jester Lord said:
murphy7801 said:
Jester Lord said:
murphy7801 said:
Hmmmm, you're right. Then I suggest we send in strike teams to nutrilize their government or something else that is violent.
South Korea saved by star craft

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Title is wrong, story is wrong.
US was not 'hacked'

a Denial of Service attack is taking multipule computers and sending constant repetitive messages to a single IP which then overwhelms it and causes it to crash. imagine it like this, every one in the city of new york (some 8 million people) mail you a peice of paper with the letter A on it. individually this is insugnificant, however with 8 million strong, they can quite litterally bury you with the amount of paper they send.

hacking is bypassing security protocols and getting access to a computer network which you are not supposed to have access to which allows you either take information or reprogram the network as you see fit. think of it like some one picking the lock to your front door and stealing you credit card or rearranging your living room.

what was done was a massive 4chan-esque DoSA (denial of service attack) which only effected public side of all of these sites meaning outsiders could not access them, the private servers of these sites stayed functional.

there really isn't much you can do against DoS attacks other than limiting the access of unknown accounts which is what the NYSE and NASDAQ did. so long as a server is accessable to the public the threat of a DoSA looms...

but in all honosty... the seriousness of this?
very low.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
murphy7801 said:
Jester Lord said:
murphy7801 said:
Jester Lord said:
murphy7801 said:
South Korea saved by star craft
For now...
(evil laughter)

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
wikicated said:
Sipher107 said:
wikicated said:

cant we all just get along.

Not while we are all human.