Ubisoft and Square Enix E3 2019 Press Conference.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

Just setting this thread up.

My hopes for Ubisoft: Splinter Cell and that it looks and plays like the first 3 games. A FarCry that takes place in Africa again. An Assassin's Creed that takes place in the Middle Ages Europe or Middle East.

My hopes for Square: Really I don't know what to expect since they already got done with their big 3 long term development games. Final Fantasy 15, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and Kingdom Hearts 3. My only hope is a Final Fantasy 16 that looks like a Medieval fantasy setting like the first 5 games with Black Mages and what not.

As for their Eidos made games, who knows what they have. A new Deus Ex in the Human Revolution period and art style? A better Thief game then the last?

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Can't really see anything interesting coming out of Ubisoft or Square. Ubisoft is just going to announce like Ubisoft: The Game 21, 22, and 23. Square will announce games that don't get released for like 10 years and mostly likely aren't very good anyway. Eidos maybe they do something somewhat interesting.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ubisoft's turn in 5 minutes.

Gonna somewhat side with B-Cell in that the new Splinter Cell is probably gonna be more Ubisoft Open World nonsense.

And not even an open world built around stealth gameplay.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
All these Tom Clancy games and yet none of them appeal to me enough with the slight exception to Rainbow Six Quarentine and its only because of its gameplay ideas.

There hasn't been a good Rainbow Six game since Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield (Sorry Vegas and Siege Fans)

There hasn't been a good Ghost Recon Game since Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike on the original Xbox (Sorry Advanced Warfighter fans)

There hasn't been a good Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory (Sorry Double Agent Fans)

And H.A.W.X and EndWar were wasted opportunities.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
No splinter cell. bunch of terrible games. dumbed down ghost recon.

Splinter cell is dead. ubisoft only want to make another open world games. this is even worse than bethesda conference.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
B-Cell said:
No splinter cell. bunch of terrible games. dumbed down ghost recon.

Splinter cell is dead. ubisoft only want to make another open world games. this is even worse than bethesda conference.

Ghost Recon hasn't been good since this:

Remember when Tom Clancy games were focusing more on tactics and realism and lite Mil-Sim elements?

None of this gaudy as fuck stylized look and feel they are going for these days?

Feb 26, 2014
Unfortunately, I only cared about Watch Dogs. Hacker Grandma is amazing and I want her in everything! Aside from that I kinda fell asleep near the end so...

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Gods & Monsters seems kind of nifty. Wonder how much it will be like Breath of the Wild?

Watch Dogs: Legion looks kinda cool and has a solid idea. We'll see once it comes out if they completely overdid the interaction between all these random characters like Shadow of War did in their first gameplay trailer.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Elfgore said:
Gods & Monsters seems kind of nifty. Wonder how much it will be like Breath of the Wild?

Watch Dogs: Legion looks kinda cool and has a solid idea. We'll see once it comes out if they completely overdid the interaction between all these random characters like Shadow of War did in their first gameplay trailer.
I am guessing Gods and Monsters is basically "stand alone Assassin's Creed Odyssey" with even more expanded upon gameplay.

Feb 26, 2014
Square Enix E3 Showcase
Final Fantasy 7 - Damn this game looks good. This mix of real time and turn based combat looks better than whatever XIII had. Kind of reminds me of XII, actually.
Kingdom Hearts 3 ReMind - I'm down for more KH3
Dragon Quest Builders 2 Playing the first game now, and I like it. The second looks really good, so I'm looking forward to this.
Outriders That was a big boy!
Onikai - Looks neat
Marvel's Avengers - God dammit.

Lots of remakes of games I've never played. Can't say I'm all that interested

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
-FFVII: Goddammit Nomura...At least someone blackmailed him into remembering that Cloud has a sense of humor. And Tifa
-Saga: Looks neat
-Last Remnant Switch: Cool
-Dragon Quest XIS: The real seller is the sprites. Too bad the composer is a monster
-Avengers: Oh god, live service. And done. I'll stick with Ultimate Alliance 3, thank you

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well I'm more interested in the ff7 remake then I had been. Its looking really good now.

Neat a remaster of ff8.

Thats pretty much all I got.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Watch Dogs 3. Now in Big Brother London.
Set in the isle of Airstrip One.

...does that make the protagonist Winston, or Goldstein? 0_0