Ubisoft and Square Enix E3 2019 Press Conference.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Cautiously hopeful for Watch Dogs Legion. Watch Dogs 2 was low-key one of my favourite games of the generation. I'm a bit afraid that Legion will move away from its tone, though. I enjoyed 2s light-hearted techie utopism a lot more than 1s gritty vigilantism. Legion looks closer to the latter than the former.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Somebody explain to me what the Avengers game is supposed to be, why am I hearing things about a live service???

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Samtemdo8 said:
Elfgore said:
Gods & Monsters seems kind of nifty. Wonder how much it will be like Breath of the Wild?

Watch Dogs: Legion looks kinda cool and has a solid idea. We'll see once it comes out if they completely overdid the interaction between all these random characters like Shadow of War did in their first gameplay trailer.
I am guessing Gods and Monsters is basically "stand alone Assassin's Creed Odyssey" with even more expanded upon gameplay.
It's like "What if we made Assassins Creed Odyssey, but more colorful and more mythology BUT....not an assassins creed game?"

Honestly, I hope it is more like BOTW in Mythological Greece, because as much as I've enjoyed Odyssey, I'm more then ready to be done with it. The only reason I'm still playing is because the Atlantis DLC isn't finished yet. Once that's done I'm out.

Hopefully Gods and Monsters feel fresh and new, but there's that nagging feeling that ubisoft is gonna Ubisoft it up like all other games(Towers/Collectibles). Crap, that's what BOTW did too, didn't it?

undeadsuitor said:
While I'm optimistic about Legion, I'm pessimistic that the new "gather generic randomized operatives, who can die for real, to complete missions." Is just going to end up like the orcs from those lotr games.

Loooots of microtransactions incoming
Yeah, the idea of "Recruit anyone/everyone" doesn't feel like it jives with "Each character is interesting/unique" like the 3 shown in the gameplay footage. In fact, it makes the gameplay footage feel incredibly scripted.

Nobody doubts that Ubisoft can pull off big, busy open worlds. That's their bread and butter. It's making the more dynamic content feel special is where they've struggled(granted, making dynamic anything feel special is hard in general).

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Watch Dogs 2 was pretty trash, even worse than the first game which was mediocre but at least it had memorable characters that didn't make me cringe every 5 seconds.

Legions gimmick is interesting, I'm gonna give them that. After 2 I really doubted they were gonna get me interested in a third game.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Bob_McMillan said:
Somebody explain to me what the Avengers game is supposed to be, why am I hearing things about a live service???
because it is. that about all they made clear other than the discount brand MCU look they've decided to go for with the character faces