Ubisoft Announces Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2, Teases Assassin's Creed Reveal

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The Crew 2? Unexpected.

I own that game, but only because I got it for free/dirt cheap somewhat shortly after it came out. I haven't played it, but I haven't exactly heard stellar things about it. Can't really say that I expected this to get a sequel.

As for AC and FarCry: par for the course. Nobody should have been surprised. Will be interested where FarCry is set, and the same goes for AC - if it isn't Egypt.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Laggyteabag said:
As for AC and FarCry: par for the course. Nobody should have been surprised. Will be interested where FarCry is set, and the same goes for AC - if it isn't Egypt.
It's all but been confirmed that it is in Egypt.

...it's also at this point that the idea of Assassin's Creed crossing over with Prince of Persia occurred to me.

...weird. 0_0

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Ubisoft has one shot to prove their Assassin's Creed hiatus wasn't for nothing. Bring it back Ubisoft, c'mon.
Samtemdo8 said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
If FarCry 5 does not take place in Africa than don't care.
Dude. Far Cry in Cold War Russia. It needs to happen.
We already had a FarCry that takes place in Cold Mountainous regions with Taiga forests at lower elevations.
And we also already had a FarCry take place in savannas and one in a jungle. So how 'bout something properly new?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wow, another Far Cry and Assassin's Creed; what a shocker. I stopped buying anything from them since Rayman Legends. And it was because of them pushing back an already finished game, only to set it up to fail, became the final nail in the coffin for me.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
The next Far Cry game will be set in North Korea to Capitalize on current events. I imagine your an American student over their being guided round by a guide when the shit hits the fan, you get accused of being a spy and you have to work with the CIA to be able to escape out.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Cowabungaa said:
Ubisoft has one shot to prove their Assassin's Creed hiatus wasn't for nothing. Bring it back Ubisoft, c'mon.
Samtemdo8 said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
If FarCry 5 does not take place in Africa than don't care.
Dude. Far Cry in Cold War Russia. It needs to happen.
We already had a FarCry that takes place in Cold Mountainous regions with Taiga forests at lower elevations.
And we also already had a FarCry take place in savannas and one in a jungle. So how 'bout something properly new?
Because the prior Africa setting was very shallow, Far Cry 2 had no Wild Life for example.

Feb 26, 2014
Bunch a' old cynics in this thread! I'm willing to give Assassin's Creed the benefit of... a review before writing it off. I'm looking forward to the E3 gameplay reveal to confirm some of the leaks. Like a hood button (But, why?), no synchronization towers, and an eagle buddy.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Ooooooh boy, can't fucking wait to climb those towers, clear those strongholds and collects 14/100 of those meaningless thingamajigs using a mixture of simplistic and unnecessary stealth and equally simplistic combat.

Which Ubisoft game am I even talking about? You have no fucking idea!