Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed Has "An End"

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Adon Cabre said:
Well, its just a gut reaction.

Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed IV are very ambitious for the promises they're making (and the ULTRA SPEC PC FOOTAGE that they're showing). I have a feeling that both might be knocked down to earth come GTA V, not that I have a horse in this race.

I'm more interested in October's Beyond: Two Souls.
GTA V is in a way different ballpark than AC and Watch Dogs, so I'd be extremely confused if they weren't overshadowed by GTA V. As for Beyond: Two Souls, I really don't much care for David Cage's work, Heavy Rain was a game trying to be a movie and I don't like the way Cage is basically just trying to make interactive films rather than games. Also, I'm still not entirely sure what the game is about because the trailers I've seen really haven't given much away other than, "Ellen Page is telekinetic kinda I guess cause of some ghost I've been told and she was in the military or something" and the lack of actual gameplay makes me less enthused. (I know that they've began showing gameplay footage, I just didn't find that footage to be particularly interesting)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RicoADF said:
If they have that in AC4 it would be worth a day 1 purchase, "Is there anything else you've got to say Desmond before you walk the plank?".
Unfortunately, they'd probably just tease us. He'd be ready to walk the plank at the beginning, and be saved at the end after all the cool stuff has happened.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
AgentLampshade said:
The end will come as soon as Watch_Dogs proves to be more profitable. Mark my words.
I'm inclined to believe this but hopefully the first one is fine and that's enough for me.

OT: I don't believe them at all. I think they might have decided on an ending but not at all how to present, when to present it or even what fucking characters will be in the final game. It's just a paragraph on a writers desk somewhere.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
I've lost interest after Brotherhood, i have yet to touch my copy of Revelations.
While making it an annual title may be good for Ubisofts pockets i believe it really hurts the series by spreading it way too thin.

It also has long since stopped to be about actually assasinating people and more about flashy weapons and fighting a dozen guards at once. Most missions dont even really allow for stealth kills.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
bug_of_war said:
Adon Cabre said:
Well, its just a gut reaction.

Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed IV are very ambitious for the promises they're making (and the ULTRA SPEC PC FOOTAGE that they're showing). I have a feeling that both might be knocked down to earth come GTA V, not that I have a horse in this race.

I'm more interested in October's Beyond: Two Souls.
GTA V is in a way different ballpark than AC and Watch Dogs, so I'd be extremely confused if they weren't overshadowed by GTA V. As for Beyond: Two Souls, I really don't much care for David Cage's work, Heavy Rain was a game trying to be a movie and I don't like the way Cage is basically just trying to make interactive films rather than games. Also, I'm still not entirely sure what the game is about because the trailers I've seen really haven't given much away other than, "Ellen Page is telekinetic kinda I guess cause of some ghost I've been told and she was in the military or something" and the lack of actual gameplay makes me less enthused. (I know that they've began showing gameplay footage, I just didn't find that footage to be particularly interesting)
Oh, then we're plain opposites; because the more Beyond: Two Souls I see, the less I understand its mechanics -- that's awesome! And I like characterization, even at the expense of needing to mash all 14 buttons like a typical COD or Battlefield title.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Just like how Naruto has an "end" and yet it's still being milked to death.

I wonder what the "last" Assassins Creed game will be. Probably when Ezio has to disguise himself as a Mafia boss.

Nosirrah

Apr 16, 2013
Jandau said:
Obviously fake. The cow doesn't look even remotely dead!
And the emergency dead horse hasn't arrived yet!
So this "concept art" is either old (around ac:b) or fake.
My money is on the first option.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Adon Cabre said:
even at the expense of needing to mash all 14 buttons like a typical COD or Battlefield title.
Yeah but the thing is, (if we're using Heavy Rain as an example) you only mash one button in a David Cage game and then let the cinematic take you. I just prefer a good game more than a good story (although there have been times where the story has made me hate the game/made me more interested), and like you said, we're really polar opposites of what we find interesting about games.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
bug_of_war said:
Adon Cabre said:
even at the expense of needing to mash all 14 buttons like a typical COD or Battlefield title.
Yeah but the thing is, (if we're using Heavy Rain as an example) you only mash one button in a David Cage game and then let the cinematic take you. I just prefer a good game more than a good story (although there have been times where the story has made me hate the game/made me more interested), and like you said, we're really polar opposites of what we find interesting about games.
Nah, I ain't buying into the David Cage hate. I can look beyond the plat-former or open world genre. But so many triple-A titles are badly written; and so many concepts are mundane and repetitive.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Adon Cabre said:
Nah, I ain't buying into the David Cage hate. I can look beyond the plat-former or open world genre. But so many triple-A titles are badly written; and so many concepts are mundane and repetitive.
I don't hate the guy, he definitely knows how to do the style he does, I'm just saying that I personally don't like it. I wouldn't go so far as to say, "many triple-A titles are badly written" but there have been some with...(what's the word?) questionable writing? I guess you could say. Ah well, like I said before, a fun game is more than enough to keep me interested, a good story just seems like a bonus.