Ubisoft Delays Assassin's Creed 3 on PC

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
0takuMetalhead said:
Chance it will end the same like the pc version of Driver San Fransisco.
Why, what happened there? Far as I remember they just downgraded the DRM to a one-off online activation once they realised some of their versions only had that much anyway?

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Somethingfake said:
Gamespy should have asked what the shitty DRM will be
Its this thing called Steam. A client through which you purchase all of your games digitally so the publishers can maintain complete control over them, even after you shell out the cash. Weird, right?

OT: Ubisoft is worse than EA, hands down. Its not like you could even resolve to not buy their games, because they don't care. The console market more than makes up for any losses they would incur by alienating their PC customers.

Varil

May 23, 2011
Don't see yourself "investing hugely" in a mouse and keyboard setup? You mean giving a single coder a few hours to code key binds? Yeah, great. Does anyone actually BUY Ubisoft PC releases anymore, given their track record?

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Question, is Future soldier even playable on PC yet? Last I heard the cracked and upatched version is still the only playable one for PC. . .

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I think we should just start planning to throw elaborate parties on the same day they make these announcements to underscore exactly how predictable this is.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Squilookle said:
0takuMetalhead said:
Why, what happened there? Far as I remember they just downgraded the DRM to a one-off online activation once they realised some of their versions only had that much anyway?
Compare the pc version to the console version, you will notice a big diffirence.

PC version is missing post processing and HDR lighting, looks darker but not better. shadows on PC are to dark and overall lighting is unrealistic dimmed. also the sepia 70s tint is not present on PC, destroy the entire sunny 70s feeling.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
ZippyDSMlee said:
Did they take out the stupid DRM?
Probably not, but why is it that we allow Blizzard to get away with far more draconian DRM on Diablo 3, but complain like hell when someone else does it? :)

I've played a few Ubisoft PC games recently, and yes they have online activation etc, but they do have offline modes.. something D3 doesn't have.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
0takuMetalhead said:
Squilookle said:
0takuMetalhead said:
Compare the pc version to the console version, you will notice a big diffirence.

PC version is missing post processing and HDR lighting, looks darker but not better. shadows on PC are to dark and overall lighting is unrealistic dimmed. also the sepia 70s tint is not present on PC, destroy the entire sunny 70s feeling.
Ahh, THAT stuff. Yeah. Thought you were talking about DRM, that's all.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
DRes82 said:
Somethingfake said:
Its this thing called Steam. A client through which you purchase all of your games digitally so the publishers can maintain complete control over them, even after you shell out the cash. Weird, right?
Clearly you are not familiar with what Ubisoft PC games really use as DRM.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I still don't get why this is news anymore.

Ubisoft has been delaying PC releases since forever so we got used to it.The day when I saw the release date of AC III I thought to myself "Great,I'll play this game during Christmas yey...".I was wrong by a slight margin,but still,having to wait 1 extra month for it is plain stupid and insulting.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
gigastar said:
DRes82 said:
Somethingfake said:
I am not. I've refused to buy Ubisoft games since they first revealed that they couldn't give a shit less for their PC customers. I have a PS3 and an Xbox, but I will not buy their games for any platform. I know its pointless, but at least I can feel good about it.

So anyways, what is Ubisoft's DRM like? What makes it worse than that Windows Live bullshit or Origin?

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
DRes82 said:
gigastar said:
DRes82 said:
Somethingfake said:
I am not. I've refused to buy Ubisoft games since they first revealed that they couldn't give a shit less for their PC customers. I have a PS3 and an Xbox, but I will not buy their games for any platform. I know its pointless, but at least I can feel good about it.

So anyways, what is Ubisoft's DRM like? What makes it worse than that Windows Live bullshit or Origin?
Since you ask, Ubisoft manages to combine the worst of SecuRom and GfWL. You have to deal with limited installs, confirmation keys for both the games and DLC, and a constant connection to Ubisoft servers is required to play the game at all, even for offline games.

As a bonus, if you lose your internet or Ubisoft's servers go down for any reason at all you cannot play thier PC games at all.

Small wonder why Ubisoft's PC titles see the most pirating.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i was waiting for this. they always postpone the pc version. which is fine with me. rather take more time that it works properly then a half finished product that needs patching later on.