Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed 3 Naval Battles

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed 3 Naval Battles

Ubisoft has released a new trailer and some critical naval combat information at GamesCom.

What's Assassin's Creed 3 protagonist Connor Kenway doing on board an American warship, you ask? Well though Ubisoft is still being cagy as to exactly why, a Errol Flynn-style [http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php]. Except Errol probably smiled more often than Connor is likely to.

"You'll navigate tumultuous waters and command your own naval warship," Ubisoft said in its reveal, "sending enemies to their watery graves." Connor commands the Aquila, an upgradeable warship that starts with ordinary cannon and a relatively small amount of hit points. Through completion of the missions you'll get points with which to upgrade ship and guns, giving you a better chance of victory on the high seas. Those seas do look remarkably high; weather effects really come into play in this one, judging by the trailer. Ubisoft mentions that the waves are "capable of capsizing even Her Majesty's finest ships of the line," so best take care lest your Aquila - and you - go down into the watery deeps.

The release date is scheduled for October 30th, if you happen to play console. PC gamers will have to wait until November. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119001-Ubisoft-Delays-Assassins-Creed-3-on-PC]

Source: Ubisoft [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-16-assassins-creed-3-naval-battles-detailed]

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
You know what? This might - might, I stress - make up for putting me in a fucking forest instead of setting the majority of the game in the city. I love the series, but I really hated being outside the cities in the other games and the free-running in the woods shown in the trailers looked dull. However, if I have the ability to decalre myself a pirate king and rock around upgrading my ship to engage in epic naval battles, I think I can live with dicking about in the forest!

Seems like a fair trade to me.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I just hope this is executed well, and doesn't turn into plant your ship here while the enemy plants their ship there and you take turns firing at each other until the RNG gods favor you. Honestly bad, forced naval battles are so annoying (looking at you Shogun 2).

Wertornion

Aug 29, 2010
Never played any of the games so all I can say is that it looks good and that the music was a really bad choice here. Naval battles and some faux dubstep music are nog a good combination.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
No matter how many trailers I see for this, all I can think is that Connnor looks really silly while dual-wielding.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
shut up and take my money.
looks good. cant wait for it. since i, as a pc player, have to wait for a little bit longer. gives me time to save money and play other games till then :D

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
SonicWaffle said:
You know what? This might - might, I stress - make up for putting me in a fucking forest instead of setting the majority of the game in the city. I love the series, but I really hated being outside the cities in the other games and the free-running in the woods shown in the trailers looked dull. However, if I have the ability to decalre myself a pirate king and rock around upgrading my ship to engage in epic naval battles, I think I can live with dicking about in the forest!

Ninja'd dammit!

OT- Meh, I need to play the game first then see how good it is. Come on Ubisoft, a demo please? Please?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
thesilentman said:
SonicWaffle said:

Ninja'd dammit!

OT- Meh, I need to play the game first then see how good it is. Come on Ubisoft, a demo please? Please?
Oh, there will be a demo. I know how these things work. The game will come out, and I will buy it, and then three months later the demo will be on the xbox marketplace...

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Karloff said:
Ubisoft mentions that the waves are "capable of capsizing even Her Majesty's finest ships of the line,"
Surely that's 'His Majesty's' Ubisoft.
I'm fairly sure George III was a guy.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Have higher hopes for this than Revelations' tower defense. I still say whoever thought that'd be a good idea should have their employment with ubisoft question.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Lumber Barber said:
So much for stealth.
Assassins creed had stealth?

OP: It looks pretty damn cool. I actually liked the naval combat in napoleon, so this should be quite interesting.